Cristobal and perception

Not sure about Garcia , but I do know there’s no way a guy like Mario would respect a twink like Blake: I have no clue what their beef is but it makes sense. Mario is a no bs alpha that can scare certain types.
I gotta assume that local ADs talk and I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia has put a negative word in with all the ADs in this state when they had openings and Mario's name came up.

Not saying that's the main cause of the friction, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a factor.

Advertisement
its especially interesting that the soffer family wants him here. again, their name is on the practice facility. it was put there for a reason.

Advertisement
interesting, why?

I was told looong ago that if Schiano never gets the Rutgers job after the 2000 season, he would've been the coach following Butch...
At the end of the day..if sh*t hits the fan..Schiano runs a whole unit.
Hes a veteran coach with nfl experience..and has some Butch Davis in him. He aint a softy. And unlike folks saying what Cristobal "learned" under Saban...it aint much as far as actually on the field coaching as he coached on the other side of the ball. If sh*t hits the fan...Mario cant even call **** plays. He is essentially just an OLINE COACH/RECRUITER.

His MAIN strength is RECRUITING. That is negated when actually coaching in South FLA...because all of the ELITES are down here recruiting..and he is no longer Bama (the top dog) or in Oregon where there isnt another team worth a sh*t other than USC to compete with recruits for.Cristobal has shown an ability to put together a staff....but again that also may negated if he is thinking he is worth 5.5 or 6milli ( he aint)

We need a wizard on either side of the ball has a head coach...a creative type in my opinion .not an OL position coach. That said Jeff Stoutland was a better coach than Mario...we should call him .

Hes a veteran coach with nfl experience..and has some Butch Davis in him. He aint a softy. And unlike folks saying what Cristobal "learned" under Saban...it aint much as far as actually on the field coaching as he coached on the other side of the ball. If sh*t hits the fan...Mario cant even call **** plays. He is essentially just an OLINE COACH/RECRUITER.

His MAIN strength is RECRUITING. That is negated when actually coaching in South FLA...because all of the ELITES are down here recruiting..and he is no longer Bama (the top dog) or in Oregon where there isnt another team worth a sh*t other than USC to compete with recruits for.Cristobal has shown an ability to put together a staff....but again that also may negated if he is thinking he is worth 5.5 or 6milli ( he aint)

We need a wizard on either side of the ball has a head coach...a creative type in my opinion .not an OL position coach. That said Jeff Stoutland was a better coach than Mario...we should call him .
Oregon goes against big boys and beats them. If he can recruit at Oregon he can **** sure recruit here. **** Manny is a meh recruiter and we still stay in the top 10-12. Mario can’t bump that to 6-8? I think you’re like others discounting what he’s built there. A physical , smash mouth unit at a school that was all finesse and speed previously. Is he a great gameday coach ? No….. neither was Butch.

That being said I’ve been begging for an offensive guru for years.

Respectfully disagree on Mario. What he learned from Saban was how to run a football organization top to bottom. You acknowledge he's a great recruiter. He's also a winner. ... So a great recruiter who can build a great organization and win. I'll take that.

I was never against Schiano. People called him monkey boy and hated him for various reason. But to me he's always been a sound coach. He's certainly proven more than Manny. That said, I prefer Mario over both by a large margin.

Advertisement

Hugh Freeze

Oregon goes against big boys and beats them. If he can recruit at Oregon he can **** sure recruit here. **** Manny is a meh recruiter and we still stay in the top 10-12. Mario can’t bump that to 6-8? I think you’re like others discounting what he’s built there. A physical , smash mouth unit at a school that was all finesse and speed.
What big boys are they really, really going against..other than USC...or here and there on a guy being recruited from across the country.

Recruiting at Oregon (honestly speaking) is easier than recruiting at UM..when Oregon is the "IT" school out west....UM even when we were the top dogs was never the "it" school we still had to fight it out IN ****** STATE ..LET ALONE THE OTHER SEC BAG DROPPERS AN oHIO STATES OF THE WORLD LIVING HERE. Its a cesspool down here...im in it and know how it goes. For whatever reason south florida coaches recruit BETTER when they arent at Um ...when they are snatching kids out of here..than when they are here. (think James Coley)

We may recruit SLIGHTLY better with him at helm..Definately on the OL.. but i still cant get the thought of Mario Cristobal willing to fight another coach over got**** Alin Edouard at Hialeah. Good ole Alin Edouard a last chance u Back up qb and like a 4th string qb at UTEP or whatever garbage texas team and he was all in as that guy being a UM qb. ( he obviously has gotten better at Evals) but that has always left a bad taste in my mouth lol

Im discounting it a bit because i dont see him as really BUILDING it. They were in the MNC prior to him being there...and honestly the only reason some of their "recruiting rankings" were lower is guys like Chip and the other guys recruited to a scheme more so than the rankings.
Mario i give it...is offering up everybody and going after as much as he could...which what he learned at Bama.

