Cook & the mystery of who got the last visit...

Thats what I 'm saying Petey, I will take a JC jackson all day to this class and be pretty darn happy because he is an elite level guy. I Personally really want more DT's. But thats just me....

Advertisement
Just so y'all don't get your hopes all up and arms and what not

Two Quotes to pay very close attention to:

"His decision doesn't affect me at all," Phillips said. "Everybody says that I'm his backpack, like wherever he goes, I go. But I never know what's going to get thrown my way in 2015, my senior year. Right now, I want to be on the same field as him and everything, so if I get a better deal than him, I'm just going to take what I get."

This is from the 247 gator board, it's from a interview with Da'Vante Phillips today. Notice he says he's looking for a "Better deal" seems odd. $EC

“I told Joe we’ve got to do what we’ve got to do at the end of the day. We have to go make our situation better for our family at the end of the day."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/14/3818741_mission-accomplished-for-running.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Cook is the type of kid that can't say no to anyone.

I would not be surprised if he is committed to Miami, UF and FSU right now.

Remember, Stacey Coley was LOCKED to FSU for months. It's hard to leave home for these kids. This will go on for weeks after his "announcement".

This dude is ON POINT. You guys who believe the gurus are retarded. Pete's a good dude and a really good young writer, but I don't care what his opinion is on Cook. And I don't care what anyone else's opinion is either because all they're doing is giving educated guesses.

Cook could be telling everyone one thing and then do something completely different. Even on signing day corches get fcked by recruits who assure them that they'll be signing their papers and then wind up signing elsewhere. Happens every fcking year. So to buy as gospel some internet scuttlebutt from some dudes who really have no clue is a sucker's game.

Even our own Al Goldens got got last year on signing day. He had a couple guys who he was sure were going to sign with us then went elsewhere. If they're not even telling HCs the truth what makes you guys think they're telling some guy who writes blogs and calls them for interviews the truth? Nonsense. Don't be a sucker. This one will go on till the papers are signed.

Advertisement
The quicker We all accept that Cook and Dixon aren't coming the better

We gotta move on

I don't think it's time to move on just yet, people just need to be level headed and realize we are trailing right now and if they committ elsewhere we don't need to collapse into bolivian.

So if some dope guesses that your wife is fcking some other dude because she was wearing red nail polish instead of gold does that mean you shouldn't get mad when you come home early one day and actually see another **** wedged in her windpipe?

You level-headed dudes should stop telling us how to react. If we lose Cook it'll be a monster letdown, and UM fans should be raging. Not only would you lose one of the best RBs in the country, but you're losing him to your top rival that's kicking your *** in every facet of the game six ways to Sunday. Not good. Get mad. It's OK.

We just have to top their offer. We must have a booster somewhere that won't go ratting to the NCAA. That's what this kid needs. He wants UM but we don't pay like the Noles. It's really that simple. **** doing things the right way----that only gets you losses. FSU got tired of losing, bought a bunch of recruits and now will win a title.

Why visit with him again at the last moment if they felt confident or if they felt like they were the team he was picking? Maybe they convinced him to give them one last chance?

Just thinking out loud.

Everyone keeps asking this, its called closing, you dont stop closing til the deal is signed

Advertisement

We gotta move on

I don't think it's time to move on just yet, people just need to be level headed and realize we are trailing right now and if they committ elsewhere we don't need to collapse into bolivian.

So if some dope guesses that your wife is fcking some other dude because she was wearing red nail polish instead of gold does that mean you shouldn't get mad when you come home early one day and actually see another **** wedged in her windpipe?

You level-headed dudes should stop telling us how to react. If we lose Cook it'll be a monster letdown, and UM fans should be raging. Not only would you lose one of the best RBs in the country, but you're losing him to your top rival that's kicking your *** in every facet of the game six ways to Sunday. Not good. Get mad. It's OK.

No. Cook is a great back don't get me wrong, but we already have two other elite guys in Brandon Powell and Joseph Yearby. Not to mention Gus and Crawford will step up again this year. Cook would be a huge get but it's not a big of a letdown as losing something we desperately need more of.

Cook is the type of kid that can't say no to anyone.

I would not be surprised if he is committed to Miami, UF and FSU right now.

Remember, Stacey Coley was LOCKED to FSU for months. It's hard to leave home for these kids. This will go on for weeks after his "announcement".

This dude is ON POINT. You guys who believe the gurus are retarded. Pete's a good dude and a really good young writer, but I don't care what his opinion is on Cook. And I don't care what anyone else's opinion is either because all they're doing is giving educated guesses.

Cook could be telling everyone one thing and then do something completely different. Even on signing day corches get fcked by recruits who assure them that they'll be signing their papers and then wind up signing elsewhere. Happens every fcking year. So to buy as gospel some internet scuttlebutt from some dudes who really have no clue is a sucker's game.

Even our own Al Goldens got got last year on signing day. He had a couple guys who he was sure were going to sign with us then went elsewhere. If they're not even telling HCs the truth what makes you guys think they're telling some guy who writes blogs and calls them for interviews the truth? Nonsense. Don't be a sucker. This one will go on till the papers are signed.
I agree with both of you but keep in mind that Cook is an EE so whatever hat he puts on at the UA game on Jan 2nd IS the team he's going to play for. So I think you guys are missing the urgency of this right now. He says he's shutting down recruitment and UA game isn't all too far away.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reading through this thread, a bunch of people need to get laid more often. Real deal...

We gotta move on

No. Cook is a great back don't get me wrong, but we already have two other elite guys in Brandon Powell and Joseph Yearby. Not to mention Gus and Crawford will step up again this year. Cook would be a huge get but it's not a big of a letdown as losing something we desperately need more of.

I love Yearby, but the dude's 185 pounds soaking wet, and he's in a fcking wheelchair like Ironsides. Powell's another great recruit and a great kid, but he's also 180 pounds. Neither of those two guys is ready for the pounding at this level. We need a buck, bub. Cook's a buck. We can't keep trying to rely solely on jitterbugs at the RB position.

There are two bucks down here, and everyone thinks they're both going somewhere else. That ain't good enough. Get mad. It's OK.

Advertisement
Reading through this thread, a bunch of people need to get laid more often. Real deal...

Says the guy with 22k posts.
261.gif

anyone still using the NCAA situation as a reason for us not landing a kid right now. Stop using that as an excuse. The ruling came down 2 months ago. There is no more issues with this. It's black and white - were we going to lose more bowls and get hammered with crippling losses? No. The kids have the answers, their parents have the answers. We've had 2 months to explain it to them. Using that as an excuse now makes no sense.

You can't erase 3 years of negative recruiting in two months.. Tons of kids had already trimmed their list down to a Final 3-5 (or had committed) before the ruling came out. Of course it isn't the main factor with a kid like Cook.. Fact is FSU is a better program right now.. but don't think we haven't been playing catch up with all these blue chip guys bc of it. It's not an excuse, it's the truth.. Trying to label it anything different is just flat out ignorant.

Advertisement
Back