MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

do you believe there's a world out there where Vandy and Indiana thrive in college football and Miami doesn't?

Miami is a football brand.. absolutely a top 20 brand and some could argue top 10 STILL... the fact that it's that close even after 20 years of irrelevancy speaks to the value of the Miami BRAND...

they'll find a home because Miami football is a brand that adds value... while there are still a dozen-ish brands between the B1G and SEC that detract/reduce value...

I would say that it's a possibility for Indiana or Vandy if I'm being honest. Vandy has absolutely loaded alumni base and Indiana is one of the largest. The way things stand now, basically pay for play. If those two get their NIL deals on order yes they would thrive while we wouldn't.

It's a different world today. We aren't the Miami of old and generally are written off by most programs. Nobody fears us anymore, we're basic ******* until we prove otherwise. People recognize out brand, but it isn't top 20, let alone top 10. We rank 26th. For comparisons sake, UF is 6th and FSU is 8th.

Advertisement
gotta admit that I'm baffled by the Stanford decision. What better options could they have at this point? are they really putting their eggs in the ACC basket?
I doubt it’s true. If you look at this guy’s history he throws out a lot of weird “rumors” that never come to fruition.

BIG change in tune of the people I talk to and their outlook for Miami in all of this in the last week. Originally it appeared Miami was leading the pack in leaving the ACC. Also, I was told months ago by 1 person that if the B1G shifted to Oregon and Washington it would put the nail in Miami's coffin and right around then it all changed. I don't know why that is or why that was the caveat.

I'm very concerned.

Edit: Not even the last week. The last 3 days

BIG change in tune of the people I talk to and their outlook for Miami in all of this in the last week. Originally it appeared Miami was leading the pack in leaving the ACC. Also, I was told months ago by 1 person that if the B1G shifted to Oregon and Washington it would put the nail in Miami's coffin and right around then it all changed. I don't know why that is or why that was the caveat.

I'm very concerned.
Is the SEC also out of the picture? Rad’s comment made it seem like they want to hold the ACC together.

I'm very concerned.

People are about to go nuclear now

Advertisement

I'm very concerned.

I think Oregon and UDub joining the Big 10 is problematic for UM. Very problematic. I also don't see the SEC expanding any time soon. And I think at the moment, both FSU/Clemson/UNC are a bit more attractive at the moment than UM.

If we don't end up in the Big 10 or SEC, man we are in long term trouble for recruiting, revenue, and general import.

I'm very concerned.

The frustrating part about that is if they knew this then why wait. They should have been bold enough to make the move sooner.

Now we know why Rad is singing a different song than the FSU AD.

Is the SEC also out of the picture? Rad’s comment made it seem like they want to hold the ACC together.
Never heard anything promising in regards to Miami going to the SEC. It was always B1G.

I keep hearing August 15 as some special date that will decide something and to wait until then to see how it unfolds. We shall see.

Advertisement
I just do not see a world where Miami gets left out given its brand and the market in which it plays
1 key thing I've learned talking to some people is that this idea of a college being located in a specific market means absolutely nothing.

Especially when this massive "market" can't fill a 60k seat stadium. Totally and completely irrelevant factor in this process apparently. In professional sports it may mean something.

The frustrating part about that is if they knew this then why wait. They should have been bold enough to make the move sooner.

Now we know why Rad is singing a different song than the FSU AD.
I don't know what Miami admin knew/thought. The person that mentioned the Washington/Oregon factor is a college football personality that was hearing things through the grapevine i guess.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Advertisement

I'm very concerned.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

I don't know what Miami admin knew/thought. The person that mentioned the Washington/Oregon factor is a college football personality that was hearing things through the grapevine i guess.
Concerning, but a lot of the time those types aren’t as in the loop as they think.

Advertisement

I'm very concerned.

Kinda seems to follow the same pattern Genetics and others have gone re: Miami. Went from a “lock” to being essentially left out now after Wash and Ore. Going to brutally impact recruiting

everyone is going to look back in 10 years and say wow we ruined such a good thing doing all this realignment and letting Fox and ESPN sink their claws into the sport
I really think this superconference idea is going to be bad for the sport. Too many big dogs in 1 room. Texas is the richest program in the country. They're going to come in and start trying to throw around their money and influence. Though Oklahoma isn't as rich as Texas, they're definitely a blue blood and will be the second winningest program in the SEC, next to Alabama. Same goes for the B10. When USC comes arrives in 2024, they'll be the 3rd biggest/blie blood program in the league. These big schools/football powers are used to getting their way in their old conferences. Curious to see how they'll get along in the new ones.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back