Corey Flagg has gone from a liability to a relative strength

Advertisement
You dont get it.. You cant win with a team full of jags, either you are happy we will never win anything with a caliber of players like flagg.. Dude is small and slow.. NO TEAM starts their meetings about how #11 is a guy to pay attention to other than as a weakness to exploit.. We have too many players like this, how can we get better depending on guys of this caliber?! If he plays next year, more blowouts.. We have to recruit over scrubs
Sure you can. Look at Duke or TCU. But you **** sure can’t win when your most talented players are making game changing mistakes..I want say any names or numbers..but some coming to the year were top 10 draft projections..former dade/broward county 4stars and 5 stars..they LITERALLY made mistakes that lost multiple games this year…11, from a singular standpoint, has not been apart of that group. It’s a teamsport, so he owns that 5-5 too. But give me 10 other Flagg type jags at other spots and those critical mental mistakes don’t happen..imo

Advertisement
Don't understand why we jump all over these kids. They are who they are. We all knew from the beginning he wasn't going to be a superstar but the coaches offered him. He took the opportunity being offered from the University of Miami and ran with it. I don't blame him for that and i will never call out these kids. If someone offered me to play at Miami, I would accept it and I would suck, The one to blame is the one who offered him. A lot of these kids goes to work everyday to try and get better and he has. Problem is he still has limitations that unfortunately god didn't give him. We need to stop calling these kids trash and call it how it really is and that is coaches recruiting at a trash level. Thanks for working hard Flagg and getting better. We all see it!!!

You dont get it.. You cant win with a team full of jags, either you are happy we will never win anything with a caliber of players like flagg.. Dude is small and slow.. NO TEAM starts their meetings about how #11 is a guy to pay attention to other than as a weakness to exploit.. We have too many players like this, how can we get better depending on guys of this caliber?! If he plays next year, more blowouts.. We have to recruit over scrubs

I do get it. In a championship team, even a conference leading team, he wouldn't be starting. But on this team he's our best LB right now, and Flagg has earned his place. You have to play the cards you were dealt, not the ones you wish you had. And he wouldn't be the first card I'd discard, either, not even close. I'm not saying he's Vilma. I'm saying he's an asset now, no longer a liability.

Advertisement
This team is better with Flagg on it than without him, not sure why he gets so much negative reaction by some. He is no longer a lability, he makes some plays and does what he is supposed when used properly plus he helps the other players around him get in better position.

Should we have better athleticism and size at the position? For sure but thats the case at a lot of positions and doesn't mean he cant help this team. I saw the bigger, more athletic #40 miss a guy right in the hole that gave up an important first down and get burned multiple times for even more first downs in pass coverage. Particularly on underneath routes where he was getting beaten like a drum. If he was wearing #11 there would be 10 pages of people complaining about it.

I hate to pile on the kid. He has made a few plays …. But if you look at a lot of big plays we’ve allowed, sans the MTSU bombs, you can usually point to him being out of position, hitting the wrong lane, or whiffing. Unfortunately, he has to be out there based on what we have.

Flagg and strength should never be used in conjunction. ***** stats! Kid is a liability. TG we got 4 real LB coming. Highly disappointed with Chase Smith, thought he would be a big and fast factor.

Advertisement
Shame GIF

Advertisement
Don't understand why we jump all over these kids. They are who they are. We all knew from the beginning he wasn't going to be a superstar but the coaches offered him. He took the opportunity being offered from the University of Miami and ran with it. I don't blame him for that and i will never call out these kids. If someone offered me to play at Miami, I would accept it and I would suck, The one to blame is the one who offered him. A lot of these kids goes to work everyday to try and get better and he has. Problem is he still has limitations that unfortunately god didn't give him. We need to stop calling these kids trash and call it how it really is and that is coaches recruiting at a trash level. Thanks for working hard Flagg and getting better. We all see it!!!
The problem is and lets just all be men about this..many posters on here just want him to do the "honorable" thing..walk into Mario's office at seasons end..and just tell Mario he knows hes not good enough to play here and he will put him out of his misery and transfer to Prarie View A&M where most of you on here think he needs to be anyway. Smh. Thats the only way these posters who bring him up every week want this to end. Or this will be a weekly topic for them. Its pathetic at this point how people kill this kid.

Advertisement
Back