Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Very odd to bring Jimbo name up out of no where. Jimbo would never leave A&M for us, he will be leaving A&M for LSU this fall though.

Advertisement
5 posts your first 8 years here and now we can't shut you up.

Upvoted for happy hour at Flany's.
Truthfully, reading some of the dumb *** post and opinions here makes contributing on this site a challenge.

You're post is a glaring example of what I'm talking about

Truthfully, reading some of the dumb *** post and opinions here makes contributing on this site a challenge.

You're post is a glaring example of what I'm talking about
And to think I upvoted you. I'm hurt. The one goal I had for today was to post something that made you happy.

I'm not a big fan of throwing my toys out of the pram.

Jimmy Johnson isn't walking through that door. Unless you've got another suggestion for a brilliant coach, bearing in mind every single one has failed here since Butch Davis, I'm going to stick with Diaz for now. The team has improved every year and so has he - he's a much better option than 90% of the flavour of the month suggestions being thrown around here. Hugh Freeze? Lane Kiffin? C'mon now.
He’s improved every year he’s been here? Are ******* kidding me? Did you see last years uncle game and bowl game, did you see Saturday’s game were we looked like the same **** team from the past three years, undisciplined, unprepared and unmotivated! Are you sò Orange a green blind or are you one of many Hecht center shills on here sent to defend the two buffoons In charge of our program at all costs? It’s inept the other with you because there is no arguing that Diaz is a manure head coach that can’t scheme a proper disciplined defense and can’t get his team ready to play a big game to save his
Life! Dudes bum abd if you think a guy like bill clarke isn’t a better option then him, then I don’t know what to tell you sport other then you’re not I. Reality and it’s time to explore antipsychotic medication’s for a possible
Case of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.

And to think I upvoted you. I'm hurt. The one goal I had for today was to post something that made you happy.
Don't be hurt. You reached your goal today by upvoting for me and making me a happy man. Now lets hope our Canes can make us happy this season. If not, it will back to strictly reading again and plenty more hours spent at Flany's

Advertisement
As I’ve said i’m not the biggest Mario guy but I can guarantee you we’d be far more physical, tough and look the part. **** Butch was a god awful game coach but he surrounded himself with a great staff. We‘d been able to do that with Mario’s tab being picked up.
That ship sailed 3 years ago..

I feel like a wimp who is in love with a chick that doesn't give a ***** about our relationship. Not willing to invest in lingerie, comes to bed with granny panties, socks and flannel pajamas. No makeup, hair in a ponytail with sweatpants. It's so hard to let go, constantly believing she'll do better.

I feel like a wimp who is in love with a chick that doesn't give a ***** about our relationship. Not willing to invest in lingerie, comes to bed with granny panties, socks and flannel pajamas. No makeup, hair in a ponytail with sweatpants. It's so hard to let go, constantly believing she'll do better.
Granny panties or lingerie will just end up on the floor, socks means her toenails won't scrape, flannel is soft.

She's telling you she's thinking of your needs, now get in there!

The stupid part on the admin's apathy is that there is a direct correlation between relevance in football and applications for admission. More applications means more competitive. More competitive means higher academic standing and more research money flowing the the school. Obviously it also typically leads to greater alumni involvement in both $ and participation in school building events.

Its just the moronic leading the blind in Coral Gables right now.

This part is not true. More undergrad applications and "research money" (which is related to grad/med schools) are not the same thing.

The other parts are relevant, though.

Advertisement
Supposedly his contract was up in August of 2020. I haven't heard anything new, but I don't know of anyone who's happy with his performance.

@TheOriginalCane, is there anything new?

Haven't heard any rumblings yet, but I would also point out that he ALSO has not been given the standard 5-year "second contract", so that is good news. I'm really hoping that his employment contract is month-to-month at this point.

Was hoping for some post-Covid momentum, but Delta/Lambda are slowing things down.

That ship sailed 3 years ago..
Some pages back I was asked and I said “ unless Miami is in his contact I don’t see it happening. I know his wife wants to come back home but that’s probably the one reason I think it could. Even of the odds aren’t great.

I hate Barry Jacks-off, I really do.

He acts as if writing a $10 million check will buy success. It doesn't.

Since Ohio Taint stole our 2002 National Championship, here are the coaches who have won a National Championship:

Nick Saban - the obvious platinum standard, he has won 7 titles at 2 schools. He's retiring at Alabama.

Urban Meyer - the gold standard, he has won 3 titles at 2 schools, but he's in the NFL, and for anyone hoping for a Saban-like come-to-college-Jesus moment, it will be for a larger school with more on-campus facilities that is willing to look the other way on ethics and annual physical check-ups.

Dabo Swinney - 2 at Clemson, and Alabama is the only other job he'd take, he's a Bama alum.

Pete Carroll - 1.5 (or maybe zero) at USC, he's done his JJ impression, he's happy in the NFL.

Jimbo Fisher - 1 at F$U, might do some more damage at Texas A&M, but like Meyer, he'll only consider a larger school with on-campus facilities and non-existent ethics departments.

Mack Brown - 1 at Texas, doesn't look like he will do more damage at UNC.

Ed Orgeron - 1-hit-wonder with one year of great QB play.

Gene Chizik - 1-hit-wonder with one year of great QB play, out of coaching.

Les Miles - 1-hit-wonder, out of coaching.

None, I repeat NONE, of those guys is walking through that door. Therefore, everyone else that we coulda/woulda/shoulda hired is a calculated risk. Yes, I believe we should search, we should interview, and we should be competitive with offers. But writing a $10 million check is no guarantee that we will win a title.

