Crazy recruiting stats

If I'm looking at indicators, I see bigger gaps in support staff and coordinator $. Those are the "quiet" attributes of a program that punches above its weight, wins the games it should, shows itself as a place for talent development, and ultimately wins more 5* recruiting battles. Of course, bigtime talent then begets more winning.
Correct

Advertisement
LOL, keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight for those nerd recruiting sites, and here's some news for you, etienne is actually their current best player on that team, but name another 1 or 2 besides him. The logic is flawed, for all those so called "5 star" players Bama has, why they keep losing to the teams that have less "5 star " players. Oh yeah and by the way, pope is listed as a "5 star" player as well.

Organized systems, confident coaches who have the ability to evaluate the players that fit their systems are the key, not what some nerd recruiting sites keep throwing darts at. And can you explain the difference between a "5star" and "4 star player" and the difference between a "4 star" & "3 star" player, what's the criteria, and how do they know this before the player has even played a college game, star whores continue!
I’m not going to bother explaining it to you because you’ve clearly picked the “stars don’t matter” hill to die on but just look up the numbers. The teams with the most talent almost always win. What team full of 3 star players any chance at all of winning a national championship? None.

We played Clemson THIS year. The game was two weeks ago. The reason we lost to them is because they have better players than we do. And I’m well aware that it takes time to build a roster with that much talent. You’re the one going off on player development like Miami has the talent to beat Clemson but they just don’t “develop” it correctly. That’s not the case at all
I'm starting to get more than a little irritated with these "player development" mythologists.

You win by evaluation and salesmanship on the trail, and then by installing a scheme that fits and maximizes that talent.

Player "development" is overwhelmingly up to, wait for it....the player, whether in the practice field, technique, film room, weight room, track, or buffet.

Advertisement
While Miami hasn't had Alabama type classes, they haven't had Virginia Tech ones either. I will lean more towards extremely poor development of players than bad recruiting.
Did Nick Saban develop Henry Ruggs? This is a yes or no question.

I'm starting to get more than a little irritated with these "player development" mythologists.

You win by evaluation and salesmanship on the trail, and then by installing a scheme that fits and maximizes that talent.

Player "development" is overwhelmingly up to, wait for it....the player, whether in the practice field, technique, film room, weight room, track, or buffet.
There's a few things a lot of fans aren't aware of. One of them is that coaches are limited in the time they're allowed to be around the players. This includes practice drills, film study and actual game time. In the off season it's particularly limited. I think it's like 8 hours maximum per week. This puts an added onus on the training staff and the players themselves to do a lot of the work. Particularly physical training and film room work. The coaches can't be in there holding the players' hands. It's why player accountability and leadership are at least as important as coaching leadership. If a guy chooses to eat poorly and train minimally, that's on him. Every team has guys who improve and guys who don't. Like I said earlier, Alabama has a bunch of 4 and 5 star players sitting on their bench. Is it because they choose to purposely not "develop" those guys? Of course not. Those guys just didn't pan out. Maybe they were lazy. Maybe the peaked athletically in high school. Maybe they just weren't that great to begin with. It's certainly not because the coaches coached them differently than the guys who are starting.

Advertisement
I have read here I know I have that we have the talent to keep it close which was complete BS.

People said we had the roster to keep it close which was a lie. Ok so assuming we "have the roster" that means we have the same type of talent to keep it close. Or am I reading between the lines wrong?

Someone break down "we have the talent to keep it close"

I have to know what that means
Oh no that game should have been closer. Lashlees gameplan was dog sht. We had the players to do exactly what they did to us. Isolate our slow lbs on their much quicker and faster players at rb. No double te sets with Mallory and Jordan...u can’t double both of them and spy King like they were doing. And if you line them up tight to the formation the short edge they were blitzing off of is gone. His plan was to run hb dive into constant blitzes and throw jump balls to Pope, Harley and Wiggins 😂😂😂. Tell me that wasn’t what u saw as our offensive game plan.

