MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Excitement appears to be losing steam…
i still think something happens before the 15th and it'll just set the next set of dominoes in motion...

the ACC isn't surviving as is.. there's nothing out there to close the revenue gap between the contenders in the ACC and the SEC/B1G...

i could see the ACC adding some lower value brands so they can survive AFTER Clemson/FSU/Miami leave...

i still think something happens before the 15th and it'll just set the next set of dominoes in motion...

the ACC isn't surviving as is.. there's nothing out there to close the revenue gap between the contenders in the ACC and the SEC/B1G...

i could see the ACC adding some lower value brands so they can survive AFTER Clemson/FSU/Miami leave...
Who says were leaving? Some dorks on here & twitter that know nothing? We've been incompetent for 20+ years. I'll stick with that proof until shown otherwise.

The Clemson BOT meeting has nothing to do with athletics, allegedly.
Apparently a BoT member was found to have been photographing other BoT members in the nude in the gym sauna and showers. He was then selling the images at a booth at South of the Border.

The meeting is just to figure out how to keep the whole thing quiet without police intervention and to not make a fuss that said BoT member is now a BoT member at Arkansas.

Advertisement
Or (and this is glass half full thinking) it will take a watered down product and make it better. With most of the marquee programs joining either the BIG10 or SEC, it's going to cut back on non-conference cupcake games that are generally wastes of time. I'm tired of there being one or two early season games worth watching on Saturdays while every other game features a P5 team against an FCS or crappy G5 opponent.

Let's be real. There was NEVER a need for 130 FBS programs. We're going to have the top 60-70 teams and everyone else will be relegated elsewhere.
I can see both sides of the coin, you make some good points.

Does anyone know why San Diego State is always left out of conference discussions? Is it academic reasons or other? They’re in a big market with good recruiting

Advertisement
Did you miss all the drama with their letter?
Yeah but to me that seems more like PAC12 incompetence striking again.

If we were adding cal and Stanford I’d rather get SDSU and SMU than Oregon state and Washington state. Or maybe add all of them.

I’d prefer to leave the ACC before adding teams to it, but assuming we’re stuck in the ACC or have to pay our way out either way, I’d rather make the conference bigger and better.

I am hoping one obscure "rumor" that they were trying to finalize 8 programs coming together to vote to dissolve the conference actually materializes ... but that might be as realistic as me getting a date with Penelope Cruz (with my wife's approval).

Advertisement
ESPN refusing to do anything to help the ACC will kill the schools that make it a relevant conference. If ESPN renegotiated in a way to make top schools whole (within x $ of SEC), they could save the conference. If they choose not too, which theyre not obligated to, there'll either be an exodus or theyll let the talent drain from the conference like a vampire sucking out the blood, and lose any value the asset currently has.

ESPN refusing to do anything to help the ACC will kill the schools that make it a relevant conference. If ESPN renegotiated in a way to make top schools whole (within x $ of SEC), they could save the conference. If they choose not too, which theyre not obligated to, there'll either be an exodus or theyll let the talent drain from the conference like a vampire sucking out the blood, and lose any value the asset currently has.
Was just reading on Twitter (this crap forced me to sign up) that the ACC is considering entering into a CONTRACTUAL ALLIANCE WITH THE BIG12 AND THAT THEY MIGHT CONSIDER A MEDIA RIGHTS MERGER IN 2031. This sound like some ESPN / Tobacco Road driven attempt to "solidify" some added ACC control. Certainly Radakovich and the others don't fall for that nonsense.

This is just another way to describe unequal revenue distribution haha.

Advertisement
Common sense hasn't applied to us for 20+
years. Hope you're right tho.

as of the hiring of Radakovich the Athletics department was elevated to one of the 4 pillars at the University of Miami and Radakovich was made a Vice President..

athletics is more important than ever at Miami and they understand the value of a healthy sports brand for the overall University growth...

Mario needs to win...

I hope FSU and Clemson go to the Big now and then we can go to the SEC. I originally wanted to go to the Big but I wouldn’t be upset to be in the SEC, definitely think there are some benefits- even with a little less $$

If we get left out of both it will be a sadder day than when JJ left for Dallas.

I hope FSU and Clemson go to the Big now and then we can go to the SEC. I originally wanted to go to the Big but I wouldn’t be upset to be in the SEC, definitely think there are some benefits- even with a little less $$

If we get left out of both it will be a sadder day than when JJ left for Dallas.
I’m with you. Would prefer the SEC since they’ve been the most dominant conference (by far) the past twenty years but I’d be fine with going to the big10 assuming we get a full share of the revenue.

Reality is we’re going to be in the acc and become a G5 school

I’m going to be honest, if I didn’t have small kids who love sports, I’d probably stop watching college football entirely over the next 5 years. Miami making it into the P2 doesn’t even factor into it. This sport has become something else entirely, and is speeding toward losing almost everything that made it unique. Everything that made it my favorite sport since I was 9 is being scrubbed away and covered in a boring, predictable, sterile, soulless coat of paint.
The only thing that would've made this comment better is 6-8 commercial ad breaks that each are anywhere from 45-90 seconds long.

Advertisement
Back