Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Some pages back I was asked and I said “ unless Miami is in his contact I don’t see it happening. I know his wife wants to come back home but that’s probably the one reason I think it could. Even of the odds aren’t great.
Wife’s pull a lot of weight and happy wife is a happy life. So I say there is a good chance it could happen right after manny and Blake are given their walking papers for the scam they both conspired in to further Fvck over this university. God willing Manny will leave manure on the bed like he did the last two seasons and post a 7-5/7-6 because we all know he can’t win a bowl game and the guillotine will come Down on him and Blake at the end of the year. Good riddance!

Advertisement
If Manny has a 9-3 regular season he’s gonna get a year tacked on to his deal.

It’s the nature of the beast in college football.
Luckily for us we all know he isn’t Capable of only losing two more games so that means the sooner we’re rid of his corching lispy ***.

They forget Alabama started this arms race while winning championships… they had no risk.

You are 100% correct. Spending in CFB rises in direct proportion to revenue, and the benchmark for competitive investments is always established by the highest revenue earners. Thats why this program will always be in a never-ending cycle of trying to play catch up.

In my opinion, you are not only one of the most rational & logical posters in this thread, but on this forum. It appears to me that you are an alum who cares deeply about your school. Over the yrs I am sure you have invested countless dollars, time, effort & energy into this university & program. If someone like you can learn to transform your thinking, and temper your expectations for this program, why can't the rest of these mongoloids who haven't even invested an ounce of what you have, do the same? If they can answer that, I'll self-ban myself tonight.

The whole "stop buying season tickets and stop donating" is an admirable cause (and even one that can logically embrace), but allow me to explain why that doesn't impact Beta Blake.

First, Beta Blake doesn't care, he's not a UM alum, he went to schools that have no real athletic programs, and the level to which that whole "I went to an SEC school, and I passionately hate all the other SEC schools, and I want to beat the other SEC schools in every competition including chess and Quidditch" mentality has been bred into Beta Blake from a young age...simply does not exist.

More importantly, Beta Blake's "job performance metrics" are nearly impervious to any well-meaning boycott effort. Look at Beta Blake's resume, for instance. He has spent 3 stints at Miami doing jobs like selling tickets and handling large donors. I have tried to explain this before, but Beta Blake has spent nearly 20 years at UM not just kissing rectums, but kissing the right rectums. In the early 2010s, when Miami was performing terribly on the field, Beta Blake could brag about year-over-year increases in Hurricane Club revenue. Not because he was increasing the number of small donors, but because he was squeezing more money out of a handful of large donors. I've tried to explain before how many tickets the Golden Canes and other large donors get, but people get dismissive and act like this is some sort of class warfare argument. It is not. It is simply how Beta Blake has built his castle to withstand the complaints of those of us who love football, but don't write six-figure donations to UM on an annual basis.

And while Beta Blake has been assisted in his strategery by some external forces (changes in IRS regulations and renovations of Hard Rock which have focused on building premium seating areas), Beta Blake has capitalized on all of these changes to create a situation where "stop buying season tickets and stop donating" do not work any longer. The old Orange Bowl had about a 2-to-1 ratio of lower bowl to upper bowl seating, with almost no suites or amenities (outside of limited parking/tailgating). When we moved, the ratio was about 1-to-2 of lower bowl to upper bowl, plus suites, etc., and Blake has really gone out of his way to kowtow to the big donors. Additionally, we used to have about 8 or 10 Hurricane Club donor levels, with well-defined prioritization of benefits and annual tracking of your Hurricane Club points, and now there are almost no distinctions outside of contributing $100 (although we all know that the Golden Canes still exist). So Blake has spent a decade building up his list of a couple of thousand loyal donors who make up 75 to 80 percent of Hurricane Club contributions (and an even greater percentage of the capital campaign donations).

Bottom line, Beta Blake knows what side of his bread is buttered, and he doesn't care about the un-buttered side. I just heard from a guy who attended an event in Atlanta on Friday with about 70 to 90 alums. When he was asked what those alums thought about Beta Blake, he said that they seemed to like Blake, and I don't doubt it. Blake makes sure that a couple thousand big-donor UM types get the best seats, the best hotels, the best meals, the best events, and the best treatment, and he hits 80% of his Hurricane Club donation budget every year regardless of whether the rank-and-file UM alums and fans want to fly banners or rent billboard trucks or threaten to withhold contributions and ticket renewals.

