Corey Gaynor

Advertisement
Where was he gunna go?

These kids and Manny with the whole #runitback gimmick bull****

forget run it back, how about #show up against any team with a pulse
Exactly and watch after the first two games and see how we look. I'm done crowning this off season manure stuff. He is who I think he is and that's not good enough to beat Mack brown

Advertisement
Yep. Film was him ragdolling weak comp with clear holding fouls that weren't called. Top-heavy kid with poor flexibility and agility. Just upright bearhugging dudes and throwing them around. Said it at the time when he was being recruited.

He should not be given the starting job without an open competition.
@skyman, think you got me wrong. I've pushed back on Gaynor hype from jump. There's evidence of those arguments spread across old threads. He is what he is. Still glad we're bringing anyone back with experience and they'll compete and contribute in whatever way.

Advertisement
@skyman, think you got me wrong. I've pushed back on Gaynor hype from jump. There's evidence of those arguments spread across old threads. He is what he is. Still glad we're bringing anyone back with experience and they'll compete and contribute in whatever way.
The problem seems that the coaches tend to lean on experienced guys (especially at center) even if they have a more talented option who just need experience. They will go with that choice until its painfully obvious like the whole rousseau situation, these guys seem clueless at times.. They get paid for this, like what do they see at practice/film. If some of these guys were not here, they would have no choice but to prepare the younger guys with limited practice time that they have, what can Gaynor in year 5 and guys like McCloud in year 6 do but just hold up development of younger guys? We have like 10+ LB with only 2 spots, guys like Jennings, McCloud, just clog up reps.. We wont be getting better with Gaynor..

I’m not going to mope about him returning.

I do hope that someone steps up to unseat him despite his seniority. He just doesn’t have the physical tools to take his play to the next level.

I’d like to see Zion and Williams at tackle, Donaldson and Rivers step up at guard then have open competition with Clark, Scaife, Gaynor, etc for center.

More size in the middle is necessary to take the next step.

He was playing utter scrubs in high school. Most of the ppl from the Broward area on the board stated that. That north broward Parkland, Coral Springs, area he is from is the worst in the county

He destroyed Dillard with four P5 DL.

Gaynor was bad to finish the year. I’m one of the guys that’s been driving the bandwagon since he was an unknown three star. He’s better than his ranking but not nearly as good as I’d hoped. Too many athletic/flexibility limitations.

With that said, he’s started 25 games and has been one of the better performers on a bad line. Him and Zion were our best two run blockers this year. He should have a better season this year. Scaife has more upside I’d have no problem giving him reps there in spring. But plenty of good college football teams have players like Gaynor.

Advertisement
I’m not going to mope about him returning.

I do hope that someone steps up to unseat him despite his seniority. He just doesn’t have the physical tools to take his play to the next level.

I’d like to see Zion and Williams at tackle, Donaldson and Rivers step up at guard then have open competition with Clark, Scaife, Gaynor, etc for center.

More size in the middle is necessary to take the next step.
Agreed. Not going to kill Cory for coming back. What I do wish and hope is that we see improvement across all 5 spots on the OL. With Zion and Jarrid (now back) we seriously need to solidify the interior of the OL. If we can get Donaldson playing close to his All-American frosh year and Walker at the G positions it’s imperative that Justice find the right C who will give the proper line calls and be physical at the point of contact. If that miraculously is Gaynor it won’t kill me to say nice job to him.

Gaynor was bad to finish the year. I’m one of the guys that’s been driving the bandwagon since he was an unknown three star. He’s better than his ranking but not nearly as good as I’d hoped. Too many athletic/flexibility limitations.

With that said, he’s started 25 games and has been one of the better performers on a bad line. Him and Zion were our best two run blockers this year. He should have a better season this year. Scaife has more upside I’d have no problem giving him reps there in spring. But plenty of good college football teams have players like Gaynor.
He's a solid lineman nothing more , nothing less. I dont really have problem with him. His strength is a bit of an issue and he cant reallyr each guys at the 2nd level consistently.

He is playing to his star level imo. He likely starts again all year for us at center so its a solid steady force. He will be baptized in the first game im fully expecting it.

Advertisement
With the bonus year of eligibility and all of these upperclassmen returning, we finally have the luxury of allowing the freshmen time to develop.

LT Nelson SO, Campbell SO
LG Donaldson SR, Traore SO
C Gaynor JR Clark SO
RG Scaife JR, Reed SO
RT Williams SR, Hillery JR

Scout team: Rivers FR, Walker FR Washington FR, Seymore FR, McLaughlin FR, Elgammal FR, Rodriguez FR

D you have mostly good insight but sometimes you get blinded by the goggles. Gaynor had moments where he wasn't trash but the overwhelming majority of the time he got blown of the ball. He rarely got any push up front which was compounded by the fact that both our guards were weak. Sometimes you have to just say I hoped for better and put the period. Jarrid Williams was second Gaynor may have been 3rd but that is only because Scaife and Clark were atrocious. That's like saying Pope was our 2nd best WR last year. Its probably true but it masks the real problem which is the gap between our first and second. #ialreadygot2strikesimsorry.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back