MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I like the double decker pies - 2 tavern styles stacked up with a crust that holds them together. There's a spot here in Orlando called Brad's Underground and he makes a nice one

I've ordered from Brad's, he is solid.

I have actually come around to a WELL-MADE Detroit-style pizza. Go to SoDough Square in Orlando (3 locations) and I believe you will be impressed. There is a middle-ground here. Not too thin, not too thick.

Just went to SoDough on Fairbanks this past Saturday. Outstanding.

Wouldn't this be tampering and lawsuits by ESPN and ACC if true?
From everything I have read both FOX and ESPN are pretty much on the same page regarding expansion and realignment and have to believe part of the CFP agreements included some horse trading. Schools, like the Magnificent Seven, have been exploring options for close to two years and undoubtedly involved more than just conversations between AD's.

He is basically parroting what is being stated on the Warchant thread covering realignment. AND there is at least one guy there that does have some actual legit media contacts. He is the one that started the thread I believe almost 2 years ago. He is 100% confident that FSU will be announcing their departure prior to the August 15 announcement deadline this Summer. He states that they will definitely play in a new conference in 2025 and that everything is done on FSU's side but the announcement. The status of the law suit has nothing to do with their decision to announce. They are confident that they will leave WITH future media rights and the max they will pay to leave will be the ACC exit fee, as stated in the ACC bylaws. Clemson appears to be operating in a similar manner. SEEMS 90% probability that FSU is eventually joining the B10. Clemson from all I read is 50/50 to the B10.
Wait, so it's possible to leave without the drama of court cases and flustered fans banging their fists on the table?

Advertisement
I know this is blasphemous to say on here, but what if feelers have gone out between Miami and the Big 10 or SEC, but nothing close to serious has been discussed so far. Why should Miami be aggressive? I would think that is more likely to be the situation than any type of loyalty to the ACC - especially once Clemson filed their lawsuit.

And now you know why people laugh at your posts.

Wait, so it's possible to leave without the drama of court cases and flustered fans banging their fists on the table?
Well it TOOK the FSU / Clemson court cases to actually get school lawyers to review the ESPN Media Agreement, under supervision, at ACC headquarters to make the discovery (as the ACC was not forthcoming) that APPARENTLY the ESPN media agreement states that the GOR is in effect only so long as an institution is a member of the conference. Therefore, once a school LEAVES a conference, they leave WITH their future media rights in tact. Only exit cost is, as per bylaws, approx $130M. If THAT actually holds up ... I believe it would be applicable to every member.

Advertisement
From everything I have read both FOX and ESPN are pretty much on the same page regarding expansion and realignment and have to believe part of the CFP agreements included some horse trading. Schools, like the Magnificent Seven, have been exploring options for close to two years and undoubtedly involved more than just conversations between AD's.

Plus Fox and espn split up the Big12 tv games, so there is precedent of the horse trading.

Honestly, it’s the ACC admin and Jim Philips that’s gonna be the biggest loser at the end…. And they deserve it

I've ordered from Brad's, he is solid.

I have actually come around to a WELL-MADE Detroit-style pizza. Go to SoDough Square in Orlando (3 locations) and I believe you will be impressed. There is a middle-ground here. Not too thin, not too thick.

Just went to SoDough on Fairbanks this past Saturday. Outstanding.
I love SoDough, they do Detroit-style right

Well it TOOK the FSU / Clemson court cases to actually get school lawyers to review the ESPN Media Agreement, under supervision, at ACC headquarters to make the discovery (as the ACC was not forthcoming) that APPARENTLY the ESPN media agreement states that the GOR is in effect only so long as an institution is a member of the conference. Therefore, once a school LEAVES a conference, they leave WITH their future media rights in tact. Only exit cost is, as per bylaws, approx $130M. If THAT actually holds up ... I believe it would be applicable to every member.

Depending on if fsu or Miami have to take a reduced TV payout from Fox, the break even is about 3-5 years based on the delta in money between conferences

Depending on if fsu or Miami have to take a reduced TV payout from Fox, the break even is about 3-5 years based on the delta in money between conferences
I believe FSU will get a full share from the get go from the B10, as well as Clemson if they end up in the B10. Miami I believe would have to take a partial share for a period, as Miami would not add as much value once FSU is in (carriage fees etc).

Advertisement
And now you know why people laugh at your posts.
You definitely know why they laugh at yours.

Found Footage Video GIF by Eternal Family

Thanks. Saw it and couldn’t tell if bull**** or not
The odds of fox cutting a deal a year ago that didn’t leak and wouldn’t get them sued to oblivion by the acc and some members and potentially espn is hard to even place but they are high.

This stuff is all wink and nod until the school is free and actually calls the conference it wants to join with an ability to join it. Billion dollar companies don’t take on the liability “officially” with an “offer”

Last edited:
I believe FSU will get a full share from the get go from the B10, as well as Clemson if they end up in the B10. Miami I believe would have to take a partial share for a period, as Miami would not add as much value once FSU is in (carriage fees etc).
lol Clemson would not get a full share in the big 10 if Miami wouldn’t regardless of their current ratings - the state is too small for carriage to matter more than the upside of a second shop in a far
Larger state and media market and yes national brand even if fsu already comes in with carriage fees.

Advertisement
So... Not really ironclad?

I don’t know how many times I have to say it about our intentions and what the ultimate goal is from a conference realignment standpoint.

Also, I am not surprised that people are certain Stanford is trying to make a move to the Big 10. Despite the fact that there has been no reporting on it other than a mention by Pate in his show. People need to relax.
Doesn't Stanford just seem like a B1G team though? Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Advertisement
Back