As for the BOT, I've been saying this for years, it's just too **** big. The BOT is nearly 100 dilettante members who have successfully raised a ton of money for UM, and generally care about UM, but know next to nothing about college athletics. There's no way that 100 people like that are going to know what to do about UM Athletics, or even 51 of them. We need a smaller, autonomous sub-group that is empowered to run things and only report back to the entire BOT in issues of hiring/firing (and/or a new Nike contract).

As for Julio Frenk, to quote Jay-Z, he only gets half a bar. F**k y'all, Frenk family.
So like I asked Dmoney earlier today Original, when does the dam break? What will it take for the blake/manure experiment concocted in **** to come to a merciful end for us fans? I’ve heard multiple members on here tied in that Blake is not in a
Good place with the BOT or a powerful faction In The BOT that is not happy with the malpractice he committed in hiring his buddy Diaz at the cost of 4 million to temple in all of about 5 minutes with no search whatsoever. Also heard that when he weaseled his way out of and got a stay of exciting when it comes to being in control of football when that section of the BOt wanted Alonzo in last year that he was told you’re Job is on the line with Diaz and it’s combo firing if it goes south. So what does it take this year to be gone of both of them because neither of them are gonna bring us no where but exactly where we are now, middle of the pack acc Corstal team? I believe Diaz based on seeing the same exact warts his teams have showed his whole tenure here show up looking the exact same against bama that I believe he loses five games this year and of course the bowl game because we all know he can’t get the kids up for a dog**** bowl in Louisiana during Christmas so that 7-6 in year ******* three! with a 6 year QB and a team full of nfl players. Will that bring the excution to both him and Blake this year original? I’m curious on your opinion?

Advertisement
You guys realize that the only way to land a Jimbo Fisher on a huge contract is to promise him that we'll only spend even more money on staff and facilities, right?

Hiring an elite coach is only half the battle. Miami will NEVER be able to compete financially to become truly elite again.
We don't need an elite coach. A coach with drive and the ability to develop talent, and a similar staff would do nicely.

So like I asked Dmoney earlier today Original, when does the dam break? What will it take for the blake/manure experiment concocted in **** to come to a merciful end for us fans? I’ve heard multiple members on here tied in that Blake is not in a
Good place with the BOT or a powerful faction In The BOT that is not happy with the malpractice he committed in hiring his buddy Diaz at the cost of 4 million to temple in all of about 5 minutes with no search whatsoever. Also heard that when he weaseled his way out of and got a stay of exciting when it comes to being in control of football when that section of the BOt wanted Alonzo in last year that he was told you’re Job is on the line with Diaz and it’s combo firing if it goes south. So what does it take this year to be gone of both of them because neither of them are gonna bring us no where but exactly where we are now, middle of the pack acc Corstal team? I believe Diaz based on seeing the same exact warts his teams have showed his whole tenure here show up looking the exact same against bama that I believe he loses five games this year and of course the bowl game because we all know he can’t get the kids up for a dog**** bowl in Louisiana during Christmas so that 7-6 in year ******* three! with a 6 year QB and a team full of nfl players. Will that bring the excution to both him and Blake this year original? I’m curious on your opinion?

Look, it's an excellent question. I would prefer for the BOT and the President to assess Manny and Blake independently.

Let's start with Beta Blake and the UM decision-makers. Someone earlier asked "what is the significance of Barry Jacks-off saying 'Julio Frenk is not a sports fan' and why that has an impact". The answer is fairly straightforward. Although "hiring/firing AD and/or head football coach" is not, strictly speaking, in the job description for UM President, it is entirely possible for a UM President to have an opinion and to initiate action accordingly. For instance Donna Shalala (no matter what one thinks of her opinions and decisions) clearly favored the "up-and-coming young talent" for the head football coach position and oversaw the hiring of Randy Shannon and Al Golden over the POSSIBILITY of hiring more experienced/proven candidates. On the other hand, with Julio Frenk "not being a sports fan", there is very little impact that he has, for either good or bad. Frenk is a jellyfish. Frenk is seemingly not going to weigh in on whether to fire Beta Blake, even though he orchestrated the very messy demotion of the Dean of the Law School. Therefore, do not expect Frenk to have any strong opinions on whether to fire Beta Blake...

