MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
As you know this has been in the works for over a year. Early on we expected the Sec but the last 7-8 months it’s been the B10. At this point it would take a miracle for Miami not to leave. Other schools as well. I just can’t see the Acc getting anywhere close financially to the B10.
You think an announcement happens this year or are we sitting in the shadows until it picks back up next summer?

Anyone remember his nickname?

1691103824278.png

Advertisement
I respect all that. I think beyond trusting Genetics on twitter though, people should really only follow what actually has happened.

Colorado board meeting. Left PAC and joined Big 12.

Arizona calling Board right after PAC deal disclosed to them, definitely smoke.

Miami and ND getting AAU. Definitely smoke.

FSU leaking a big board meeting and then screaming about the acc. But not taking any action. Posturing.

Oregon and Washington seeing PAC fall apart and asking BIG 10 to reevaluate, probably smoke. Considering BiG 12 also, probably smoke.

Fsu's posturing to me seems like they want to go SEC over BiG 10. Or they dont have the BIG 10 invite people claim and so they want somebody to assure them their in a P2. JMO
If FSU meant business, they would be on the phone with the Big 12 or better yet, the Pac 12.

Holy crap, I actually said something 10 minutes before Genetics said it.
I won't let it go to my head. I'm just a fake insider with no contacts. I actually attended FGCU (didn't graduate).

Here’s what I don’t understand, why is fsu and Clemson going first and Miami forced to wait? If teams are leaving acc isn’t it a jailbreak

Here’s what I don’t understand, why is fsu and Clemson going first and Miami forced to wait? If teams are leaving acc isn’t it a jailbreak

Don't worry about the PERCEPTION of going first. On DMs, I have described about 8 or 10 reasons why this is happening as it is. Would you be bothered if we announce 5 minutes after F$U and Clemson?

I just don't want to lay it all out on the board. Lots of fascinating issues and reasons.

One I've already mentioned earlier in this thread.

Advertisement
As you know this has been in the works for over a year. Early on we expected the Sec but the last 7-8 months it’s been the B10. At this point it would take a miracle for Miami not to leave. Other schools as well. I just can’t see the Acc getting anywhere close financially to the B10.
whoever told you guys sec was dumb. we would never fit with them. we aren't even remotely the same location. were more NYC than we are toothless hick

If you had to guess, what’s the timeline look like?

Don't worry about the PERCEPTION of going first. On DMs, I have described about 8 or 10 reasons why this is happening as it is. Would you be bothered if we announce 5 minutes after F$U and Clemson?

I just don't want to lay it all out on the board. Lots of fascinating issues and reasons.

One I've already mentioned earlier in this thread.
That’s fair

To clarify, I was meaning if we were forced to wait months or years after fsu and Clemson

If it’s a matter of days then who cares

Advertisement
That’s fair

To clarify, I was meaning if we were forced to wait months or years after fsu and Clemson

If it’s a matter of days then who cares
I gt what you meant. im not sure why we would have to wait but if we did have to wait years while Clemson and FSU got out, fire everyone bc thats absurd. I assume we wont be waiting

whoever told you guys sec was dumb. we would never fit with them. we aren't even remotely the same location. were more NYC than we are toothless hick
In a perfect world the Sec is the better match. Better games , rivalries, road games , recruiting and better for travel. Hate all you want but it’s the best conference . But I’m more than ok with the B10 money.

Btw The person that told me is far from stupid lol. He was saying we were leaving over a year ago when nobody was saying that publicly. Or even having whispers.

In a perfect world the Sec is the better match. Better games , rivalries, road games , recruiting and better for travel. Hate all you want but it’s the best conference . But I’m more than ok with the B10 money.

Btw The person that told me is far from stupid lol. He was saying we were leaving over a year ago when nobody was saying that publicly. Or even having whispers.
Is this all happening by August 15th or are we kicking the can another year or more?

Advertisement

I was saying big 10 when this came up last summer.

I agree that the SEC is the better conference. not arguing that. us as a school aren't close to any other SEC School in terms of culture, student body profile. we are more closer to Michigan, NW than we are UGA, Bama, etc. on top of that, a lot of our fanbase are in the big 10 markets than they are in the SEC including alumni and this isnt even close (NYC, DC, Chicago, even west coast canes).

Almost enough to make me stop believing in God and Al Michaels.

Where would 8 teams even go if they left? All the big conferences are going to be full before any of the ACC teams can do anything.
1 is ND who is a full ACC member.
That would leave 7. At least 4 would be P2. Only leaves 3 to Big12. Not too complicated. And if Big10 wants to give partial shares, there are several ACC schools who fit in that bucket - but at or below the level of Oregon, Washington, and Stanford. Who maybe are all definitely above Cal though - VTech, GTech, UVA..

Advertisement
Back