Crazy recruiting stats

To be fair, other teams with far less talent have kept it close. They just expect this coaching staff to get the max out of our guys. (hasn’t happened in 20+ years)
matchup nightmare for our offense, NFL bodies on there DL vs our OL............betting man says take there DL especially with the OL we have had over the years. And that right there will separate the man from the boys.

Advertisement
JT can win games - he's just not healthy yet. Mathis was the talk of camp but he did not look good before he was bench for Bennett.

Once Vandagriff gets on campus that team should finally be able to challenge Bama for that top spot in the SEC.
You may
JT can win games - he's just not healthy yet. Mathis was the talk of camp but he did not look good before he was bench for Bennett.

Once Vandagriff gets on campus that team should finally be able to challenge Bama for that top spot in the SEC.
We might want to keep an eye out f4 carson beck in da portal!

They dominated at DL can't throw to TEs if your qb running for his life. IMO I think our roster isn't good enough for it to be a close game....again that's my opinion always has been at this stage in our program vs there's.
They didn’t dominate our d line. They pinched their line and blitzed constantly. They sent more than we could block...that’s not getting beat man on man that’s a numbers advantage. We ran into the teeth of what they were doing. If King has enough time to throw 9 routes all night he had time to throw everything else. No routes in the middle of the field, nothing. Wiggins favorite route is the post. All he does is score tds on that route. Didn’t see one post route to him and there was almost never a safety in the middle of the field. It was a sht plan.

When people say the talent gap between Miami and Clemson isn’t that big...

Do we have a 5 star player on our current roster? Jaelan Phillips I believe is the only one
And he is 3 star transfer after all the stuff he been through.

Advertisement
lol not when youre trying to beat the elite bag schools for a title. talent matters more there and it isnt just starters. its having depth so you dont have a drop off in talent
Let Miami start beating the Dukes of the world who they out recruit before you worry about Alabama and Clemson.

Let Miami start beating the Dukes of the world who they out recruit before you worry about Alabama and Clemson.
ok this also expands to more schools than just miami. there are only four schools that really compete for a title

Advertisement
Florida State used to have a monopoly on ACC five-stars. Now, they have the 22nd-ranked class in the country and Clemson is cleaning up. These things aren’t fixed.

If Miami plays to its potential, it will win enough to sign five-stars. And then those players take you to the next level.

what do you base the fact that we’ll be able to sign all these 5 stars if we start winning? We sure as heck weren’t able to back In the early to mid 00s and we weren’t really competing with bags like we are now. We’ll see if the james Williams/Taylor trends continues, though. Is it an outlier or the start of a trend?

what do you base the fact that we’ll be able to sign all these 5 stars if we start winning? We sure as heck weren’t able to back In the early to mid 00s and we weren’t really competing with bags like we are now.

We have finished in the Top 15 in the polls six times since 2000, most recently three years ago. Every one of those years, we signed a Top 10 class. We signed 14 five stars across those six classes.

lol not when youre trying to beat the elite bag schools for a title. talent matters more there and it isnt just starters. its having depth so you dont have a drop off in talent
lol right back at ya. Tell that to GA.

It's not about piling up 5*s. It about getting the right ones. And since you brought up depth. It's even more important there. Recruiting off of lists is what got us into trouble in the first place.

This is where a 4-team playoff has been bad for college football. One key reason more of the top talent signs with the same teams, namely Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, UGA and/or OU is because those are the teams almost always in CFP race late in the season, or in the CFP. It’s a cycle.

I believe expanding the CFP to 8 teams would help distribute talent.

Advertisement
Cool story. It’s 2020 and every championship contender has a roster full of 4 and 5 star players. The best teams have the best recruits. This is not debatable it’s 100%fact

Cool story. It’s 2020 and every championship contender has a roster full of 4 and 5 star players. The best teams have the best recruits. This is not debatable it’s 100%fact
It's 2020 and you like many still don't understand what determines the "best recruit/s" over the best teams coupled with the best system for that team. Basing your belief system off of non-systems will always leave you and many flawed. I'll give you a clue, what is the ratio and make up of most teams, according to the star system.

At the end of the day, it primarily comes down to the same 3 things, player evaluations, player development and the system/style of play, not nerd recruiting sites. The problem these days is you have to many coaches these days being trained to be robots and copy cats who can't think on their own and get mesmerized by coaching clinics from many coaches who's style of play was only working because of the weakness of other teams and coaches around them.

Somebody here made a statement that "coach saban is regarded as arguably the best defensive mind in college football" he's a prime example of what I mean of someone being mesmerized, any headcoach that's running a 3-4 defensive scheme and any coach that has a high level understanding of football know that fundamentally a 3-4 defense can be picked apart all day long.

Old nicky is cut from the old school cloth, their is a reason the old foggies feel confident in coming back and coaching against these new young crop of coaches, they see and understand that alot these ****'s don't understand what they're doing and like basketball, alot of the fundamentals have gotten lost, coach saban led teams are going to be fundamentally sound, that's what the 3-4 is, but flawed

This is where a 4-team playoff has been bad for college football. One key reason more of the top talent signs with the same teams, namely Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, UGA and/or OU is because those are the teams almost always in CFP race late in the season, or in the CFP. It’s a cycle.

I believe expanding the CFP to 8 teams would help distribute talent.
Every other division and sport have a true playoffs in college. 4 teams isn’t a real playoff in my opinion. it should be 8 games. FCS, D2, D3 all have big playoff brackets. If they’re concerned about amount of games you just take away one of the non conference g5/fcs schools these team play.

We have finished in the Top 15 in the polls six times since 2000, most recently three years ago. Every one of those years, we signed a Top 10 class. We signed 14 five stars across those six classes.

The major hurdle being 5 of those 6 Top 15 seasons happened before the kids we're recruiting now were born.

HS recruits now have only seen Miami be a middle of the road ACC school - so we need a lot of good salesmen.

Advertisement
The major hurdle being 5 of those 6 Top 15 seasons happened before the kids we're recruiting now were born.

HS recruits now have only seen Miami be a middle of the road ACC school - so we need a lot of good salesmen.
KIds have a short memory. If you have a good season, the last two decades don't mean as much. Stack those good seasons and the past doesn't matter at all.

To be fair, we could sign 3 5* players this year...after a 6-7 season.

I mean...if we're consistently winning 10 games (say, 9 this year)...we'll get more.

But popping Top 15 one year, getting a 5* or two, then being a barely .500 team and signing some mid the next year is not how its done. Gotta be consistently on the brink and the 5* players put you over the top. Its not something 1, 2, or even 3 seasons fixes...you just need to start winning - double digit-ish wins - consistently.

KIds have a short memory. If you have a good season, the last two decades don't mean as much. Stack those good seasons and the past doesn't matter at all.
I hope so. It can be done - Clemson & Baylor are the 2 recent schools I think of for going from middling schools to successful programs. I'm sure I'm missing others.

Miami, Nebraska, Tennessee, Michigan - those are the 4 teams I think of as super powers around 2000 that haven't figured out how to get "back".

My hope is with Taylor & Williams - we've got 2 of Top 20 guys which we haven't done since 2008. If both guys hit, we'll be looking good.

That's one of the reasons this year is so important. Some kids want to stay home, some want to get away. Some kids are looking to get paid. All kids want to win. They're off to a good start this year. They just need to keep winning the games they're supposed to win.

Advertisement
Back