...which, of course, leaves all the responsibility for "taking action" with the Board of Trustees. I have already said that the BOT is way too big (someday, we will have as many UM Trustees as UM students), and that the BOT has no clear direction for Athletics, and too few members who "know anything" about Athletics. You are correct that there is a vocal minority on the BOT that gave Beta Blake "one more chance" on the issue of Alonzo Highsmith, so it is POSSIBLE to analyze whether the Ed Reed hiring has made an impact INDEPENDENT of how many games Manny wins this year. Having said that, if Manny wins 11 in a row, it may be difficult to collect enough votes to fire Beta Blake. In an ideal "organizational" world, I would hope that BOT members could talk to Ed Reed about how he has been consulted and utilized, and if it seems like Beta Blake has been using Ed as a smokescreen, I would love to think that would be enough to fire Beta Blake.

But, honestly, I don't know what these BOT members need. Many have succeeded in the business world while having all sorts of buffer managers/execs between themselves and the actual employees who work for them. Often, successful business leaders are clueless about what their employees actually think or feel. It would be nice if we could get Jose Mas to do Undercover Boss II, The Sequel and tell the rest of the BOT what is really happening inside of our Athletic Department. If you want my HONEST assessment, based on things we have seen publicly (and some things I have heard privately), I believe that Beta Blake has been filling the Athletic Department staff with his own bootlickers who are not going to say anything bad about him. Therefore, the BOT is going to need to fire Blake for simply "not getting the job done". Dropoffs in basketball and baseball as he clings to certain coaches for too long. Empty seats in all sports (though COVID is a convenient excuse). We've got 7 more years on the adidas deal, so he won't get heat on that.

As for Manny, it is a simpler analysis. Win and get extended. Lose and...although, as pointed out, it's not like we have an abundance of great options.

In closing, I'll say this. I know that our fanbase has taken some national criticism for "flying the banner" when we are unhappy. And a couple of years ago, the efforts to pay for a banner again resulted in...a billboard truck. But in between those two options, a US 1 billboard was reserved, and Beta Blake flexed his flabby muscles behind the scenes to get the billboard company to breach the agreement. Beta Blake knows if we (as a fanbase) continue to fly the banners, it is the most recognizable way of getting the BOT to see that the fanbase is angry. As I mentioned earlier, the whole "cancel your season tickets and stop making donations" doesn't seem to work. But bad PR seems to wake BOT people up.

I'm not sure if it's been done before, but we need someone with superior interwebz and computer skillz to assemble a master list of all BOT members and their physical and/or e-mail addresses, and then we need to send WELL-WRITTEN AND SPECIFIC complaints to them, in a concerted effort to secure Beta Blake's firing. Manny can save his job by winning. But Beta Blake has been ******** over the Athletic Department for nearly a decade.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents. I truly hope to see Julio Frenk and Beta Blake depart my alma mater, as soon as humanly possible. But the BOT isn't going anywhere. And I am so obsessed with UM winning football games that I would love to see Manny save his job by going on an 11 game winning streak. I don't care about being "right" or "wrong" by predicting Manny's success or failure, I JUST WANT TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.

Last edited:
Look, it's an excellent question. I would prefer for the BOT and the President to assess Manny and Blake independently.

Let's start with Beta Blake and the UM decision-makers. Someone earlier asked "what is the significance of Barry Jacks-off saying 'Julio Frenk is not a sports fan' and why that has an impact". The answer is fairly straightforward. Although "hiring/firing AD and/or head football coach" is not, strictly speaking, in the job description for UM President, it is entirely possible for a UM President to have an opinion and to initiate action accordingly. For instance Donna Shalala (no matter what one thinks of her opinions and decisions) clearly favored the "up-and-coming young talent" for the head football coach position and oversaw the hiring of Randy Shannon and Al Golden over the POSSIBILITY of hiring more experienced/proven candidates. On the other hand, with Julio Frenk "not being a sports fan", there is very little impact that he has, for either good or bad. Frenk is a jellyfish. Frenk is seemingly not going to weigh in on whether to fire Beta Blake, even though he orchestrated the very messy demotion of the Dean of the Law School. Therefore, do not expect Frenk to have any strong opinions on whether to fire Beta Blake...

