Corey Flagg

Advertisement
I don’t see how anyone who watched him play tonight can say he’s too slow and dumb **** like he’s going to be Shayon Green here smh.

If you don’t think he has the potential to be a big time college MLB then I just don’t know what to tell you. MFs are way too obsessed with 40 times.

Last edited:
He looked good tonight. There’s something to be said about a kid who leads a defense and is that productive in big time football in Texas. Guys that are productive and all around football players, IMO, are less likely to bust at the next level than guys who are all potential bc of their athleticism.

Sigh, I strictly have stated it’s been based on his film. Yes, speed is the name of the game, the game speeds up everytime you move to the next level. Willie Williams couldn’t stay out of trouble, don’t see how his name is relevant. We have witnessed the dark ages of Miami football since 2004 and this happens time and time again, it started with the likes of Cook, and so on and on. Once again, I want to be wrong about Flagg, I want him to be a beast, because I’m concerned about our recruiting at the position since that 2016 class.

Using Ray Lewis III as a comp to Flagg, who is playing against some of the best competition in the country makes zero sense, no offense.

The truth is you only seem to look at star rating, that's it. You're not seeing past it, even if he's right there on your TV.

I remember you were high on McCluster, who runs a 5.1 40. So this "speed is the name of the game" stuff is just pretty amusing

Advertisement
People only hating on this kid cause he’s OOS, if he was a local kid with his production & same film would be praising the kid non stop. I can see it now “look at the numbers he put up in South Florida” he’s slept on, what’s wrong with the recruiting services. Talking like Texas football is some slouch, doesn’t he play in the highest classification as well lol

6A Division 1 in Metro Houston

The name of the game here is speed. Flagg appears to have a knack for being a hard hitter, has very good instincts, and is tasked with being the leader of the defense. This along with ability to play in space and not just be a down hill player, and playing in coverage would be things I look for. Flagg checks a bunch of those boxes because he is a great, not good HS player, the problem though is that he looks slow on film and there is concern whether or not that will allow him to translate his game to the next level. Once again, I hope Im wrong but we have seen this story before. Ray Lewis III put up big numbers at his little school but it didnt translate. Dallas Crawford had how many INTs his junior and senior year but he wasn't rangy enough to play safety here. Kevin Nelson talked like he was gonna be an all time great and had great stats in HS, well he wasn't very good despite that. The first guy I mentioned broke records in Dade county, the Mecca of HS football but ultimately was a complete JAG when he got to Miami.

Bruh just stop

6A Division 1 in Metro Houston
Back in the '80's Houston was identified in a very good article as one of the top half-dozen areas in the country for football talent. Of course, along with South Florida. That was thirty years ago but I doubt it's changed much.

Advertisement
Back in the '80's Houston was identified in a very good article as one of the top half-dozen areas in the country for football talent. Of course, along with South Florida. That was thirty years ago but I doubt it's changed much.

1. South Florida
2. Metro Atlanta
3. Metro Houston
4. LA & Orange Counties
5. DMV

Top 5 Metro areas in my opinion

Using Ray Lewis III as a comp to Flagg, who is playing against some of the best competition in the country makes zero sense, no offense.

The truth is you only seem to look at star rating, that's it. You're not seeing past it, even if he's right there on your TV.

I remember you were high on McCluster, who runs a 5.1 40. So this "speed is the name of the game" stuff is just pretty amusing

Yep and as I said the poster looked as his jr film. For those that saw him last night as a SR! He looks fast and bigger. I expect him to continue to get bigger and FASTER when he gets to our SC.

Advertisement
Yep and as I said the poster looked as his jr film. For those that saw him last night as a SR! He looks fast and bigger. I expect him to continue to get bigger and FASTER when he gets to our SC.
he has stated he knows he needs to work on speed. kid might have a chip on his shoulder because local schools havent been on top of him.

I went to high school when Jones was there thought he got beat out for the record by some other kid been years so memory could be wrong I will tell you this when I found out he was coming here I knew he wouldn’t live up to his star rating he was babied by the couching staff at south dade couldn’t even hit him in practice to much because he would break always walked around with some kind of injury unless it was his way of not to practice 🤷‍♂️ But who knows He did have a bad thick redbone girlfriend back then so I don’t blame him for not wanting to be in practice or class 😂
If I recall Charlie also tore up his knee at the beginning of his Senior year (I was a freshman at South Dade then), he wasn't the same after that.

Also, I remember when that kid beat him for the record (can't remember his name either), but I think they gave him like 45 carries against Krop (I think) just so he could have the record, ran for like 300 yards lol

Advertisement
He played well yesterday. Even if he’s a step slow he can still improve on that and if not he’ll be a quality backup. Anyways it sounds like Sam Brooks is gonna be a monster so ZFG

Advertisement
Back