Cristobal and perception

Mullen may be a flamer. He will be a moron if he does not bench Jones for Richardson. They are going to be a real problem with Richardson at QB.

He is still 31-9, 19-7 at Florida and would have been better than the current and previous clown show. Most of the SEC fans are idiots. Georgia fans were ready to put Smart on a train. Now they are STFU.

Mullet just took a 0-star OL recruit. End of debate.

Advertisement
Yep. Schiano left before the bowl game. If he had stayed another month or two, the job would have likely been his.

Of course, we could have tried to pay Rutgers $4 million to get Schiano back...

its funny, but at the 17 Notre Dame game, I spoke to a former defensive back on the 01 team..

they told me that they hated the guy, was a pain in the *** to play for

at this point, after knowing what I know about Nanny (yes, Nanny) Diaz, I take that as a compliment to Schiano

And you say this .. why? Because he is a "Miami Guy? Mario's family absolutely loves the Pac Northwest and the environment in Eugene, Oregon. Mario is on his way to "God" status in Eugene .. and Oregon has the wealthiest single donor in college football that will ensure Oregon has anything it needs financially. He is on a mission, building an elite program and accomplishing things that that program has never accomplished before. Seriously doubt Mario would even consider leaving Oregon for Miami at this stage of his career. And there is no way Blake James would even consider hiring him in the event that UM decided they wanted to make a HC change.
Blake won’t have anything to do with it…Manny goes he goes..

Advertisement
its funny, but at the 17 Notre Dame game, I spoke to a former defensive back on the 01 team..

at this point, after knowing what I know about Nanny (yes, Nanny) Diaz, I take that as a compliment to Schiano
Can Greg recruit vs the SEC at UM would be my question. I know at least Mario could go head to head

I gotta assume that local ADs talk and I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia has put a negative word in with all the ADs in this state when they had openings and Mario's name came up.

Not saying that's the main cause of the friction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a factor.

The []__[] wasn't chartered for people like Mario Cristobal; It's a private school for rich white folk to send their children and friends to.

The football success was by chance; desegregation, Howard, fertile recruiting ground and the rest is history.

People who control Miami give opportunities to people they like, who will kiss their asses and make them feel good about themselves.

They'd rather be mediocre with someone they like than win with someone who doesn't respect them. That's the culture down there..

Last edited:
At the end of the day..if sh*t hits the fan..Schiano runs a whole unit.
Hes a veteran coach with nfl experience..and has some Butch Davis in him. He aint a softy. And unlike folks saying what Cristobal "learned" under Saban...it aint much as far as actually on the field coaching as he coached on the other side of the ball. If sh*t hits the fan...Mario cant even call **** plays. He is essentially just an OLINE COACH/RECRUITER.

His MAIN strength is RECRUITING. That is negated when actually coaching in South FLA...because all of the ELITES are down here recruiting..and he is no longer Bama (the top dog) or in Oregon where there isnt another team worth a sh*t other than USC to compete with recruits for.Cristobal has shown an ability to put together a staff....but again that also may negated if he is thinking he is worth 5.5 or 6milli ( he aint)

We need a wizard on either side of the ball has a head coach...a creative type in my opinion .not an OL position coach. That said Jeff Stoutland was a better coach than Mario...we should call him .
Lol!

Advertisement
Respectfully disagree on Mario. What he learned from Saban was how to run a football organization top to bottom. You acknowledge he's a great recruiter. He's also a winner. ... So a great recruiter who can build a great organization and win. I'll take that.

I was never against Schiano. People called him monkey boy and hated him for various reason. But to me he's always been a sound coach. He's certainly proven more than Manny. That said, I prefer Mario over both by a large margin.
There's a reason Schiano is at Rutgers and Mario is at Oregon.

Nobody liked him...including myself...

Mario don't want to coach Miami any dam way so yall Mario haters ain't got shytt to worry about! But what really cracks me the eff up is all these fools saying we can do better than Mario but can't ever name anyone better lol! Unless the school is dropping SERIOUS bags like Alabagman and Klempsun and most recently Lsu these mythical coaches you guys prefer over Mario ain't doing no more than Mario lol!