...which, of course, leaves all the responsibility for "taking action" with the Board of Trustees. I have already said that the BOT is way too big (someday, we will have as many UM Trustees as UM students), and that the BOT has no clear direction for Athletics, and too few members who "know anything" about Athletics. You are correct that there is a vocal minority on the BOT that gave Beta Blake "one more chance" on the issue of Alonzo Highsmith, so it is POSSIBLE to analyze whether the Ed Reed hiring has made an impact INDEPENDENT of how many games Manny wins this year. Having said that, if Manny wins 11 in a row, it may be difficult to collect enough votes to fire Beta Blake. In an ideal "organizational" world, I would hope that BOT members could talk to Ed Reed about how he has been consulted and utilized, and if it seems like Beta Blake has been using Ed as a smokescreen, I would love to think that would be enough to fire Beta Blake.

But, honestly, I don't know what these BOT members need. Many have succeeded in the business world while having all sorts of buffer managers/execs between themselves and the actual employees who work for them. Often, successful business leaders are clueless about what their employees actually think or feel. It would be nice if we could get Jose Mas to do Undercover Boss II, The Sequel and tell the rest of the BOT what is really happening inside of our Athletic Department. If you want my HONEST assessment, based on things we have seen publicly (and some things I have heard privately), I believe that Beta Blake has been filling the Athletic Department staff with his own bootlickers who are not going to say anything bad about him. Therefore, the BOT is going to need to fire Blake for simply "not getting the job done". Dropoffs in basketball and baseball as he clings to certain coaches for too long. Empty seats in all sports (though COVID is a convenient excuse). We've got 7 more years on the adidas deal, so he won't get heat on that.

As for Manny, it is a simpler analysis. Win and get extended. Lose and...although, as pointed out, it's not like we have an abundance of great options.

In closing, I'll say this. I know that our fanbase has taken some national criticism for "flying the banner" when we are unhappy. And a couple of years ago, the efforts to pay for a banner again resulted in...a billboard truck. But in between those two options, a US 1 billboard was reserved, and Beta Blake flexed his flabby muscles behind the scenes to get the billboard company to breach the agreement. Beta Blake knows if we (as a fanbase) continue to fly the banners, it is the most recognizable way of getting the BOT to see that the fanbase is angry. As I mentioned earlier, the whole "cancel your season tickets and stop making donations" doesn't seem to work. But bad PR seems to wake BOT people up.

I'm not sure if it's been done before, but we need someone with superior interwebz and computer skillz to assemble a master list of all BOT members and their physical and/or e-mail addresses, and then we need to send WELL-WRITTEN AND SPECIFIC complaints to them, in a concerted effort to secure Beta Blake's firing. Manny can save his job by winning. But Beta Blake has been ******** over the Athletic Department for nearly a decade.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents. I truly hope to see Julio Frenk and Beta Blake depart my alma mater, as soon as humanly possible. But the BOT isn't going anywhere. And I am so obsessed with UM winning football games that I would love to see Manny save his job by going on an 11 game winning streak. I don't care about being "right" or "wrong" by predicting Manny's success or failure, I JUST WANT TO WIN FOOTBALL GAMES.
So, the bot fired manny and draws and quarters Blake. Who are we going to get that’s going to beat Alabama, win every game against evenly matched opponents and talk 5*s into Miami over the top 5.

The jimbo talk not withstanding, I don’t see whose going to take us back to the top considering what college football is today. I see no way that we can come close.

Advertisement

Thanks for the response Original, I appreciate it.

So, the bot fired manny and draws and quarters Blake. Who are we going to get that’s going to beat Alabama, win every game against evenly matched opponents and talk 5*s into Miami over the top 5.

The jimbo talk not withstanding, I don’t see whose going to take us back to the top considering what college football is today. I see no way that we can come close.
bill Clarke would be a great option to build this program back to yearly coastal champs and acc title contenders. Then after years of sustained success we can talk about beating the bamas of the world. One thing we all know for sure, is manny is the worst option available to try and achieve this, so the sooner we move on, the sooner we have a chance to hire a guy that can atleast achieve that and think about bama down the road.

