Crawford is gone; Granted release per mother

Out of all the negative things I can say about this staff, their pathetic recruiting of CBs might be the most damning evidence against them.

You can throw a rock in any direction and hit a D1 CB where Miami is located.

Advertisement
Elder >> Crawford. Crawford while he was solid still gave up a lot of big plays in the past and had many pass interference calls.

Advertisement
Elder has made a ton of plays with the ball in the air. He must have 5 times more picks than Crawford right?

Technically, last year he did.

Neither guy had a pick last year, so how did Corn have 5 times as many as Crawford?

What is 5*0?

I almost posted the same thing till I realized that it would make them equal at 0 not 5x more.

Properties of zero, my man.

remember the days when we were considered DB-U, where our freshmen were allowed to ride the pine for two years and develop, then come in and beast as Juniors and Seniors and the cycle continued?? yeah, long gone....how can we build depth here when every year we keep losing key folks at key positions?? Golden has done a poor job of developing players, here, and maintaining the depth quality here.

Great! Now these NJ ****heads are gonna waste a year of Jaquan due to need and play him at corner out of necessity!

So much for watching him be what he should become at Safety...

Antonio Crawford is our best CB though ... him and Elder
As much as Crawford has gotten called for PI/Holding, I can't agree. I would say that you could argue that he has the highest ceiling, though. He's got something that Burns doesn't--that tough mentality and swagger that you need to be a shutdown CB. Burns is more talented physically, but I don't know that he's aggressive enough (yet).

Elder is developing like I hoped Crawford would have. He's becoming a **** nice player who can make things happen when the ball goes in the air.

Elder has made a ton of plays with the ball in the air. He must have 5 times more picks than Crawford right?
I like you as a poster, but this bit of hyperbole is uncalled for. I didn't call Elder the next Deion Sanders or anything of the sort, or say that Elder was 5x as productive as Crawford or foolishness like that. Neither guy had a pick last season, so it's not like they're both world-beaters.

As far as stats, Crawford had 34 tackles and 4 PBU's, and Crawford had 19 tackles and 5 PBU's. And Elder is a full class younger than Crawford. At this point, I'd say Elder's a better talent at this stage of the game.

Also--Elder had 2 picks in practice yesterday, both on our hyped up "next Ken Dorsey" Kaaya. And yes--I realize that qualifies him for "Greentree AA" status, but it's worth noting. Elder also made some good plays in coverage as he got more burn down the stretch last year, and very few (if any) PI/Holding calls that Crawford got nailed on 90% of the time when he was in on a play.

Corn is a good player and so is Crawford. Guys have built Corn up too much on here, and now guys are tearing Crawford down because he decided to escape the feeble, incompetent clutches of El Foldo.

I'm not buying all this sudden "ball in the air" nonsense to discredit Crawford. Crawford is a **** good CB and has a lot of talent.
He is. My comments were that for all of his talent, he gets penalized A LOT. And by comparison, Elder looks to be further ahead in his development at this stage in his career, and showed some ability to make plays as time went on last season, and Crawford's PT dwindled as a result. And Elder is a younger player. I'm not crowning Elder as "da gawd" or anything, I'm just saying he looks to be developing better as a player. Period.

I'm not looking to discredit Crawford for leaving, I don't blame him for doing so. He is a better player than he showed in this garbage scheme. I wish him luck, but I'm not also going to sit here and act like we just lost Richard Sherman. Crawford had his shortcomings as a player, I just pointed that out.

I don't get how you got your knickers in a knot from me just stating some pretty obvious observations. I don't hate the kid, just relating what I saw. I'm anti-Chumley, but iI'm not gonna build up Sherman to be a bigger loss than he is. He's a big loss, but not like a massive front line starter and major contributor/team leader type of loss. If you want to build him up to **** on Chumley via hyperbole, go for it. Just make it funnier and less *****y.

Advertisement
Antonio Crawford is our best CB though ... him and Elder
As much as Crawford has gotten called for PI/Holding, I can't agree. I would say that you could argue that he has the highest ceiling, though. He's got something that Burns doesn't--that tough mentality and swagger that you need to be a shutdown CB. Burns is more talented physically, but I don't know that he's aggressive enough (yet).

Elder is developing like I hoped Crawford would have. He's becoming a **** nice player who can make things happen when the ball goes in the air.

