Corey Gaynor

Advertisement
This fan base too often trashes the guys who play (but don't meet expectations), but doesn't often enough wonder why there aren't guys playing ahead of them if they're so bad.

OL has been a hot mess for years. No depth, guys playing before they're ready, weak inside, not good tackles, just ... not what we need.

Gaynor's been in there mixing it up since he got here, which is more or less what was expected. His ceiling ain't seem to be what most hoped. But the problem on our OL hasn't been Gaynor. It's been where's everyone else. Zion Nelson had to start at LT as a true frosh 2* kid. The fault likes elsewhere.

We are not close to where we need to be on OL, and we're not recruiting it hard enough at all. Someone had a thread on this site a couple months ago claiming our OTs with the incoming class matched anyone other than Alabama and maybe Ohio State.

I'm glad Gaynor is coming back and if he's depth, that's a good thing because other guys stepped up, and if he starts, then I guess we should all be glad he's on the roster.

Advertisement
Why are y’all complaining about him being from Coral Springs now? I’m from Coral Springs and I told y’all YEARS AGO when we first recruited him that the comp sucks and most dudes with legit talent here play for STA because they have a connect with the Coral Springs Chargers youth league.

Advertisement
Where was he gunna go?

These kids and Manny with the whole #runitback gimmick bull****

forget run it back, how about #show up against any team with a pulse
Just what manny’s a gimmicky coach, all talk but can’t back up nothing!! Retaining fake baker is where he lost my support.

Advertisement
There should be open competition at all 5 spots but when you have the option of fielding a veteran, experienced OL unit with a million combined starts it's hard to envision another scenario.

LT Nelson: entering 3rd year, 20 starts
LG Donaldson: entering 5th year, 34 starts
C Gaynor: entering 5th year, 25 starts
RG Scaife: entering 4th year, 31 starts
RT Williams: entering 7th year, 25 starts

Advertisement
For the non draft grade underclassmen "run it back" could also mean they are going to stick it out here and not portal. The whole thing seems a little silly to me but at the same time, I cant understand people getting bent out of shape over it.

And unless they have a bad attitude, you always want experienced starters coming back on your roster. Always. Now, creating open competition so they best players get on the field regardless of age... thats a different conversation. But you never turn away experienced players wanting to come back, thats just silly.

Advertisement
Back