Cristobal made a mistake

Advertisement
even though i concur that it took mario TOO much time to find the DC, as a matter of principle i would never let the inmates control the asylum. the timeline for picking the DC could not be rushed or necessitated by the demands of one potential recruit (or any recruit for that matter) who we poorly recruited and ignored for 2 plus years and had 50 days to make up for it.

First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.

Shemar knew who the DC was as there were reports he was watching film and even Moe mentioned that Mario was "precise" with his DC information. I don't put this on Mario at all. He had TAM sweating until the last minute. I think he made a heroic effort with the 22 class and it shows with our current ranking. One dude that already had decided to take a large bag before Mario even got here will not sway my opinion.

First of all let me say this i support Mario 100%. Also this '22 class was made the way it is by bum Manny Diaz. No doubt about it. But also 2 things can be true. And in my opinion Mario made a big mistake twiddling his thumb in hiring and announcing a DC.

Yes most kids came for the program and trust the HC. But Shemar situation was different and ill explain why. He got sensitive about who the DC was, and he said he would not sign with Miami if we didn't have a DC. Said it to Manny Navarro. Why did he have this mentality? Message boards, recruiting scouts and people on social media always mention he gonna grow into a DT and he even tweeted that he was a DE. Mario Cristobal had enough time from last signing day to hire Kevin Steele or whomever else. Steele was not in the NFL, matter of fact he was unemployed. If he was our DC when we visited Shemar or when he came on his OV and you have your future DC break down scheme and role for him that may have been enough to sway him.

Mario made a mistake here and this one stings. Top talented DL are very rare and when we miss them at home it hurts more.

In any case its onward and upward for '23 and im confident this wont happen again.
Except he's going to A&M to play inside. This was about the NIL, 100%.

Advertisement

You got played just like the other mopes here. This was about NIL money and Oreo Cookie Coach Moe going for the cash. This kid was informed that Steele was a DC in the SEC for many years and his top DC teams If he really was stuck between choosing both, he knew who is coach was. Texas, however, are paying millions to their kids and money talks and bull**** walks. That is what happened here

He also said he didn’t wanna play in a 3-4 or didn’t want to play defensive tackle even on passing downs…. If you don’t know what you’re speaking on then you shouldn’t speak at all
Would love to hear that when ATM play him at DT. Jimbo will just not play him. How many 290+ DE are in the league?

Advertisement
One thing you need to learn about recruiting: Recruits will tell the media whatever makes them look like the good guy and whatever will draw less scrutiny. This is especially true when you are going to pick against the home town school.

The reason Stewart didn't come to Miami is not the lack of DC or scheme, but it sure sounds good when you use it as the excuse.

I don't think so. He didn't wanna play DT. He getn paid at A&M and woulda got paid here. If it was all set in stone he coulda easily signed on the first signing day. But carry on.
Durkin is known for 3-3-5 and 3-4 so that's bull that him and Fat Moe was saying. It's the kids decision you good luck to him. But South Florida got to start leaning on these handlers when they do this and make things uncomfortable for them

Advertisement
Would love to hear that when ATM play him at DT. Jimbo will just not play him. How many 290+ DE are in the league?
That’s the point, Mario didn’t make a mistake about the DC. He went to A&M for obvious reasons even when A&M is gonna play a 3-4 and have him play DT

For one player? WTF?
I get the kid was an athlete, and a beast of one at that, but we are going to be fine. This is only the beginning...the mistake is if you actually believe you are accurate with that post.

It’s called missing on your number 1 target. I’m sure Mario did not want to wait this long either but it took as long as it did. And TAMU is the better program right now.
Not being biased but how exactly are they a better program? They’ve pretty much been a 5 loss team over the last decade

Advertisement

What a **** post.

Advertisement
Back