2023 Cormani McClain CB Commits to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deion is deion. Has always been deion. He is a mercenary. To be honest I'm not sure how he is a head coach at the college level. I thought you had to have a four year degree to be a coach. If I'm not mistaken he doesn't. We should be concerned about winning games and making it to the acc title game and playoff. Everything else doesn't matter to be frank.

Advertisement
That’s a good group for sure

Darrell Green was the guy when I was a kid. Different era though obviously but the speed he had he could have played against anyone

20 year career for ***** sake

D Green often gets over looked, but yeah, he was a blanket for sure. I have him in my next 5 w, Charles Woodson, **** Night Train (my surrogate **** name, lol) , Revis, & Bailey.

Another guy I would like to add who gets very little love who was a complete CB in every sense of the position is Aeneas Williams.

Last edited:
single isn’t. A lock. The rest are good not an elite haul at a huge position of need
we have a top 5 cb haul in the country, singeltary isn't a lock you're correct which is why I said "potentially", with him it becomes top 3

you would think since you guys are complaining about our inefficiencies the last twenty years, you would realize that this is the best CB haul we've had in nearly that long, definitely the best OL haul in that time period

Deion is going to end up like the coach that never punts. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kelley_(American_football).

Deion's never had to out-coach somebody. He won't have more talent than anyone in the PAC-12 like he did at Jackson. Add in that he is playing Daddy football with his QB son. Colorado is setting up to be a dumpster fire. He is going to have Urban Meyer health issues by mid season.

No one knows any of it. They committed to Deion’s sales pitch.

Truth is no one gives a **** about HBCUs. Which is why whenever it appears that someone does it becomes news…

Which then turns out to be they really didn’t care as much as people hoped they did…

No one knows what Deion was up to for this year. Flipping the top, clearly elite CB in the class, is something Deion would look to do… and it would be news…

No one knows any of it except those involved. That is true.

However.....actions are very telling and you can piece things together to make educated guesses. No different than Hunter and Coleman's actions being very telling. If Cormani was committed to Deion, he would have signed on ESD. If he was all in on the guy at JSU, Colorado would have been just as beneficial to him, if not more, from an NIL or competition/S&C /visibility standpoint. There is no obvious benefit to waiting when he could be the talk of the ESD.

Advertisement
Deion is deion. Has always been deion. He is a mercenary. To be honest I'm not sure how he is a head coach at the college level. I thought you had to have a four year degree to be a coach. If I'm not mistaken he doesn't. We should be concerned about winning games and making it to the acc title game and playoff. Everything else doesn't matter to be frank.
He did indeed graduate with a bachelors business admin

People in this thread really trying to cope with "its not that big of a deal" to losing our sixth highest rated commitment of all-time to the UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO-BOULDER. It would be a big deal and embarrassing if it were to happen.

I hope it does not. This kind of **** is not supposed to happen anymore.

This guy is a stud.

D Green often gets over looked, but yeah, he was a blanket for sure. I have him in my next 5 w, Charles Woodson, **** Night Train (my surrogate **** name, lol) , Revis, & Bailey.

Another guy I would like to add who gets very little love who was a complete CB in every sense of the position is Aneas Williams.
I only leave Williams out of the conversation for what he did to Steve Young haha

I’ll never let that go

Advertisement
He did indeed graduate with a bachelors business admin
He did some "special" program at Talladega College in 2020 to get an Organizational Management degree.

Whatever. Good on him for actually getting a diploma but like everything with Grime- one can also kinda raise their eyebrows at it too.

People in this thread really trying to cope with "its not that big of a deal" to losing our sixth highest rated commitment of all-time to the UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO-BOULDER. It would be a big deal and embarrassing if it were to happen.

I hope it does not. This kind of **** is not supposed to happen anymore.

This guy is a stud.
Nobody is happy about it but it’s also not a QB that we’re losing, it’s a CB and this has been dragging out for almost a month already

Those with any common sense chalked it up as a loss the moment he didn’t sign

I only leave Williams out of the conversation for what he did to Steve Young haha

I’ll never let that go

Ended that man’s career. It was a clean hit, though. No helmet to helmet, but the force of that shoulder to chest whiplashed Steve & he hit hard. His final concussion.

Switching subjects, it may be sacrilege to say this, but it’s y despite all the SB TB12 have, I don’t have him as The GOAT. The luxuries that’s afforded QBs today vs. yesterday is almost vomit worthy. I think how great would Montana, Young, Aikman, Marino look in today’s NFL.

Last edited:
First of all my gut feeling is that this guy is gone. Which is irrelevant because I don’t know anything more than anybody else does.

But what blows my mind is that on apparent bad news like this, there are people in this thread, who are absolutely enthralled. You know who they are. They keep posting and posting like pigs wallowing in ****.

At the end of the day, it obviously would’ve been better to have Cormani than not, that doesn’t change the fact that for the type of horrible year we had, we signed an excellent class.

Keep increasing the talent base, get more useful players from the portal, have more top-five classes every year, that’s the only way forward. If Mario doesn’t work out, the talent base will at least be there. And the program is finally in full commitment mode.

I know some of you don’t like that, some of you want to constantly *****, and you’ll take every opportunity to do so, because you have serious psychological problems and aren’t really fans anyway, but overall we’re in a much better place than we were a year and a half ago.

Advertisement
5 star tackles want to play for Mario
5 star DBs will want to play for Deon

Hate to say it but evading the staff Friday is very telling of where he is at right now, maybe that can change but it’s not looking too good.

Ended that man’s career. It was a clean hit, though. No helmet to helmet, but the force of that shoulder to chest whiplashed Steve & he hit hard. His final concussion.

Switching subjects, it may be sacrilege to say this, but it’s y despite all the SB TB12 have, I don’t have him as The GOAT. The luxuries that afforded QBs today vs. yesterday is almost vomit worthy. I think how great would Montana, Young, Aikman, Marino look in today’s NFL.
It definitely was a clean hit, and a **** good one

Young was my guy. Montana gets the glory, and he should, but Young had a few seasons that were just incredible. He wasn’t Randall Cunningham running but he was a ******* beast for a QB running the ball

I’m an old school guy “these kids are soft” but yeah it’s tough to compare eras because it’s so much different. Sad to see these dudes that fall apart later in life from CTE

He did some "special" program at Talladega College in 2020 to get an Organizational Management degree.

Whatever. Good on him for actually getting a diploma but like everything with Grime- one can also kinda raise their eyebrows at it too.
It’s funny because he only got his degree because Jackson State is the only reason he finished school. That’s a convo for another day…

Advertisement
John “I Only Negotiate Once” Ruiz

Just kidding that dude got us a top 7 class this year and hs our basketball team looking great.

Disappointed if we lose him he would’ve been a good player but I’m past caring about this kid to be honest. Seems like he and Deion will get along great with their mutual need for attention and corny attention seeking behavior

one note for other fans on the site: it’s ok for people to be frustrated that our top recruit looks like he flipped and our historic #3 class plummets to #7. We still landed an amazing class. We can also be disappointed about the loss.

Obviously fans will go to a hurricane forum to share their thoughts and opinions about the latest hurricane news when good or bad things happen. Quit trying to silence them
Think Ruiz means I only negotiate once as in once agreed upon and singed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back