Whenever the fail in the program starts to stink it's way out of the bag, you have this debate. Discontented fans want to complain, fly banners, etc. The smarter crowd all preen that no one listens, it won't help, etc. Some fans lead the vocal complaint crowd. Eventually, when it's clear that change is coming, the preeners jump to the revolt side of the fan-base and immediately start talking about how bad it was under the former guy, no one knew, etc. Inside stories. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you think about it, the main thing the Admin and BOT seem to care about is avoiding glare. They'll reactively do something if the consequence of not doing something gets annoying. They won't take on changes in football for its own sake.

Advertisement
I’m fairly sure the whole “Blake hired Manny within 5 minutes while the BOT was in Europe” story is complete horse****.

No AD in America has that kind of power. Coaches make many millions of dollars per year salary….the decision to hire one is made by the BOT.

Yes, Blake James is terrible. But so is our BOT.

I’m fairly sure the whole “Blake hired Manny within 5 minutes while the BOT was in Europe” story is complete horse****.

No AD in America has that kind of power. Coaches make many millions of dollars per year salary….the decision to hire one is made by the BOT.

Maybe not “in Europe” per se but it’s not like he needed approval of all 90 something members

You're "fairly sure"? Review the timeline, genius.

You are also the guy who claimed that Lou Saban threw a ****** kid into a fountain and was fired for it. None of which actually happened.

Advertisement
And a couple of years ago, the efforts to pay for a banner again resulted in...a billboard truck. But in between those two options, a US 1 billboard was reserved, and Beta Blake flexed his flabby muscles behind the scenes to get the billboard company to breach the agreement.
I have a feeling the planes will be gassed up again this season. But overall, we need to take a page out of the Vols playbook in getting the AD canned. Their fans/media were ruthless.

Last edited:
Personal attacks
You're "fairly sure"? Review the timeline, genius.

You are also the guy who claimed that Lou Saban threw a ****** kid into a fountain and was fired for it. None of which actually happened.

“Despite Miami's improvement in 1978, Saban departed the school amid controversy. That April, three freshman Miami players attacked a 22-year-old ****** man wearing a yarmulke who was walking to religious services on campus.[88] They threw the man, who worked at a campus gathering place for UM's ****** community, into Lake Osceola at the center of campus.[88] When Saban returned to campus a few days later, he was unaware the man was ****** and reportedly said "Getting thrown in the lake? Sounds like fun to me."[88] Miami's ****** community complained, and despite numerous apologies, Saban offered to resign mid-season.” -Wikipedia

There you go, you “everything is literal to me” autistic ****hole.

Anyone who isn’t on the spectrum could obviously tell I was clowning.

Nothing else you said deserves a response

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
**** Barry!! Fn hack!!

Go Canes!!

Whenever the fail in the program starts to stink it's way out of the bag, you have this debate. Discontented fans want to complain, fly banners, etc. The smarter crowd all preen that no one listens, it won't help, etc. Some fans lead the vocal complaint crowd. Eventually, when it's clear that change is coming, the preeners jump to the revolt side of the fan-base and immediately start talking about how bad it was under the former guy, no one knew, etc. Inside stories. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If you think about it, the main thing the Admin and BOT seem to care about is avoiding glare. They'll reactively do something if the consequence of not doing something gets annoying. They won't take on changes in football for its own sake.
True. It took a humiliating 58-0 home loss to Clemson on national TV to fire Golden. Had he lost by 17 or even 21 he would have kept his job through the end of the season and maybe another season. Despite his obvious ineptitude the program needed to hit rock bottom before action was taken.

Richt’s 35-3 loss to Wisconsin was his bottom. He was man enough to realize he was through, and didn’t need to be shown the door.

Manny hasn’t hit rock bottom yet. We might have thought last Saturday was, or UNC last year was, or FIU/LaTech in Year 1 was. Nope. Manny still has a few excuses left, sadly. We need a complete collapse into a 3-4 win season, or a repeat of last season‘s UNC game against, say at UNC or later in the year at FSU.

The problem is we can’t root for that to occur, and if a change is made there’s no reason to believe they would fix the problems. Heck, the Admin could fire James only to turn around and promote Jennifer ‘WhatsHerName‘.

How f-depressing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back