MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Slightly different approach for me.

I ALWAYS root against UiF regardless of opponent.
I ALWAYS root against fsu regardless of opponent.
If they play each other, I ALWAYS root against the team that needs to win the most and will never feel content watching the other team win.

This is non-negotiable in my household.

Tonight Show Comedian GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
@Ispyin

Talk to me brother. I saw you disagree. I am not a heal digger by any means. You don’t think there will be ANY smoke or at least little hints from anyone when things are actually going into motion? Or do you think its just going to happen with little to no forewarning? Talk to me brother.

Thanks

@Ispyin

Talk to me brother. I saw you disagree. I am not a heal digger by any means. You don’t think there will be ANY smoke or at least little hints from anyone when things are actually going into motion? Or do you think its just going to happen with little to no forewarning? Talk to me brother.

Thanks
I think Dan is giving you hints he’s just not going full Fox News like fsu guy. many people with power don’t choose to be loud.

one is a private institution. Another has to rally and can rally public officials to also help. Endgame is still same. We both use waze to get to hard rock but different routes.

its fine for someone else to take bullets instead of Miami as usual.

I think Dan is giving you hints he’s just not going full Fox News like fsu guy. many people with power don’t choose to be loud.

one is a private institution. Another has to rally and can rally public officials to also help. Endgame is still same. We both use waze to get to hard rock but different routes.

its fine for someone else to take bullets instead of Miami as usual.
Got ya. Appreciate it. I have to open my eyes a bit. Thanks for the insight sir.

Advertisement
FSU and Clemson will wind up in the SEC.

The FSU board chair doesn't beat around the bush, essentially saying "it'd be great to belong to a regional conference and there are a lot of benefits in doing so, but we'll do what makes the most financial sense for Florida State."

It's not hard to read between the lines: "We're gonna find a way to get out of the ACC. Greg Sankey and ESPN need to find a spot for us in the SEC or else we'll go to the Big Ten."

It's a leverage play by the Holes.

Sankey isn't letting FSU (or Clemson) get away — especially when the SEC has a pro rata clause in its contract that ensures any and all new members get a full media rights share from the Day One.

The more interesting part is to see what happens with SEC expansion after those two jump in the boat.

How does ESPN's pursuit of UM proceed?

The FSU board chair doesn't beat around the bush, essentially saying "it'd be great to belong to a regional conference and there are a lot of benefits in doing so, but we'll do what makes the most financial sense for Florida State."

It's not hard to read between the lines: "We're gonna find a way to get out of the ACC. Greg Sankey and ESPN need to find a spot for us in the SEC or else we'll go to the Big Ten."

It's a leverage play by the Holes.

Sankey isn't letting FSU (or Clemson) get away — especially when the SEC has a pro rata clause in its contract that ensures any and all new members get a full media rights share from the Day One.

The more interesting part is to see what happens with SEC expansion after those two jump in the boat.

How does ESPN's pursuit of UM proceed?
The FSU BOT said "it would be easy to have a 3 hour drive up the road to play most of our games but there are also financial considerations that are a bigger issue that might make sense having us thinking bigger, and research is very important to this university". FSU as a university is very interested in being AAU accredited and very interested in expanding all facets of research funding and investment opportunities. The B10 has a lot to offer in that regard, as well as being in a national conference with outstanding media package. They have a decision to make and it wouldn't surprise me if Clemson went SEC and FSU went B10 (along with Miami).

Advertisement
Miami fans: why does John Ruiz have to be so loud. He should move more quietly and not reveal all his cards

miami fans also: why is Dan being so quiet. He should move more loudly and reveal all his cards
One is a booster that no one cares to read about because he has absolutely no final say in any decision.

The other is the AD of the program we love that has final say.

Apples to oranges, my friend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. Messaging 101

2. WTF is FSU's Board Chair giving an interview to Warchant for?

I think the laws of gravity are about to come into question...

The FSU board chair, the AD and FSU's big-money athletic boosters are clearly driving their bus when it comes to choosing a sports conference

Makes a helluva lot more sense than having an egghead president making sports decisions based on academic criteria.

The president can follow the lead of the sports people and cast the official vote and that should be his role.

Don't we want DanRad and big-time boosters who are all-in on sports deciding our conference affiliation as opposed to a public health expert who may not know the lay of the land in big-time College Athletics?

The FSU board chair, the AD and FSU's big-money athletic boosters are clearly driving their bus when it comes to choosing a sports conference

Makes a helluva lot more sense than having an egghead president making sports decisions based on academic criteria.

The president can follow the lead of the sports people and cast the official vote and that should be his role.

Don't we want DanRad and big-time boosters who are all-in on sports deciding our conference affiliation as opposed to a public health expert who may not know the lay of the land in big-time College Athletics?
You bring up a very important dichotomy about today's colleges with big time athletic programs.

At the end of the day, who is the most important voice at the University?

Chancellor/President or Athletic Director?

Herbivores or Carnivores?

Don't get me started on Miami's issues/relationship* with UHealth Monster...

*nothing bad really, just reality

Big24 would have to have playoff just to get to CFPO...
Yet there would still be debate in some sectors if a 3 loss Baga should get in. I mean one of those losses was an OOC game against a sneaky B12 team and Sabag and the boys were clearly looking ahead to conference games....

Advertisement
Back