Last edited:
What big boys are they really, really going against..other than USC...or here and there on a guy being recruited from across the country.

Recruiting at Oregon (honestly speaking) is easier than recruiting at UM..when Oregon is the "IT" school out west....UM even when we were the top dogs was never the "it" school we still had to fight it out IN ****** STATE ..LET ALONE THE OTHER SEC BAG DROPPERS AN oHIO STATES OF THE WORLD LIVING HERE. Its a cesspool down here...im in it and know how it goes. For whatever reason south florida coaches recruit BETTER when they arent at Um ...when they are snatching kids out of here..than when they are here. (think James Coley)

We may recruit SLIGHTLY better with him at helm..Definately on the OL.. but i still cant get the thought of Mario Cristobal willing to fight another coach over got**** Alin Edouard at Hialeah. Good ole Alin Edouard a last chance u Back up qb and like a 4th string qb at UTEP or whatever garbage texas team and he was all in as that guy being a UM qb. ( he obviously has gotten better at Evals) but that has always left a bad taste in my mouth lol

Im discounting it a bit because i dont see him as really BUILDING it. They were in the MNC prior to him being there...and honestly the only reason some of their "recruiting rankings" were lower is guys like Chip and the other guys recruited to a scheme more so than the rankings.
Mario i give it...is offering up everybody and going after as much as he could...which what he learned at Bama.

He created physicality with his ol recruiting(that is something he is good at...his strength)...but alot of times that i have watched them..especially on d..they are the typical pac 12 softies. I seen f*cking Oregon State push em around running the ball just last year.
But you didn't see Oregon blow that double digit lead against Oregon State AND Cal though right? Just like nobody saw where Oregon and Iowa State was tied until Oregon had 4 costly turnovers to blow the game open either. Didn't see where Oregon was unranked and Iowa State was a top 10 either huh? People see what they want to see lol...

Advertisement
But you didn't see Oregon blow that double digit lead against Oregon State AND Cal though right? Just like nobody saw where Oregon and Iowa State was tied until Oregon had 4 costly turnovers to blow the game open either. Didn't see where Oregon was unranked and Iowa State was a top 10 either huh? People see what they want to see lol...

You’re trying to make the case for or against Mario with this post?

There is no way you can be this lacking in self awareness if it’s for him.

Mario don't want to coach Miami any dam way so yall Mario haters ain't got shytt to worry about! But what really cracks me the eff up is all these fools saying we can do better than Mario but can't never name anyone better lol! Unless the school is dropping SERIOUS bags like Alabagman and Klempsun and most recently Lsu these mythical coaches you guys prefer over Mario ain't doing no more than Mario lol!
That may very well be true, but I'd like to see what Ken Dorsey could do..

He was the leader on a championship CFB team, then picked up some admin experience at FIU, before pro scouting and successful coaching stints.

He's ripe for HC position and I believe he'd navigate the []__[] Culture better than Mario while also being able to connect with the City.

Advertisement
You’re trying to make the case for or against Mario with this post?

There is no way you can be this lacking in self awareness if it’s for him.
You can hate all you want but Mario is one of the hottest names in the biz right now, so your butt hurt opinion on a FREE message board means nothing! It's not about him coaching Miami, it's about TRUE Canes fans supporting one of our own! Why do people like you have a problem with that? You want the man to fail simply because people like myself want him to succeed! Go Canes? More like No Canes!

Mullen may be a flamer. He will be a moron if he does not bench Jones for Richardson. They are going to be a real problem with Richardson at QB.

He is still 31-9, 19-7 at Florida and would have been better than the current and previous clown show. Most of the SEC fans are idiots. Georgia fans were ready to put Smart on a train. Now they are STFU.

good call on AR. Jones is awful and anyone who followed him as a prep knows he was horribly overrated. AR is the real deal - freak athlete.

I see a lot of Jacurri in him - similar athlete/size/ability.

Richardson looked good, but it was against a bad USF team. Interested to see how he looks this week. Overall, Mullen is what he’s always been. A perennial 9-3/10-2 coach with the occasional 11-1 season.
Which makes him very competitive in SEC. I'm no Mullen fan but Florida is competently coached as compared to Miami.

Advertisement
Back