Only two of those coaches are in the ACC, and only one is in the Coastal. If Manny beats UNC and beats Clemson, the conversation changes.

Advertisement
I hate Barry Jacks-off, I really do.

He acts as if writing a $10 million check will buy success. It doesn't.

Since Ohio Taint stole our 2002 National Championship, here are the coaches who have won a National Championship:

Nick Saban - the obvious platinum standard, he has won 7 titles at 2 schools. He's retiring at Alabama.

Urban Meyer - the gold standard, he has won 3 titles at 2 schools, but he's in the NFL, and for anyone hoping for a Saban-like come-to-college-Jesus moment, it will be for a larger school with more on-campus facilities that is willing to look the other way on ethics and annual physical check-ups.

Dabo Swinney - 2 at Clemson, and Alabama is the only other job he'd take, he's a Bama alum.

Pete Carroll - 1.5 (or maybe zero) at USC, he's done his JJ impression, he's happy in the NFL.

Jimbo Fisher - 1 at F$U, might do some more damage at Texas A&M, but like Meyer, he'll only consider a larger school with on-campus facilities and non-existent ethics departments.

Mack Brown - 1 at Texas, doesn't look like he will do more damage at UNC.

Ed Orgeron - 1-hit-wonder with one year of great QB play.

Gene Chizik - 1-hit-wonder with one year of great QB play, out of coaching.

Les Miles - 1-hit-wonder, out of coaching.

None, I repeat NONE, of those guys is walking through that door. Therefore, everyone else that we coulda/woulda/shoulda hired is a calculated risk. Yes, I believe we should search, we should interview, and we should be competitive with offers. But writing a $10 million check is no guarantee that we will win a title.

Only two of those coaches are in the ACC, and only one is in the Coastal. If Manny beats UNC and beats Clemson, the conversation changes.
If (and I mean IF lol) Urban bombs in the NFL, and say Notre Dame wants him and buys out Brian Kelly’s contract.

Would Brian Kelly to Miami be a good fit?

Wonder how the fan base would react.

He’s used to working in an private university environment where Academics and Image (guessing here) are huge.

@Cribby if Manny finishes the season 9-3. Does Blake James need permission to give him
A extension or would the board have to approve it?
Id make Blake ask for permission to let the **** janitor in the building.

If they allow an extension after twenty three wins in three years they all need “ enter Coach Kelly joke”.

After all the horrible hires , extensions and buyouts even these blowhards have to figured
some **** out.

The real question is Blake James under any sort of pressure??? Because it seems like we’re stuck in a roundabout with Manny and Blake.

This is the first issue. Maybe not the biggest issue, but the first issue.

A few weeks ago, I had a nearly one-hour complaint session with someone in the Athletic Department over the Green Parking Lot tailgating issue. When I (at multiple points) criticized Beta Blake, his lack of communication, and his absence of caring, I could tell that the responses were coached-up as a counter-argument to years of criticisms against Beta Blake. I was told how "Blake was the one who got us the Green tailgate lot in the first place", which is just ridiculous, as Blake was working at Maine when we moved to Joe Robbie Stadium. I could tell that the person with whom I was speaking was young and only knew what Blake told everyone about Blake's (fake) role in establishing UM's Green tailgate lot. I mean, ****, I've only been tailgating in the "green" lots at the Orange Bowl and Joe Robbie/Hard Rock since the 1980s, but now I've got some young kid telling me that Beta Blake invented that ****e...

Yes, I realize there are some issues with Manny, but at least EVERY YEAR, Manny tries to do something. He recruits better, he signs Portal kids, he replaces crappy coaches with better coaches...but what is Beta Blake doing each year, besides cashing his paychecks and buying suits in the children's section at Kohl's?

Last edited:
Advertisement
True especially since their playing themselves out of power 5 status as these super conferences keep getting more selective we’ll be seeing ourselves on the outside looking in.

Im sure the BOT knows this and says fuggg it why invest

I'm sorry, I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic?

My pt was that the explosion in CFB revenue is disproportionately flowing to the wealthiest schools. For a variety of reasons. Therefore with every passing yr, it becomes even more difficult for everyone else to keep pace without obliterating their operating margin & increasing the risk for negatives returns. Where's the additional revenue going to come from? The 3 main sources are media/tv deals, ticket sales, and donations.

If (and I mean IF lol) Urban bombs in the NFL, and say Notre Dame wants him and buys out Brian Kelly’s contract.

Would Brian Kelly to Miami be a good fit?

Wonder how the fan base would react.

He’s used to working in an private university environment where Academics and Image (guessing here) are huge.

It's an interesting consideration, but I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of high-profile retreads who have not really accomplished anything previously. Give me JJ or Erickson or Butch, who either had a novel approach or came from a good coaching tree.

And while it is controversial, if we are going to cut a $10 million check for anyone, we need to consider Mario. We also need to be honest and point out that NOBODY in the Pac 12 has really done anything noteworthy since Pete Carroll, no matter how much Nike cash sloshes around at some of those schools. I think Mario would be great in recruiting, and I think that if we pair him with some solid coordinators, it can address some of the "game day coach" issues that similarly afflicted a certain well-known UM head coach who left for the NFL at least one year too soon.

If Manny has a 9-3 regular season he’s gonna get a year tacked on to his deal.

It’s the nature of the beast in college football.

Advertisement
Back