MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement

I was wondering what happened to rip van winkle

dead wink martindale GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone was expecting Rad to act like a big time AD when it came to baseball, yet he ended up acting exactly like Blake James by hiring JD Arteaga. It was a f#cking awful and lazy hire. So Rads stock is waaay down with me - I'm not willing to assume Rad is playing secret 3D chess with realignment anymore.
I'm not in the know but I heard some of the big names passed.

Advertisement
Anybody else wondering what all of these schools are telling recruits, their families, handlers, etc. right now? Would think every school is being hounded by these people with questions over this stuff right now. Radio silence for intel via these people.

Advertisement
Slightly different approach for me.

I ALWAYS root against UiF regardless of opponent.
I ALWAYS root against fsu regardless of opponent.

If they play each other, I ALWAYS root against the team that needs to win the most and will never feel content watching the other team win.

This is non-negotiable in my household.

This is exactly how I conduct myself.

Advertisement
You can't read too much into public comments.

Here's what we know as facts based on behavior

1. Miami see it's football and athletics as premier/elite/top tier. That's why they've made an unprecedented investment in their athletics the last few years and have plans to spend a lot more.

2. Anybody with any common sense sees that the ACC and college football in general is headed towards 2 major conferences with a 3rd conference surviving but lagging (B12), and everybody else even further behind..there is no such thing as "premier brand" in the future of the ACC due to the vast difference in revenue between the SEC/B1G and everybody else...everybody can see that.

So.
1. Miami sees itself as premier.
2. There is no future for a premier brand in the ACC.

That means Miami can't remain in the ACC.

Rad knows that the ACC can't do ANYTHING to even come close to closing the revenue gap. And it's only going to get bigger.
“Miami sees itself as premier”

The question is, in 2023, does anyone outside of Miami?

I should have worded that better.

LOL: When I said usually, I meant sometimes I root for the noles to beat the gator.

Whatever makes their collective seasons worse is how I decide.
I never ever ever root for the Gator.

I hate the Seminoles, BUT, I want them to win cause when we beat them it helps us.

Farrell closed the gap when Beano died in 2012 from one too many chipped chopped ham sandwiches.

Dead or not, Beano still has the better personality
Hahahaha. Beano had to drown his sorrows somewhere when Powlus didn't win 5 consecutive Heismans. He turned to 5 team parlays and chipped ham. This was the spread at his funeral.

Honestly, what has this school done in the last 20 years to be considered premier from a realignment standpoint? Basketball doesn’t count, you don’t need to be in a major conference to win a championship in hoops.

Attendance? Nope. TV ratings? Meh. Wins/losses? Nope. It’s been a dying brand for years and filled with not much winning combined with failure hire after failure hire.

I hope against hope that we are included with all this realignment but perception is reality. The football program has been mediocre going into a third decade, and if we are left out, might as well just fold the programs and become what Shalala always wanted the university to become.

Advertisement
Back