He created physicality with his ol recruiting(that is something he is good at...his strength)...but alot of times that i have watched them..especially on d..they are the typical pac 12 softies. I seen f*cking Oregon State push em around running the ball just last year.

Respectfully disagree on Mario. What he learned from Saban was how to run a football organization top to bottom. You acknowledge he's a great recruiter. He's also a winner. ... So a great recruiter who can build a great organization and win. I'll take that.

I was never against Schiano. People called him monkey boy and hated him for various reason. But to me he's always been a sound coach. He's certainly proven more than Manny. That said, I prefer Mario over both by a large margin.
He has had more on field **** ups than the Danny Miaz....and would get KILLED here if he did some of the sh*t he did at Oregon to lose games....also was owned by FAU when he had the talent advantage yearly....just saying.

He learned the football organization skills better though going to Bama and putting together a solid staff.( i definately agree).....But he is able to do so at a school with UNLIMITED MONEY and in a conference that is sh*tty with one other team as a threat (who is down).

I think Schiano is a better coach honestly. I always thought he would do pretty well here as the Head Coach.

What big boys are they really, really going against..other than USC...or here and there on a guy being recruited from across the country.

Recruiting at Oregon (honestly speaking) is easier than recruiting at UM..when Oregon is the "IT" school out west....UM even when we were the top dogs was never the "it" school we still had to fight it out IN ****** STATE ..LET ALONE THE OTHER SEC BAG DROPPERS AN oHIO STATES OF THE WORLD LIVING HERE. Its a cesspool down here...im in it and know how it goes. For whatever reason south florida coaches recruit BETTER when they arent at Um ...when they are snatching kids out of here..than when they are here. (think James Coley)

We may recruit SLIGHTLY better with him at helm..Definately on the OL.. but i still cant get the thought of Mario Cristobal willing to fight another coach over got**** Alin Edouard at Hialeah. Good ole Alin Edouard a last chance u Back up qb and like a 4th string qb at UTEP or whatever garbage texas team and he was all in as that guy being a UM qb. ( he obviously has gotten better at Evals) but that has always left a bad taste in my mouth lol

Im discounting it a bit because i dont see him as really BUILDING it. They were in the MNC prior to him being there...and honestly the only reason some of their "recruiting rankings" were lower is guys like Chip and the other guys recruited to a scheme more so than the rankings.
Mario i give it...is offering up everybody and going after as much as he could...which what he learned at Bama.

He created physicality with his ol recruiting(that is something he is good at...his strength)...but alot of times that i have watched them..especially on d..they are the typical pac 12 softies. I seen f*cking Oregon State push em around running the ball just last year.
Thibodeaux and Flowe was elite recruits , that’s just off the top of my head.
Two of the best recruits in the country.

Advertisement
Thibodeaux and Flowe was elite recruits , that’s just off the top of my head.
Two of the best recruits in the country.
yep major wins...BUT 2 West Coast kids who wanted to stay out west who realistically they only had to beat a down USC for.

I know every one wanted those 2..but realistically they were staying that way....and when you are...your going to USC or Oregon currently.

For example on Thibadeaux...just look at who has a shot with a Shemar Stewart and freakin Nyjalik Kelly was committed to FS got**** U. **** FSU is in play for the nations top TE and definately has the best DB in the nation LOCKED In.

This is the type of RECRUITING that takes place in Southern Big boy recruiting...Recruiting out west is childs play in comparison honestly.

But im going to give him respect for those pulls...all of the recruiting prowess we are speaking of Danny Miaz is essentially ranking wise recruiting at about the same level. (let that sink in)

Is stoutland a recruiter?

Advertisement
If Mario got offered this job he is taking it without a doubt

He could win a NC at Oregon this season be offered the job a day after and he would accept
U really think he would take it after he saw what Taggert did? Tough one to call man it may be coaching suicide here

interesting, why?

I was told looong ago that if Schiano never gets the Rutgers job after the 2000 season, he would've been the coach following Butch...

Yep. Schiano left before the bowl game. If he had stayed another month or two, the job would have likely been his.

Of course, we could have tried to pay Rutgers $4 million to get Schiano back...

Advertisement
Back