MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Waiting for the next move. Will that be action in the FSU law suit? Clemson law Suit? Or will UNC shake things up and file as well? Would be nice to see Miami file and get more aggressive. You have to want to get out.

This thing has to be done by AUGUST for fsu and Clemson. one way or another, I WOULD think. We’re running three months behind. Time to CATCH UP.

Advertisement
This thing has to be done by AUGUST for fsu and Clemson. one way or another, I WOULD think. We’re running three months behind. Time to CATCH UP.
What is a concern is ESPN and the ACC working together to

-negotiate an exit for FSU and Clemson
-attempting to KEEP the ACC in tact and make it harder for others to leave

Would be better for the schools if the ACC were just left to implode.

Relly I have a question.I’ve never had deep dish and don’t think I’d like it with all the dough but my question.

Is deep dish a lot of dough with the cheese,sausage pepperoni whatever just on top or is there cheese and other ingredients all through all that dough?
Were raised by wolves in a forest?

Serious question.

Why because I’ve never had deep dish pizza?

But to answer your sarcastic question I was Actually raised on an island by a gulf and an ocean.
Yes.

Then I would hope you've had frutti de mare pizza then.

Or crawdad pizza, or gator pizza, or shrimp pizza, or ....

🤣

Advertisement
Relly I have a question.I’ve never had deep dish and don’t think I’d like it with all the dough but my question.

Is deep dish a lot of dough with the cheese,sausage pepperoni whatever just on top or is there cheese and other ingredients all through all that dough?

Yeah, most ppl think it’s mostly dough, but it’s not. It’s a single dough that, instead of being rolled out like a traditional pizza, it’s flattened & then stretched up along the pan walls.

The bottom is like a the consistency of a pan crust so it can hold all its toppings, but the bordering part of crust to create the dish is thin. It’s then layered w cheese, toppings (of ur choosing), sauce. Now some will add more cheese on top & broil it, but more traditional will simply add a generous about of Parmesan Cheese + some dried herbs & bake.

Last edited:
per Ohio State SITE… interesting…

I have spoken with someone who is very plugged in on the media side of things and has an open line to FSU.

It has been communicated to him that FSU has started telling its boosters that they believe a settlement is in striking distance and that the ACC will let them out for a number less than the widely-reported GOR number (though still a huge sum).

What changed?
It seems that the ACC's strategy of 'delay delay delay' hasn't done enough to satisfy the Carolina schools and that when they lost the change of venue request in Leon County, FL they had to re-evaluate their options.

Their new strategy appears to be to let FSU and Clemson out with minimal collateral damage to the rest of the conference and keep the Carolina schools in the barn.

What comes next?
FSU gets a combination of cash donations and financing, leveraged against future revenues, to pay for a settlement. That could take weeks or months. But there are definitely financial institutions who are interested in debt financing...there are also some that exploring some other interesting financial models (private equity).

Is June 1 feasible? I'm still skeptical, but I don't think it's 0%.

The B1G is very conscious about tortious interference, so they will not vote or extend an offer until FSU officially has a settlement. And FSU is quite comfortable with that.

I have spoken with someone who is very plugged in on the media side of things and has an open line to FSU.

It has been communicated to him that FSU has started telling its boosters that they believe a settlement is in striking distance and that the ACC will let them out for a number less than the widely-reported GOR number (though still a huge sum).

What changed?
It seems that the ACC's strategy of 'delay delay delay' hasn't done enough to satisfy the Carolina schools and that when they lost the change of venue request in Leon County, FL they had to re-evaluate their options.

Their new strategy appears to be to let FSU and Clemson out with minimal collateral damage to the rest of the conference and keep the Carolina schools in the barn.

What comes next?
FSU gets a combination of cash donations and financing, leveraged against future revenues, to pay for a settlement. That could take weeks or months. But there are definitely financial institutions who are interested in debt financing...there are also some that exploring some other interesting financial models (private equity).

The B1G is very conscious about tortious interference, so they will not vote or extend an offer until FSU officially has a settlement. And FSU is quite comfortable with that.
Look, I’ve stayed clear of this thread for the most part. I have no idea if this is correct or not…but if it is, yikes.

Sitting idly by is no longer an option. It shouldn’t have been an option to begin with. These matters require forward thinking, strong-willed leaders capable of making swift and assertive actions. It’s only the future of our athletic program at stake. We continue to dilly dally when everyone else has public plans to exit. It’s feast or famine, get in the boat or get left behind.

FSU (**** them) is taking action. Clemson is taking action. Even Stanford realizes the dire consequences and has acknowledged the ACC is a **** hole of a conference that will sink quicker and quicker by the week. They haven’t even played a single game as a member in the ACC.

The ND and Stanford partnership is real. Even the ladies and gentlemen at Notre Dame, with their comfy TV gig and easy schedule, cash flow and all…still understands the ramifications of being left out of the Big 2.

It’s time for a public declaration, I mean something…ANYTHING, to show our intentions. You stay in the conference, you are unequivocally ****ed. The moves in the shadows was cute for a while, but it’s getting real out there.

