Crazy recruiting stats

Advertisement
I know some of y'all hate this...but we gotta start putting guys in the NFL, too.

And before you say "we do tho!!"...no one is coming here because Joe Jackson went in the 5th Round of the draft.

We've had one first round DB the past decade.
We haven't had a first round LB since Beason.
We've had one first round wide receiver since Andre Johnson was drafted.

These are historical staples of Miami...having big time players at DB, LB, WR get drafted high and become great NFL players...we gotta go back to getting those boys into the league and drafted high.

I know some of y'all hate this...but we gotta start putting guys in the NFL, too.

And before you say "we do tho!!"...no one is coming here because Joe Jackson went in the 5th Round of the draft.

These are historical staples of Miami...having big time players at DB, LB, WR get drafted high and become great NFL players...we gotta go back to getting those boys into the league and drafted high.
I actually agree with this and have been saying the same. We need name-brand players so recruits can say, "I want to be the next _____."

Jerry Jeudy was the next Calvin Ridley who was the next Amari Cooper.

Artie Burns was a 1st rounder...

I agree though that we need to do a better job developing and show casing the talent we do get

I actually agree with this and have been saying the same. We need name-brand players so recruits can say, "I want to be the next _____."

The two positions we've done well with recently in regard to getting them into the NFL...Tight End and Safety.

And those just so happen to be the positions we've recruited the best. Crazy how that works.

Gurvan Hall, Jalen Harrell, Tae Williams, Bubba Bolden...all big gets on the recruiting trail. Sans Bolden, those were all guys we had big time competition for and won out. We also put a lot of safeties into the NFL in recent vintage...now we've got Kam Kinchens and James Williams.

Tight End...Brevin Jordan, Will Mallory...now we've got Arroyo and Brantley.

Time to start getting other positions into the pros and the rest starts to fix itself when we win.

Advertisement
Miami has done a good job of making certain positions "fun" and appealing for recruits. A safety knows he's going to be asked to showcase a variety of skills in this defense and if he performs well, he'll get a lot of spotlight. Same for a defensive lineman. These guys want to get after the passer and make plays in the backfield. Not engage blockers and keep the linebackers clean to make all the plays. A tight end knows he's going to get a chance to be a legit focal point of the offense here. Not just a glorified extra lineman or fullback. I'm hoping with the transition to a more exciting brand of offense, Miami can start appealing to more WR recruits and QB recruits. Guys want a chance to showcase their skills. If I'm a star receiver, I'm not going to a school that only plays two at a time and runs a slow paced offense with limited play opportunities. For whatever flaws the Manny/ Baker defense has, it at least has made playing defense at Miami "fun" again. If Lashlee can make offense "fun" it might just help bring in a couple more dynamic offensive players.

If the players are drafted high, they need to produce in the NFL. High Pick without productivity is worthless.

Phillip Dorsett was drafted in the 1st Round, yet I’m waiting for the first “Next Phillip Dorsett”. I’m still waiting for the first “Next Erick Flowers”...

The two positions we've done well with recently in regard to getting them into the NFL...Tight End and Safety.

And those just so happen to be the positions we've recruited the best. Crazy how that works.

Gurvan Hall, Jalen Harrell, Tae Williams, Bubba Bolden...all big gets on the recruiting trail. Sans Bolden, those were all guys we had big time competition for and won out. We also put a lot of safeties into the NFL in recent vintage...now we've got Kam Kinchens and James Williams.

Tight End...Brevin Jordan, Will Mallory...now we've got Arroyo and Brantley.

Time to start getting other positions into the pros and the rest starts to fix itself when we win.
Hopefully Rousseau starts the trend again.

If the players are drafted high, they need to produce in the NFL. High Pick without productivity is worthless.

Phillip Dorsett was drafted in the 1st Round, yet I’m waiting for the first “Next Phillip Dorsett”. I’m still waiting for the first “Next Erick Flowers”...
I agree with you, but these kids are looking at the first contract and not the second. Otherwise who could explain going to Florida?

Advertisement

Well flowers is a good player. Just not a guy a young kid will have a poster of in his room

Can anybody name at least five "5 stars on Clemson's roster off the top of their head that made plays against us this year, the star whores continue!
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

So we need to recruit and evaluate better?

So we need to recruit and evaluate better?

We need to recruit and evaluate better until we’re the 2001 Canes.

The first step is playing better with the numerous future NFLers on the roster currently. So far, so good.

Advertisement
We need to recruit and evaluate better until we’re the 2001 Canes.

The first step is playing better with the numerous future NFLers on the roster currently. So far, so good.
IMO the first step is both play better and evaluate better. They’re independent processes. ‘Recruiting’ (selling) may follow wins, but evals are a different topic. Better evals will help us win more. More wins will help us recruit better. But more wins won’t help us evaluate better. That’s a skill set we need massive improvement in.

Advertisement
Back