Cristobal and perception

My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
I’m going to be honest. A few years back I hated the idea of him being our HC. But after seeing the job that inept Manny did and after seeing his record at Oregon and the fact that he NOW has a good head coaching experience, I’m warming up to hire him as Miami HC. I think if he still wants to come here, he is worth giving a shot. Totally different from all previous hires. He checks many boxes.

Advertisement
It looks like CristobalInsight.com is hosting Mario’s press manager Cold Hearted Cane on the podcast tonight…. any question you’ve never had about Mario will be answered
Nah bro, just stating the facts that the Mario haters always seem to leave out for some odd reason lol. Could care less about Mario coaching Miami, just defending and supporting a TRUE Hurricane! Not ONE Miami fan gave a dam about Oregon and the Pac until Mario got the head gig at Oregon, now everyone's keeping up with the Pac hoping for a Mario loss every single week, but to this day you better not say shytt about the great Tate Martell lmao!!!

Last edited:
Oh I think Mario is a good college coach.
That’s not the point. I’m not comparing Mario to Manny
If anything I’m comparing the EXPECTATIONS at Oregon vs what are the delusional expectations from a large portion of our fanbase..no matter all the rest of the good Mario had done at Oregon, if he was at Miami and lost to FSU he’d get crucified..and he lost too Oregon state..which is worse tbh
We would lose to Oregon State too! Lol

It's easily worse. It's the worst power 5 conference easily. Stop this sh-t.

From a talent perspective..the acc and big 10 fluctuates behind the sec. The majority of the pac 12 conference is some sh-t..and cristobal loses to 2 of those bum teams yearly
Not here to defend cristobal, here to breakdown that pac 12 is the exact same as the acc. Let’s break down the coastal versus Mario’s side of the pac.

All coastal teams talent based on average recruiting rankings 2018-2021= 38th average class

all pac 12 teams on Oregon’s side 2018-2021= 38th average class

so if you’re telling me that the coastal is light years ahead of Oregon’s side are you saying that the coastal coaching just makes it that much better? Because results and talent rankings tell a different story.

Advertisement
I’m going to be honest. A few years back I hated the idea of him being our HC. But after seeing the job that inept Manny did and after seeing his record at Oregon and the fact that he NOW has a good head coaching experience, I’m warming up to hire him as Miami HC. I think if he still wants to come here, he is worth giving a shot. Totally different from all previous hires. He checks many boxes.
A few years ago you were right

Man its not about defending Manny. He wasn't even my choice when he got hired and I couldn't care less if he got fired tomorrow if the next guy wins.

Just answer me this. Have Mario come here and replicate his exact accomplishments here. Are you seriously telling me the same chuckleheads clamoring for him today wouldn't be wanting his head 2 seconds after Fresno State tied the score in the fourth quarter last Saturday?

"How the **** do you lose to Cal and Oregon State back to back?? Mario's guys are soft and he can't get team ready!"

"Mario got schooled by Campbell and barely beat Fresno ******* State as a three TD favorite after losing to two **** teams!!!"

"He made a guy tearing up the NFL look average!"

"He backed into the P12 championship and beat a **** USC team!"

That's why it's impossible for me to take most of these guys serious. They see only what they want to see.
Of all people on this board to ever mutter the words "They only see what they want to see", you should be last in line. J. F. C.

Mario would definitely fix the trenches situation at Miami... wouldn't have to worry about getting bullied by 2* recruits .....

Advertisement
4-3 during a covid year yet still with a conference title.
Just for context, they didn't even win their division and only had a shot at the conference title because Washington had to cancel.

Coached under Saban for enough years to have had something rub off on him, don't care bring him here, he would be the best coach here we've had since Butch. He is 10 times the coach Diazaster is. But then I see Frenk and Flake and know it will never happen.

It makes me sick that he'd probably be the coach if Blake wasn't the worst AD in the country.
Agree my man. I can’t tell you how infuriating it is! It’s mind boggling, blake is enemy number one, there is no denying that now. We as fans need to do everything possible to get that bum fired and as far away from this athletic department as possible. You have to laugh to keep from crying when you think about everything this guy has done to further damage this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My reality is he’s 27-10 at Oregon, won two conference titles , won a rose bowl ,took over and instantly made them physical as **** , has them playing with an edge ,and recruits like a dog. Like I said that’s reality , not perception.
To add to this, his pedigree is pretty darn impressive. I will add the following: two national titles as a player, graduate assistant for Butch, position coach for Schiano, head coach at FIU where they won their only conference title, position coach and recruiting coordinator for Saban. The argument against Cristobal is he is not a national title winning head coach. Right now we need a guy to lead this program who can consistently win the coastal. Do that and we can challenge Clemson for the conference. Win the conference and we are in the playoffs. Cristobal is more than capable of doing that at Miami. This all goes back to two issues. Cristobal getting canned at FIU and spurning Golden for Saban. No doubt this guy has matured. Culturally, he is what Miami needs. I bet you the turnover chains get tossed into Biscayne Bay 5 minutes after Cristobal moves in Hecht.

Covid year excuses for Oregon losses? Ok.

Covid the only reason Oregon even backed into the championship game? Not ok.

Jfc you’re such a hypocrite.
It’s almost as if your love for Manure has driven you insane! It’s almost as if there is no help for you anymore! I just can’t understand how someone can continue to support someone who is so bad! You brought up Cristobals last 7 games, well how about you bring up manures last 7 games?
Barely beat NC state by 3 points.
Barely beat vtech by a point.
drubbed the Duke back up basketball team.
The worst loss in Miami history to UNC.
schooled by OKie state and the mullet man.
Drubbed by bama.
And a safety on a bad snap from Losing to app state at home. Smh
There is no comparison, Mario > Manure
But of course you leave out how Mario just went to the horseshoe, without his two best players on defense and beat the team that was playing in the national championship last year. Lol get back to me when Manure accomplishes that sporto, or should I say insano at this point?

Remember when everybody was excited to get Richt because he'd win us at least 10 games every year and that was a big step up.

Advertisement
Back