Cristobal and perception

Advertisement
And you're sounding like someone that came home and caught Mario banging his girl lol! This IS a Mario thread dude, which explains why we're discussing Mario here. And you might need to get a calendar homie because it's no longer 2020. Oregon just went to Columbus and punched the Buckeyes in the mouth and yall still talking about last season lol! You Mario haters are the ones that need to pipe down because Mario don't wanna coach our bum *** program anyway! Would you trade your Mercedes G-Wagon for a Volkswagen lol??!!
Draw of family and home should never be underestimated. Mario has 2 sons. He may or may not want to move them. Just depends on their ages.

After 5 failed coaches where the university has wasted tens of millions, I side with the guys who are much closer to the program than me. I think the money will be there. There are a lot advantages at Miami. The new dorms are first rate, indoor practice facilities are first rate, weather, the Gables is a beautiful. Fans are desperate for a winner. Just need the right guy.

If we work NIL correctly, Mario will be able to recruit extremely well. Miami is just an easier draw than Eugene. He will own Florida.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Mario, he's a cane and a good recruiter. But when Oregon loses a game this season it's going to be fun around here.
Again, look at the body of work and pedigree. People lose games. We have 5 national titles with 2 undefeated seasons. Saban has 7 and he only has 2 undefeated seasons. Difficult to go undefeated. Cristobal wins the conference again should be the bell weather.

If winning a national title is the bell weather, then it is a very small group over the last 15 years. Hey, Les Miles is available and probably Eddie O. after this season. One thing for sure, Urban Meyer will be available after the 2022 season.

Last edited:
I get that Mario has some bad losses. But as I stated 20 pages ago, show me a coach with a better resume that Miami can hire.
Not to mention, with the last 4 coaches (save for Richt in 2017)…are we really in a place to turn down Cristobal?! We should be so lucky that he would still consider UM.

Doesn’t mean Cristobal is a future 5 time NC coach but let’s be real here. His resume destroys all but Richt’s, and if he finishes strong this year he could match or exceed him.

Again, look at the body of work and pedigree. People lose games. We have 5 national titles with 2 undefeated seasons. Saban has 7 and he only has 2 undefeated seasons. Difficult to go undefeated. Cristobal wins the conference again should be the bell weather.

If winning a national title is the bell weather, then it is a very small group over the last 15 years. Hey, Les Miles is available and probably Eddie O. after this season. One thing for sure, Urban Meyer will be available after the 2022 season.
This!

Advertisement
I’m not either; but what I don’t get is trying to discredit what he’s done to turn around Oregon as a means to justify why Manny is the man, and should be given a chance. Literally had dudes praying that our arch nemesis, OSU, beat Mario just to be right. That’s ridiculous to me. Personally, I’m all in on the dude from Coastal Carolina, Jamey Chadwell.

He’s young (44) and he’s moved up the ranks doing well at every stop. He’s taken over poor programs & won.

Started w/ D2 North Greenville. Started 2-8, improved every season, finishing 20-6.

Went on to FCS Charleston Southern & went 35-14.

Now he’s moved to the G5 level at CC. Started 3-9, improved every season & is now 18-8.

His only stop where he didn’t improve was Delta State, which he was only there one season.

I want him or Freeze. Those r my top two choices IF Diaz doesn’t pan out.

Yeaaaah I’m bumping my own chit that’s bolded.

I'll gladly point out the second post in this thread and hope that one day some will throw receipts in that jackass' face.
Check This Out Season 6 GIF by ABC Network
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
I think 2019 and 2021 Mario were very different conversations

I hated the thought of him in 2019 but 2021 I wasn’t thrilled but was ok with it

Kinda like Kiffin in 2021 I hated it. But two years later a lot has changed for me

Advertisement
I appreciate you eagerness, but you might want to wait until we're over .500
So if we win the bowl game then rules of engagement apply???.. 🤣🤣..
Back then I didn't think Mario was gonna come here myself... Didn't think our Admin would pay up to do it.... Well... Admin payed up... He came... Annnnnnnnd... We're 12 - 12 since.... I have 0 clue what I'm saying... 🤣🤣

So if we win the bowl game then rules of engagement apply???.. 🤣🤣..
Back then I didn't think Mario was gonna come here myself... Didn't think our Admin would pay up to do it.... Well... Admin payed up... He came... Annnnnnnnd... We're 12 - 12 since.... I have 0 clue what I'm saying... 🤣🤣
He's .507 for his career. Win the bowl game and he's .520 at Miami. Gotta win a whole lot more than that.

For reference, Shannon was .560, Golden was .561, and Manny was .583, all at Miami.

Edit: I did cone around to optimism on Mario, but that decision has not been validated at all. Yet.

He's .507 for his career. Win the bowl game and he's .520 at Miami. Gotta win a whole lot more than that.

For reference, Shannon was .560, Golden was .561, and Manny was .583, all at Miami.

Edit: I did cone around to optimism on Mario, but that decision has not been validated at all. Yet.
Sad Ice Cream GIF

Advertisement
Back