Cristobal interview with Joe Rose (Post-Spring)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Very candid and detailed interview with Joe Rose. Some highlights:

- The team does much less 7v7 than it did under Manny. Cristobal likes 11v11 even for the passing period because it improves pocket presence and is more realistic. Players had to adjust to the physicality of practice.

- He complained that head coaches aren’t allowed to recruit in spring. Said he feels like he’s in a cage.

- DBs practiced much better than they looked on last year’s tape. Addae is an exceptional teacher.

- Frierson is a versatile player who can fill different roles because of his IQ.

- The two Williams are knockback tacklers. He hinted that the roster is missing that element.

- Joe tried to argue we didn’t need a WR transfer. Cristobal disagreed and said we need competition. He said he places a lot of emphasis on the spring game and made clear it was a subpar performance.

- We are obviously attacking the Portal for the Front Seven. He is trying to be adequate at weak spots before we elevate talent by recruiting. The players held out for spring will help the group and they are being developed hard.

- He loves Jason Taylor and said he is very hungry and humble given his position in life.

- QBs are a special group. You can tell he feels good about all three. He praised Ponce as a QB-only coach who can focus on fundamentals instead of scheme.

- He liked how Parrish and Franklin both got downhill.

- Ended with some jokes about NIL. He wants to use his players’ cars on his recruiting trips.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Some guys here literally want to be put to sleep and sold a dream, then wake up on game day like what happen?! If you are not selling a circle jerk you are a big meanie..

Got to take the bad with the good.
One thing I’ve learned is im screwed with some folks regardless lol. I’m a “sunshine pumper” if it’s positive , it’s “fake news” if it’s negative , I “love attention” so I go awol for two months but” that’s only because I lost my sauces”. At this point I just laugh.

Advertisement
- The team does much less 7v7 than it did under Manny. Cristobal likes 11v11 even for the passing period because it improves pocket presence and is more realistic. Players had to adjust to the physicality of practice.

This is what I believe is the monumental change we needed most. At least as it relates to player development. Couldn’t have harped on this more over the last few years. We had regular practice goers shocked at how little we tackled.

Amen.

Advertisement
One thing I’ve learned is im screwed with some folks regardless lol. I’m a “sunshine pumper” if it’s positive , it’s “fake news” if it’s negative , I “love attention” so I go awol for two months but” that’s only because I lost my sauces”. At this point I just laugh.
Please just brush the BS right off. Many of us just appreciate the inside info you bring to the table.

This is what I believe is the monumental change we needed most. At least as it relates to player development. Couldn’t have harped on this more over the last few years. We had regular practice goers shocked at how little we tackled.

Amen.
And it showed up in games every weekend. I was almost surprised if we ever tackled someone on first contact.

Man, this is your fridge:
1650753150081.png

And this is your pantry:
1650753168998.png

Advertisement
Back