Cristobal made a mistake

Advertisement
First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
Maybe.....but that fat fvck Moe would still be in the way

Advertisement
Alot of you are clearly not developed enough mentally to reason. Yall are reacting the same way the Lizards did when we copped Citizen. But carry on. Thats how i feel about it. He should have announced a DC.
I don't think you know how putting up a coaching staff work. You don't make a major hiring for one or two recruits regardless how many stars are next to their names. Decisions like that are strategic with so many implications. You have no idea what Mario has been doing or how Steele ended up being our DC and the timing of it.

If u believe that then u gullible af. That's an excuse to keep the home town fans at bay and not down SS and coach moes throats.
Then why tf was man's on here, people from Miami recruiting gurus saying we had a chance. If it was money then wouldn't it be no chance? Brah i aint stunting no man on a message board that don't even live in FL like alot of people telling me nothing. I stated my opinion and thats it.

I don't think you know how putting up a coaching staff work. You don't make a major hiring for one or two recruits regardless how many stars are next to their names. Decisions like that are strategic with so many implications. You have no idea what Mario has been doing or how how Steele ended up being our DC and the timing of it.
So more than a month wasn't enough to go thru all the candidates even one week before signing day?

Advertisement
First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
Did not stop Moss, Skinner or Citizen? Stewart had a bag man plain and simple.

It’s true that he didnt know who’s Miami’s DC was until very late but there’s only 1 DC in America who has actually killed a kid and he signed to go play DT for him.
Kids don't care about what happened years ago at another school. He wasn't even present when the kid died. Now he did do some other messed up stuff at Maryland but 17/18 yr olds don't care about that.

Advertisement

I believe both...

Yes he took way too long, but he did get a good one...Could it have been an issue with Stewart? Of course...But make no mistake about it, Shemar Stewart was about them bags, he only came back on board the UM train when Ruiz surfaced

Advertisement

So he is going to trust Jimbo that is a documented liar? I don’t get it. If the head coach says you will be this, then that should be what is expected.

I have no clue whether you’re right or wrong. I disagree but that doesn’t make me right either

But these are the types of battles we have to win in the future. I don’t put much stock into this one though especially with the other pulls he’s made

Advertisement
Back