I like you as a poster, but this bit of hyperbole is uncalled for. I didn't call Elder the next Deion Sanders or anything of the sort, or say that Elder was 5x as productive as Crawford or foolishness like that. Neither guy had a pick last season, so it's not like they're both world-beaters.

As far as stats, Crawford had 34 tackles and 4 PBU's, and Crawford had 19 tackles and 5 PBU's. And Elder is a full class younger than Crawford. At this point, I'd say Elder's a better talent at this stage of the game.

Also--Elder had 2 picks in practice yesterday, both on our hyped up "next Ken Dorsey" Kaaya. And yes--I realize that qualifies him for "Greentree AA" status, but it's worth noting. Elder also made some good plays in coverage as he got more burn down the stretch last year, and very few (if any) PI/Holding calls that Crawford got nailed on 90% of the time when he was in on a play.

Corn is a good player and so is Crawford. Guys have built Corn up too much on here, and now guys are tearing Crawford down because he decided to escape the feeble, incompetent clutches of El Foldo.

I'm not buying all this sudden "ball in the air" nonsense to discredit Crawford. Crawford is a **** good CB and has a lot of talent.

Truth!

Typical Golden Apologists.

I think we just let a cornerstone CB slip right through our fingers....is this coRching staph so ate up that they can't pull this young man in and get him back in the fold?

Advertisement
Looks like he has indeed left the team. I wish the young man well, i just wish he did not put everything on social media.

Bye Crawford.. Lol like I said dude is a average cornerback.. by by bye

I can't tell you how often I never seen him make a play on the ball.

Who did you see making the plays on the ball?

No one so like I said what are we missing?? I'll wait for you to tell me Cane Dynasty?

So all of our CB's are average? So losing one of our most experienced ones is a big ******* deal when we don't have very many. Least of all, we don't have very many with legit experience.

OK jw410?

Big deal you want golden fired don't you.. well losing crawford should help in your quest young man!

Bye Crawford.. Lol like I said dude is a average cornerback.. by by bye

I can't tell you how often I never seen him make a play on the ball.

Who did you see making the plays on the ball?

No one so like I said what are we missing?? I'll wait for you to tell me Cane Dynasty?

So all of our CB's are average? So losing one of our most experienced ones is a big ******* deal when we don't have very many. Least of all, we don't have very many with legit experience.

OK jw410?

Big deal you want golden fired don't you.. well losing crawford should help in your quest young man!

Fair enough pops.

I think we just let a cornerstone CB slip right through our fingers....is this coRching staph so ate up that they can't pull this young man in and get him back in the fold?

Golden doesn't want guys like Crawford around.He's ****ed at the staff,voicing his displeasure with the defense and staff to the rest of the team.Golden these days will put these fires out quickly.

Advertisement
I like him. He should have stayed committed to GT... I don't agree with antics however I don't think its a big deal. It's like we're in denial that the program has regressed since Al took over. He has had the most support and endorsement from our alumni and bot of any of our school HC's and he has done nothing. The guy was granted an extension, false claims of improving recruiting, local relations, player images, and work ethic was thrown out as reasons why he deserved an extension. However, in reality he did the opposite. And why should this kid remain quiet and be considered a quitter? Al tried to quit on him when he tried to leave for PSU. PSU were worse than us and he tried to jump ship to a program that was basically on the death penalty. Al didn't believe in this season from get go. He lost trust of a lot of these older players.

Yea...he was gonna go to osu who at the time was in a worse position than miami...( still is really). Mind u this after using the sanctions n chit as a an excuse. Golden is a ***** *****.

I like him. He should have stayed committed to GT... I don't agree with antics however I don't think its a big deal. It's like we're in denial that the program has regressed since Al took over. He has had the most support and endorsement from our alumni and bot of any of our school HC's and he has done nothing. The guy was granted an extension, false claims of improving recruiting, local relations, player images, and work ethic was thrown out as reasons why he deserved an extension. However, in reality he did the opposite. And why should this kid remain quiet and be considered a quitter? Al tried to quit on him when he tried to leave for PSU. PSU were worse than us and he tried to jump ship to a program that was basically on the death penalty. Al didn't believe in this season from get go. He lost trust of a lot of these older players.

This is how "cliques" form.

Wel be fine. We suck and wel continue to suck with or without him.

Poor Grolden can't even keep role players. Will this assist in his too-late demise? I'm starting to think that he may finish out his entire contract.

Advertisement
Back