Cristobal

If he's garbage for losing to #7 Stanford then what do you call a coach whose #8 team lost to #24 lsu? I'll give you one better than that...how about being ranked 2nd in the nation and losing to a 4 win team by double digits?
Now that we've seen a bit more of the season shake out, the "#24 LSU" tag is wholly irrelevant. The Tigers are clearly a top 10 team. The common denominator in each of our 4 game losses in a row is that Rosier played like crap. We could have had Saban on the sidelines and we still would have lost. Remember, Perry was suspended for LSU.

The difference between those losses and Oregon's last night is that the latter happened solely due to one specific coaching mistake by Cristobal. His coaching judgment is rendered suspect from here on, not that anyone thought he was a good X's and O's coach before this monstrous mistake of not kneeling out the clock.

Advertisement
The point is Richt has been doing this a helluva lot longer than Mario. I love Richt but there's a reason his only options after getting canned from UGA were Maryland and UVA...

I wouldn't have hired Richt. I also wouldn't let him be the "OC " or hire his son for an actual coaching position.

None of this means hire Mario based on his resume.

Now that we've seen a bit more of the season shake out, the "#24 LSU" tag is wholly irrelevant. The Tigers are clearly a top 10 team. The common denominator in each of our 4 game losses in a row is that Rosier played like crap. We could have had Saban on the sidelines and we still would have lost. Remember, Perry was suspended for LSU.

The difference between those losses and Oregon's last night is that the latter happened solely due to one specific coaching mistake by Cristobal. His coaching judgment is rendered suspect from here on, not that anyone thought he was a good X's and O's coach before this monstrous mistake of not kneeling out the clock.
The play call didn't lose the game, the fumble did. At least Oregon had a game to lose. We were never in it against LSU. And this is the same lsu team that got stomped by Troy.

Advertisement
Was one of the unluckiest losses I've seen in a while. They lost when they had not once, but twice had a 99% chance of winning the game in the second half.

I will say this...Justin Herbert is the QB Mark Richt faps to in 2018...he would be the perfect QB for what he wants to ultimately do.

Was a great game...TONS of pros all over the place on both sides of the ball on both teams and they all showed out.

Advertisement
Unlike CMR he was smart enough to hire an offense coordinator. I know he is not an offensive coordinator but at least he has some one who better understands Modern college football

Unlike CMR he was smart enough to hire an offense coordinator. I know he is not an offensive coordinator but at least he has some one who better understands Modern college football
Yep. And what has FIU accomplished since getting rid of Mario?

Advertisement
Maybe. But would they be "high" quality offers?

Not sure why this matters.

Before I answer, what do you think these "high offer" schools look for before they hire a coach? I am only assuming you mean schools that are Power 5 and have also competed for a National Title in the last 35 years.

Also put some respect on David Shaw's name.

That man is taking home his 4th Pac-12 conference title this season, book it.
At Stanford no less. He's very impressive. With somewhat of a limited talent pool due to their high academic standards, Shaw manages to get highly rated, and intelligent, players.

Advertisement
Before I answer, what do you think these "high offer" schools look for before they hire a coach? I am only assuming you mean schools that are Power 5 and have also competed for a National Title in the last 35 years.

Not UVA or Maryland.

35 years? Seriously?

Advertisement
Back