Last edited:
We played Clemson THIS year. The game was two weeks ago. The reason we lost to them is because they have better players than we do. And I’m well aware that it takes time to build a roster with that much talent. You’re the one going off on player development like Miami has the talent to beat Clemson but they just don’t “develop” it correctly. That’s not the case at all
This thread was about teams stacking up on 5 stars. No one said anything about the game between us and Clemson. Talent development is how u convince top rated players to come to your team in high numbers. As they know they will be coached up to get the best chance to go to the higher level. That was what I was saying. U have people on here comparing us to Taint. UGA Bama and Clemson when they are showing they are coaching up the players they get. If we coach our players to consistently smash the ACC coastal.....we will start getting players to start challenging Clemson and the SEC on equal footing. Players dont like to leave where they live too far on a normal level. Most players go to schools in there area. They are leaving because they are not convinced they are gonna get the best coaching at Miami. No one can say that is a lie for the past 10-15 years. And i dont wanna here about bags because when Shannon came in and our winning was not too long before, we got the #1 class and did F all with it, and the slide continues. Since then we have gotten multiple top 10, top 15 classes and have consistently gotten top 40, top 30 performances.

None of u can come up with a valid reason other than coaching why we cant dominate the coastal and be in the ACCCG every other year or 3 out of 4 years minimum. Tell me one team in there that gets better talent. UNC just started to get close to our recruiting since Mack Brown got there. Excuses up on excuses. Nepotism and Friendship coaching staff over qualifications. There is your answer.

While Miami hasn't had Alabama type classes, they haven't had Virginia Tech ones either. I will lean more towards extremely poor development of players than bad recruiting.
Miami's on field performance has lagged behind it's recruiting rankings but I don't think it's because players aren't being developed. There's a few reasons they've underperformed. Mostly poor offensive and defensive schemes. Between outdated pro style offenses and Golden/Donofrio 80's defenses they have not been putting players in the best position to succeed. That's a fixable issue. A bigger problem stems from the fact that way too many kids that were recruited here either left for another school or never enrolled here in the first place. Yeah it's great when you sign 12 4 star players on signing day but if 6 of them are gone before their junior year, how good can you actually say that class is? Now factor in the guys who don't transfer but leave early for the draft when they have no business doing so. Miami has constantly been patching roster holes with transfers and having to play younger guys who might not be ready to play because they have no other options. When people ask "how does Miami lose to less talented teams?" Simple. You've got a patched together team who has gone through multiple coaching/coordinator changes going up against a team full of guys who have been in the same system for 4 or 5 years. The other team isn't as athletically gifted but they're smarter, more mature and more disciplined. Now, that might not matter against a powerhouse like OSU or Alabama. they're just soo talented, they're going to overwhelm you no matter how disciplined you are. But a team like Miami, who has talent at some positions but big holes at others is going to struggle against a solid, disciplined team. Especially if that team doesn't turn the ball over or give up big plays.

Advertisement
Also I remember before the Clemson game people were talking about the 3 stars they have on their defense. They shut our offense down. Everyone knows their role whether they are 3 or 5 star. That's having a proper coaching system.
You literally typed this.

They did not shut our offense down because they coached up some 3 star players. They shut the offense down because they have more talented players on their defense than Miami does on offense.

You literally typed this.

They did not shut our offense down because they coached up some 3 star players. They shut the offense down because they have more talented players on their defense than Miami does on offense.
Yet Syracuse has diced them up multiple times over the past 4 years. When they had better personnel than they do now. So has NC St even in losses. I'm sure they have Bama level talent. Hire bums u get bum performances

Oh no that game should have been closer. Lashlees gameplan was dog sht. We had the players to do exactly what they did to us. Isolate our slow lbs on our much quicker and faster players at rb. No double te sets with Mallory and Jordan...u can’t double both of them and spy King like they were doing. And if you line them up tight to the formation the short edge they were blitzing off of is gone. His plan was to run hb dive into constant blitzes and throw jump balls to Pope, Harley and Wiggins 😂😂😂. Tell me that wasn’t what u saw as our offensive game plan.

