Corey Flagg has gone from a liability to a relative strength

Lol at lining people up every play…

We’re going to game 11 this weekend if he’s still lining them up then that’s a problem… if anything he knows where he needs to be but he is not athletic enough at times to be there…. Plus it’s obvious that OCs are trying to create matchups with him. Dude should have a been a quality back up/STs ace but instead he’s a 3 down linebacker
Corny. And you tried to talk that “Houston Texas” brother talk to me and see why you got the response you did. Idk where you from i know Corey from the heart and we support our own.. I’m not attacking you just keeping it real.

Advertisement
Once opinions are formed people see what they want to see. Not saying Flagg is an all star but #40 is even more of a liability on the field if we are being honest. The play I highlighted went for over 20 and he was not just sitting in a zone. The VERY NEXT play he gave another 1st down to the rb in man coverage. But yes, he did have the speed to track down and eventually make the tackle.

I am little embarrassed for getting dragged into this rabbit hole. If the guys are working hard, being good teammates and doing the right things off the field I support them 100%. No need to call anyone out who is giving it all they have.

Johnson and Keontra Smith arent better LBS than FLagg.

But ppl choose to focus on him.

How does everyone feel about James Williams? Could we run Avantae/Kam in the two deep and put Williams in a hybrid/box role?

I'm not a football head, just wondering if JW would be a better option than Flagg.

How does everyone feel about James Williams? Could we run Avantae/Kam in the two deep and put Williams in a hybrid/box role?

I'm not a football head, just wondering if JW would be a better option than Flagg.
James needs to learn how to tackle first and cut down the mental mistakes. I'll be honest I could see Avante hitting the portal after this year.

Advertisement
Sure you can. Look at Duke or TCU. But you **** sure can’t win when your most talented players are making game changing mistakes..I want say any names or numbers..but some coming to the year were top 10 draft projections..former dade/broward county 4stars and 5 stars..they LITERALLY made mistakes that lost multiple games this year…11, from a singular standpoint, has not been apart of that group. It’s a teamsport, so he owns that 5-5 too. But give me 10 other Flagg type jags at other spots and those critical mental mistakes don’t happen..imo
We get 10 other Flaggs and our defense will be the worst in history.

James needs to learn how to tackle first and cut down the mental mistakes. I'll be honest I could see Avante hitting the portal after this year.
James aint a LB full time...but he imo is good enough to bring in the box on 3rd down n long situations allowing Avantae and Kam to be ont he field together in the back end...WHether he is in the box to spy...or blitz i would do it.

Honestly Manny's defense probably would use JW better than what we saw this year...

Advertisement
Who do you think is getting 31 and the other young cats in position every play? It doesn’t matter if it’s week 11. Every week you face new sets, new packages installed, new personnel, and calls change. You need someone in the middle who can communicate everything.

Steele himself has called Flagg the quarterback of the defense. Again, people who actually played/coached the game know how invaluable that is. There is a reason, even with his physical limitations which are very obvious, that he doesn’t come off the field. He’s an asset to THIS team. Would it be great if there were guys around him who could protect/shield his weaknesses…yes.

He’s probably going to be an All ACC guy this year and this board is going to lose their mind when it happens
So was Glenn Cook, we need LBs who gain line up the defense make plays

Advertisement
Back