Advertisement
Is Miami leaving the ACC for the Big10 or SEC? I don't know, what I DO know is where to get the best deep dish pizza.

Never change CIS................
Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS
Why not both

IMG_6982.jpeg

Waiting for the next move. Will that be action in the FSU law suit? Clemson law Suit? Or will UNC shake things up and file as well? Would be nice to see Miami file and get more aggressive. You have to want to get out.
I know this is blasphemous to say on here, but what if feelers have gone out between Miami and the Big 10 or SEC, but nothing close to serious has been discussed so far. Why should Miami be aggressive? I would think that is more likely to be the situation than any type of loyalty to the ACC - especially once Clemson filed their lawsuit.

Look, I’ve stayed clear of this thread for the most part. I have no idea if this is correct or not…but if it is, yikes.

Sitting idly by is no longer an option. It shouldn’t have been an option to begin with. These matters require forward thinking, strong-willed leaders capable of making swift and assertive actions. It’s only the future of our athletic program at stake. We continue to dilly dally when everyone else has public plans to exit. It’s feast or famine, get in the boat or get left behind.

FSU (**** them) is taking action. Clemson is taking action. Even Stanford realizes the dire consequences and has acknowledged the ACC is a **** hole of a conference that will sink quicker and quicker by the week. They haven’t even played a single game as a member in the ACC.

The ND and Stanford partnership is real. Even the ladies and gentlemen at Notre Dame, with their comfy TV gig and easy schedule, cash flow and all…still understands the ramifications of being left out of the Big 2.

It’s time for a public declaration, I mean something…ANYTHING, to show our intentions. You stay in the conference, you are unequivocally ****ed. The moves in the shadows was cute for a while, but it’s getting real out there.
Miami has already publicly shown our intentions. We are ACC.

Advertisement
I don’t know how many times I have to say it about our intentions and what the ultimate goal is from a conference realignment standpoint.

Also, I am not surprised that people are certain Stanford is trying to make a move to the Big 10. Despite the fact that there has been no reporting on it other than a mention by Pate in his show. People need to relax.

What changed?

What comes next?

That actually sounds closer to a worse case scenario for FSU imo. "less than the widely reported GOR number though still a huge sum". That sounds like >$200-300M to me. In order for that to make sense you gotta get a 100% B10 share immediately and be in no later than 2025 season obviously. But I'm not sure that would be cheaper than being the like 3rd school to exit.

That is important because if you can get into B10 with full share in 2025 for $250M, or full share in 2026 or 2027 for ~$100M, that is literally like minimum 50% savings even after accounting for the difference in payouts between the two conferences. Its all about what the difference in costs to leave 2025-2027. Plain and simple it's not worth >$100M EXTRA to get out 2025 rather than 2026/2027. That savings could just go towards NIL anyways. Obviously if the choice is spending $250M on leaving asap, or not getting out until 2030s thats an easy choice. But lets not get crazy and act like if we aren't out in 2025 it's all doom and gloom...

I don’t know how many times I have to say it about our intentions and what the ultimate goal is from a conference realignment standpoint.

Also, I am not surprised that people are certain Stanford is trying to make a move to the Big 10. Despite the fact that there has been no reporting on it other than a mention by Pate in his show. People need to relax.
Pate didn’t mention it. The person that said it above already corrected it.

Advertisement
I know this is blasphemous to say on here, but what if feelers have gone out between Miami and the Big 10 or SEC, but nothing close to serious has been discussed so far. Why should Miami be aggressive? I would think that is more likely to be the situation than any type of loyalty to the ACC - especially once Clemson filed their lawsuit.
THAT would be the scariest scenario ... "nothing has been discussed so far" ... would indicate a total lapse of interest and looking out for the financial and competitive future of the program. Taking FL Cane at his word, as he seems to be genuine and actually has some legit contacts inside the UM program, I expect that the scenario is a tad more proactive at least. Because once the P2 is more formalized, if you're not a part of it you will not be getting big games programmed or media air time that brings viewers.

You can say it all you want and we all HOPE that it means something. But Miami has given no indication publicly that they're anything but content in the ACC. With the history of poor leadership, especially in athletics, there's very little reason for any of us to believe they're handling this well.

If they would give us some kind of public indication that they want out, I'd have a lot more confidence

What I fear we'll hear after Mario underachieves again this season that they were betting on him having a great year and winning the ACC before making their move but that didn't happen and screwed everything up.

Goals and intentions don't mean anything if they don't have the leadership, vision, and resources to get it done.

You can say it all you want and we all HOPE that it means something. But Miami has given no indication publicly that they're anything but content in the ACC. With the history of poor leadership, especially in athletics, there's very little reason for any of us to believe they're handling this well.

If they would give us some kind of public indication that they want out, I'd have a lot more confidence

What I fear we'll hear after Mario underachieves again this season that they were betting on him having a great year and winning the ACC before making their move but that didn't happen and screwed everything up.

Goals and intentions don't mean anything if they don't have the leadership, vision, and resources to get it done.
It’s all about talent acquisition to build a foundation for sustained success. Mario is doing just that - in spite of some CEO errors. This season should give us a clearer indication of where this program is at.

Advertisement
Back