MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
You need to listen to what he said and read between the lines "we want to be a solid member of this conference and make it the best it can be in the INTERIM PERIOD BEFORE WE HAVE A CHANCE TO GO BACK TO MARKET". That means, as soon as there is ANY OPPORTUNITY to renegotiate the GOR (ie, ACC wants to ADD A MEMBER!!) we are out. Adding a new member automatically triggers a GOR renegotiation. Worst case scenario, If Miami DOES lose Clemson, FSU they will want to add another team. Then the GOR is back on the table.
I did hear it and I believe his comment was along the lines of, "ACC fix this now by any means necessary (expense reductions, unequal revenue sharing, revenue boosting adjustments w/ ESPN, etc.) or who knows what the future holds when the market provides another opportunity..."

One thing I believe he did stress was essentially acknowledging their are have /have nots in ACC and revenue should be spread accordingly.

I did hear it and I believe his comment was along the lines of, "ACC fix this now by any means necessary (expense reductions, unequal revenue sharing, revenue boosting adjustments w/ ESPN, etc.) or who knows what the future holds when the market provides another opportunity..."

One thing I believe he did stress was essentially acknowledging their are have /have nots in ACC and revenue should be spread accordingly.
I wrote down his comment "in this interim period before we have a chance to go back to market" is verbatim. Calling where we are currently as "this interim period" is using very deliberately picked verbiage.

You can't read too much into public comments.

Here's what we know as facts based on behavior

1. Miami see it's football and athletics as premier/elite/top tier. That's why they've made an unprecedented investment in their athletics the last few years and have plans to spend a lot more.

2. Anybody with any common sense sees that the ACC and college football in general is headed towards 2 major conferences with a 3rd conference surviving but lagging (B12), and everybody else even further behind..there is no such thing as "premier brand" in the future of the ACC due to the vast difference in revenue between the SEC/B1G and everybody else...everybody can see that.

So.
1. Miami sees itself as premier.
2. There is no future for a premier brand in the ACC.

That means Miami can't remain in the ACC.

Rad knows that the ACC can't do ANYTHING to even come close to closing the revenue gap. And it's only going to get bigger.

Advertisement
You can't read too much into public comments.

Here's what we know as facts based on behavior

1. Miami see it's football and athletics as premier/elite/top tier. That's why they've made an unprecedented investment in their athletics the last few years and have plans to spend a lot more.

2. Anybody with any common sense sees that the ACC and college football in general is headed towards 2 major conferences with a 3rd conference surviving but lagging (B12), and everybody else even further behind..there is no such thing as "premier brand" in the future of the ACC due to the vast difference in revenue between the SEC/B1G and everybody else...everybody can see that.

So.
1. Miami sees itself as premier.
2. There is no future for a premier brand in the ACC.

That means Miami can't remain in the ACC.

Rad knows that the ACC can't do ANYTHING to even come close to closing the revenue gap. And it's only going to get bigger.
You solveded everything by placing two numerical bullet points.

Advertisement
Rad mentioning acc expansion is great because that should the GOR for renegotiation if new members are added, in that case either we get more money, a shorter deal, or blow the whole thing up.

So, now we waiting on next Pac-12 meeting before any more movement? WTF

Kliavkoff at the next meeting: Subscriptions are already up!!! Who is with me?!!!

Screenshot_20230802_092011_Cut Paste Photos.jpg

You solveded everything by placing two numerical bullet points.
I didn't solve anything. I'm just trying to at least clarify that Miami has clear intention to leave the ACC as soon as possible. I'm sure there's plenty of people much smarter than me that will figure out the best way to do that.

And you can't spell.

Advertisement
Rad mentioning acc expansion is great because that should the GOR for renegotiation if new members are added, in that case either we get more money, a shorter deal, or blow the whole thing up.

I’ve got a magic bean to sell you if you think espn is interested or able to renegotiate the acc deal

How they’ve handled the big12 and PAC12 is all you need to know

On top of all their cost cutting company wide

What are you waiting to hear?

Nothing has changed on Miami's side.

But the rest of the state schools in the ACC and Pac are currently acting like Bluto Blutarsky just yelled "FOOD FIGHT!"
Whatever the Colorado insider posters said to their message board audience right before their program bolted back to The BIG 12, is what I want to hear from our guys right before we bolt to The BIG 10. If they are quiet, I take it to mean there is really nothing to talk about.

Now here is where I may be wrong. If things are truly and imminently (within days) of moving in THAT direction (to the BIG 10), I think we will at least get some vague hints at minimum, from posters who don’t make those hints with no merit behind it.

Advertisement
I usually root against the Gator. Sometimes I root against the Noles. I hate them both.
Slightly different approach for me.

I ALWAYS root against UiF regardless of opponent.
I ALWAYS root against fsu regardless of opponent.
If they play each other, I ALWAYS root against the team that needs to win the most and will never feel content watching the other team win.

This is non-negotiable in my household.

Advertisement
Back