Crazy recruiting stats

Who says that?

Seriously.

Name one person that says that.
I have read here I know I have that we have the talent to keep it close which was complete BS.

People said we had the roster to keep it close which was a lie. Ok so assuming we "have the roster" that means we have the same type of talent to keep it close. Or am I reading between the lines wrong?

Someone break down "we have the talent to keep it close"

I have to know what that means

Advertisement
I can’t come up with a reason why anyone should feel good about having a roster full of kids who were overrated as HS juniors and declined in the ratings as seniors.

Good point but maybe that's not always the case. For example, maybe a QB put up eye popping numbers his junior year and got the 5 star, but his OL and WRs were all seniors that graduated. The OL blocking for him his senior year were horrendous and his senior numbers weren't as impressive (his WRs couldnt catch a cold and dropped everything). Through no fault of his own, his completion percentage nosedives. I could see a scenario where he gets dropped to a 4 star yet his talent is every bit as good.

Advertisement
Those teams get players because they are proven at developing talent. When we get top rated players they turn out to be bums. That's why they leave down here. We are more interested in Nepotism and friends on staff instead of going out and getting the baddest most qualified coaches and fire coaches who dont perform. Get proper coaches, prove u can develop the players you get and u get better talent. We get alot of good players, they stagnate after a good FR year and go pro as undrafted or 6th round picks.
Not this sht again.
It’s a umbers game not a development issue.
Everyone makes it seem like all those playoff team 5 stars are nfl draft picks and nothing can be further from the truth.
The 5 stars or blue chip 4 stars that don't make the league at osu and Bama we don’t hear about cause dudes like jeudy and Fitzpatrick and Chase Young get picked first round.
And news flash!! not every 5 star on those teams is a day one pick even if they do make the nfl.
But we get a few blue chippers here and there and every single one of them not only is to be a day one pick but has to also be pro bowler or a second contract player.

It’s amazing to me that we follow recruiting so closely here but nobody remembers that Bama has been number 1 or 2 in recruit rankings for like 10 years now. If they develop talent so much better than everyone else than why don’t they have like 10 first round picks every **** year?
Every year those schools recruit top 10 players at their positions. Every receiver lineman and dB is top ten in the nation. We give mike Rumph sht daily on here but the midget gets every elite skill player from haha dix to Ps2.

We get Howard and he has to be a **** hall of famer or we made him a bumb. People saying chad Thomas was a 4th rounder is our fault but Saban has put 5 stars in the 4 too.

Let me guess. Nesta at Bama would be a freshman all American right? pope would be a multiple Balitnikoff winner and would be taking snaps from jeudy if he was there right?

Give me 5 or 6 five stars and a bunch of ESPN 100 4 stars and even my sorry *** will make a few them a first rounder. Now multiply that times ten years and you have this magical nfl unicorn fart gas that they have at Bama that helps “develop” players.

Go look at those teams recruiting classes and you’ll see a bunch of elite H.S. players that never made the nfl. Never made the first round and never made a second contract.

This myth that Everyone says all over the country that this midget that buys entire families can make every player nfl caliber is the most blown out of proportion sht Ive ever seen.

They keep talking about Saban and Meyer and Dabo like they’re all King Midas

I have read here I know I have that we have the talent to keep it close which was complete BS.

People said we had the roster to keep it close which was a lie. Ok so assuming we "have the roster" that means we have the same type of talent to keep it close. Or am I reading between the lines wrong?

wut

Advertisement
We are not playing the same game. It’s these 3 and everybody else
Think we could throw UGA in there but obviously they haven't won **** we know that. It's because the other team that stops them is one of the three your alluding to.

Do you have some sort of bat signal you get that there's a thread you haven't **** on yet and you better get to your computer stat?

Advertisement
The more relevant datapoint is that those schools have brought in top QBs to go with top talent.
If I'm looking at indicators, I see bigger gaps in support staff and coordinator $. Those are the "quiet" attributes of a program that punches above its weight, wins the games it should, shows itself as a place for talent development, and ultimately wins more 5* recruiting battles. Of course, bigtime talent then begets more winning.

I believe the Pope was a *****. How's that working out for us so far?

Go Canes!!!!!!
I believe he was a 5 star on rivals only but he wasn't a composite 5 star which is what those numbers are based on. Link to 4 year composite rankings:

I haven't seen a study on this, but 20 years ago, teams didn't recruit as much nationally as they do now. 30 years ago, even less so. 40 years ago, 50, etc. Some exceptions were out there, Notre Dame was probably the biggest example of recruiting from everywhere.

The television and the internet has made the world much smaller. It allows a parent to watch their kid play anywhere. It also allows kids to watch most teams play every week versus just the regional teams and one big national game.

All of this helps in recruiting. Every kid now has a cell phone and is a call away on voice or video. High school games are on television or recordings are. Coaches don't even need to ask for tape to be sent, they can call a kid right after their game and talk to them about it.

Kids want to play for winners. That has always been the case. They see the same teams balling out each week and want to be a part of that. You used to have to check the Sunday paper to see how schools across the country did.

I'm not surprised by these numbers. It's interesting to see and makes total sense to me. Those schools win and produce in the draft. Going away isn't what it used to be at all.

Which is why Miami shouldn’t be allergic to recruiting nationally.

Advertisement
Mopey McDopey at it again. Flat out making **** up to mope.

Well look on the bright side... I ran the numbers and all we have to do to reach Clemson/Alabama talent levels is sign:

11 5-stars. AND
12 4-stars

In next year’s class.

Hey we can sign 25 kids in a class, so that even leaves room for two 3-star south florida dawgs that we can include.

How’s our 2021 class looking?

#Keepthehopealive

If I'm looking at indicators, I see bigger gaps in support staff and coordinator $. Those are the "quiet" attributes of a program that punches above its weight, wins the games it should, shows itself as a place for talent development, and ultimately wins more 5* recruiting battles. Of course, bigtime talent then begets more winning.

Talking about punching above your weight, there is also steroids.

I’m only half joking.

Clemson had like a dozen players test positive after the national title game one year, as I recall. Nothing ever happened to them. Alabama had a similar incident.

And then bags....don’t forget bags. Who can forget the tweets by Clemson players holding up thousands of dollars in cash or the alabama players posing next to their camaros?

When Miami was on top, we played that game. We all know that.

They have for a long time since Watkins and possibly before that.
Watkins was an anomaly. So was CJ Spiller. We also got the odd 5* in those days and overall out recruited Clemson until about 3-4 years ago. They've been recruiting at a high higher level since 2016 when they won the championship.
They were just getting more now and their qb evals been out of this world
What you're talking about is evaluation and development, not stacking 5*s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back