Crazy recruiting stats

Advertisement

It’s true that those rosters are more talented than their conference foes. But 5*s tend to be lagging indocators of recruiting. You have to evaluate well amd coach well to win and can recruit better and win bigger then you can get 5*s with some regularity. The solution isn’t need more 5*s. It’s need more winning to get them, and need coaching and evals to win more.

Naw, georgia is the consensus most talented team, According to the talent indicator!
They’re right on the doorstep of those top three programs in my opinion. There’s a big gap beteeen Georgia and whoever the #5 team is

Advertisement
They’re right on the doorstep of those top three programs in my opinion. There’s a big gap beteeen Georgia and whoever the #5 team is
IMO if you go off rankings (evals are a different topic), it’s Alabama and UGA ahead of everyone the past 4 years. But Dabo gets the important kids and has a great eval process for filling the roster, and holds onto the kids he gets.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. LSU

IMO if you go off rankings (evals are a different topic), it’s Alabama and UGA ahead of everyone the past 4 years. But Dabo gets the important kids and has a great eval process for filling the roster, and holds onto the kids he gets.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. LSU
True. Clemson is rolling out 5 star quarterbacks and UGA chases theirs off to Ohio State

Advertisement
Florida State used to have a monopoly on ACC five-stars. Now, they have the 22nd-ranked class in the country and Clemson is cleaning up. These things aren’t fixed.

If Miami plays to its potential, it will win enough to sign five-stars. And then those players take you to the next level.

Florida State used to have a monopoly on ACC five-stars. Now, they have the 22nd-ranked class in the country and Clemson is cleaning up. These things aren’t fixed.

If Miami plays to its potential, it will win enough to sign five-stars. And then those players take you to the next level.

If Phillips stays another year (he should for his own good); then with him and Pope it makes 2. Then we have 2 incoming: Williams and Taylor. We could add a third if offered (T2). That would make five on the rooster next year (could have had six, but we know Lingard would have been useless). That's getting very close to where you need to be.

If you want to put an even more positive spin and stretch the definition, you could include players that were 5 stars at one point then were dropped to 4 stars (I'm predicting Garcia is added with one of the final two ICs). If we have a great year in 2021, then maybe add 2-3 more five stars and we will be extremely competitive. The future is bright.

Those teams get players because they are proven at developing talent. When we get top rated players they turn out to be bums. That's why they leave down here. We are more interested in Nepotism and friends on staff instead of going out and getting the baddest most qualified coaches and fire coaches who dont perform. Get proper coaches, prove u can develop the players you get and u get better talent. We get alot of good players, they stagnate after a good FR year and go pro as undrafted or 6th round picks.

Advertisement
When people say the talent gap between Miami and Clemson isn’t that big...

Do we have a 5 star player on our current roster? Jaelan Phillips I believe is the only one
I believe the Pope was a *****. How's that working out for us so far?

Go Canes!!!!!!

Advertisement
I haven't seen a study on this, but 20 years ago, teams didn't recruit as much nationally as they do now. 30 years ago, even less so. 40 years ago, 50, etc. Some exceptions were out there, Notre Dame was probably the biggest example of recruiting from everywhere.

The television and the internet has made the world much smaller. It allows a parent to watch their kid play anywhere. It also allows kids to watch most teams play every week versus just the regional teams and one big national game.

All of this helps in recruiting. Every kid now has a cell phone and is a call away on voice or video. High school games are on television or recordings are. Coaches don't even need to ask for tape to be sent, they can call a kid right after their game and talk to them about it.

Kids want to play for winners. That has always been the case. They see the same teams balling out each week and want to be a part of that. You used to have to check the Sunday paper to see how schools across the country did.

I'm not surprised by these numbers. It's interesting to see and makes total sense to me. Those schools win and produce in the draft. Going away isn't what it used to be at all.

According to 247 rankings 2017 through 2020
Alabaga 16 ***** players
Clempson 13 ***** players
Gawga 19 ***** players
Ohio Taint 14 ***** players
LSU 8 ***** players

UFAG 1 ***** players....couple of transfers have been downgraded and therefore no longer worthy
FSPoo 4 ***** players....all four from 2017 class
Canes 1 ***** players...however that one is longer with Canes ~ Lingard. As for Phillips, he was downgraded to a four star when he arrived to Miami so for the purpose of this exercise Canes have ZERO.

Addtl traditional programs:
NShame 1 ***** players
'Homa 4 ***** players
TexMex 5 ***** players
USC(w) 6 ***** players

You have one set of top tier, about 4-6 teams...and reflective in the recruiting numbers and performance on the field.

Then you have everyone else....BIG GAP and BIG MONEY......

If Phillips stays another year (he should for his own good); then with him and Pope it makes 2. Then we have 2 incoming: Williams and Taylor. We could add a third if offered (T2). That would make five on the rooster next year (could have had six, but we know Lingard would have been useless). That's getting very close to where you need to be.

If you want to put an even more positive spin and stretch the definition, you could include players that were 5 stars at one point then were dropped to 4 stars (I'm predicting Garcia is added with one of the final two ICs). If we have a great year in 2021, then maybe add 2-3 more five stars and we will be extremely competitive. The future is bright.
I can’t come up with a reason why anyone should feel good about having a roster full of kids who were overrated as HS juniors and declined in the ratings as seniors.

Advertisement
Back