TELL EM!

We act like Clemson hasn’t lost or played poorly against teams with way less talent. When the coaches come out with HORRIBLE game plans that give us ZERO shot to compete, we cope by saying “They just have better players” or “The always play hard against us”.

Also development isn’t about magically turning guys into NFL players who are not that caliber. It’s about creating a system in which the majority of your guys can succeed because you allow them to showcase the skills that you signed them for demonstrating.

When you take the wrong guys and set them up to fail playing against the skill sets they actually have, they lose confidence and play worse over time. We have led the nation at that for a long time.

But yeah, Atrain. We game planned to win running into stacked boxes and throwing bombs into the rain. You can’t make this **** up.

Advertisement
Yet Syracuse has diced them up multiple times over the past 4 years. When they had better personnel than they do now. So has NC St even in losses. I'm sure they have Bama level talent. Hire bums u get bum performances
Actually, the Syracuse games have been pretty low scoring so they haven’t “diced them up”. Using your logic, Dino Barbers is the second best coach in the conference because he’s managed to stay close with Clemson. Let’s just ignore the fact that he’s won like 4 games over the last two seasons and just got smoked by Liberty. Besides, you’re trying to use outliers to prove your point. Yes, a more talented team occasionally sleep walks or plays down to the opposing team’s talent but that’s not what happens most of the time. You pointed out two games. Allow me to point out every other Clemson game the last few years against lesser talented ACC teams. Most of the time, almost all of the time, it’s a blood bath.

Actually, the Syracuse games have been pretty low scoring so they haven’t “diced them up”. Using your logic, Dino Barbers is the second best coach in the conference because he’s managed to stay close with Clemson. Let’s just ignore the fact that he’s won like 4 games over the last two seasons and just got smoked by Liberty. Besides, you’re trying to use outliers to prove your point. Yes, a more talented team occasionally sleep walks or plays down to the opposing team’s talent but that’s not what happens most of the time. You pointed out two games. Allow me to point out every other Clemson game the last few years against lesser talented ACC teams. Most of the time, almost all of the time, it’s a

Actually, the Syracuse games have been pretty low scoring so they haven’t “diced them up”. Using your logic, Dino Barbers is the second best coach in the conference because he’s managed to stay close with Clemson. Let’s just ignore the fact that he’s won like 4 games over the last two seasons and just got smoked by Liberty. Besides, you’re trying to use outliers to prove your point. Yes, a more talented team occasionally sleep walks or plays down to the opposing team’s talent but that’s not what happens most of the time. You pointed out two games. Allow me to point out every other Clemson game the last few years against lesser talented ACC teams. Most of the time, almost all of the time, it’s a blood bath.
U wanna talk about using outliers. Let me give u some outliers. Us playing bama, us playing Clemson, us playing UGA. Another big outlier, us winning the coastal division. What's not an outlier losing to mediocre ACC teams that cant get the recruits we can. How about that?

U wanna talk about using outliers. Let me give u some outliers. Us playing bama, us playing Clemson, us playing UGA. Another big outlier, us winning the coastal division. What's not an outlier losing to mediocre ACC teams that cant get the recruits we can. How about that?
I’ve already explained how and why Miami has lost to lesser talented teams. “Player development “ isn’t one of the reasons but poor schemes and usage are.

I’m not going to bother explaining it to you because you’ve clearly picked the “stars don’t matter” hill to die on but just look up the numbers. The teams with the most talent almost always win. What team full of 3 star players any chance at all of winning a national championship? None.
When did you start watching football, have you ever heard of Virginia tech, they got their with the beamer adminstrstion, how about that oregon team, what did they have, what about Syracuse beating Clemson but also giving them tuff wins, how bout UNC last and Clemson beating them by 1 point, those recruiting sites know nothing, and just throw darts, how many examples do you want to keep ignoring from right in front of you, ed reed and santana moss, 2 star recruits, lol for starters! If any coach is relying on the evals of these nerd recruiting, that coach won't be around long.

Advertisement
Back