MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Honestly, what has this school done in the last 20 years to be considered premier from a realignment standpoint? Basketball doesn’t count, you don’t need to be in a major conference to win a championship in hoops.

Attendance? Nope. TV ratings? Meh. Wins/losses? Nope. It’s been a dying brand for years and filled with not much winning combined with failure hire after failure hire.

I hope against hope that we are included with all this realignment but perception is reality. The football program has been mediocre going into a third decade, and if we are left out, might as well just fold the programs and become what Shalala always wanted the university to become.
What UCLA has done better than Miami in the last 20 years? I’m curious.

Advertisement
I think maybe if you add a comma/period after ACC it would make more sense?
Laugh Lol GIF by Rosanna Pansino

What UCLA has done better than Miami in the last 20 years? I’m curious.

Only on a Miami board can you get fake Miami fans ripping on Miami FIRST, instead of acknowledging relevant points such as yours.

UCLA...

We have a lot of truly ****** fans who like to **** on everything related to our program.

Honestly, what has this school done in the last 20 years to be considered premier from a realignment standpoint? Basketball doesn’t count, you don’t need to be in a major conference to win a championship in hoops.

Attendance? Nope. TV ratings? Meh. Wins/losses? Nope. It’s been a dying brand for years and filled with not much winning combined with failure hire after failure hire.

I hope against hope that we are included with all this realignment but perception is reality. The football program has been mediocre going into a third decade, and if we are left out, might as well just fold the programs and become what Shalala always wanted the university to become.
Thanks for that uplifting bit of comfort. It's easy to see who the bandwagon fans are on here. Why don't you just go and root for another team?

Advertisement
Thanks for that uplifting bit of comfort. It's easy to see who the bandwagon fans are on here. Why don't you just go and root for another team?
Been a fan since after Hurricane Andrew when my dad took me to my first game against Arizona at the Orange Bowl but go off if it makes you feel better.

Being delusional about the importance and/or value of your favorite team doesn’t make you a better fan. None of you are tough or intimidating.

If you think Miami is a better value to a Conference over LA, I don’t know what to tell y’all.

A little bit more than the usual fluff piece but nothing really relevant or imminent at the moment.

It's always great to see a dip**** like Dan Wetzel, who's had zero sources or impact on the conversation up until now, suddenly developing some top inside information during the eleventh hour...

Actual photo of Dan Wetzel at a recent sportswriter conference:

1690999239409.png

If you don't see VALUE in the UM football brand and the potential for a resurgence then why are you on here? Every time UM wins 8-9 games the media starts going nuts with the "Is the U back" comments. EVERYBODY wants the U to be prominent again ... especially the national media.

Advertisement
Been a fan since after Hurricane Andrew when my dad took me to my first game against Arizona at the Orange Bowl but go off if it makes you feel better.

Being delusional about the importance and/or value of your favorite team doesn’t make you a better fan. None of you are tough or intimidating.

If you think Miami is a better value to a Conference over LA, I don’t know what to tell y’all.
You're the one who went off. There's no call for that. We don't need that crap here. Don't take your frustration out on the board.

Has nothing to do with being "delusional", you clown.

It has everything to do with realizing that there are a bundle of traits that make a school important and/or valuable and/or relevant and/or desirable. Things that are more important than last year's W-L record in one particular sport.

It's the mark of a weak-shouldered fair-weather Miami fan to choose, AS A FIRST RESPONSE, any sort of a comment that belittles Miami. No need to look around and take note that a school like UCLA was invited to the Big 10 IN A HEARTBEAT. Or an acknowledgement that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the factors that make UCLA valuable are the same factors that make Miami valuable.

But thanks for "keepin' it real" by telling us how much Miami sucks. Too bad Hurricane Andrew wasn't even more powerful.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with being "delusional", you ***-clown.

It has everything to do with realizing that there are a bundle of traits that make a school important and/or valuable and/or relevant and/or desirable. Things that are more important than last year's W-L record.

It's the mark of a weak-shouldered fair-weather Miami fan to choose, AS A FIRST RESPONSE, any sort of a comment that belittles Miami. No need to look around and take note that a school like UCLA was invited to the Big 10 IN A HEARTBEAT. Or an acknowledgement that maybe, JUST MAYBE, the factors that make UCLA valuable are the same factors that make Miami valuable.

But thanks for "keepin' it real" by telling us how much Miami sucks. Too bad Hurricane Andrew wasn't even more powerful.
Oh no, not the hurtful words. Something tells me you say a lot behind a keyboard while your wife gets ya know what never mind. Have a good one tough guy

I've noticed that's a word Gaytor fans use a lot when describing us.

Advertisement
Oh no, not the hurtful words. Something tells me you say a lot behind a keyboard while your wife gets ya know what never mind. Have a good one tough guy

You should realize that my truthful words may also be hurtful words. But oh-so-productive of you to use a couple of your 83 posts in 10 years to tell us how ****** Miami is. What would we do without you?

Except they already added USC, so LA was accounted for with or without UCLA. Miami, without Miami, is not. Similarly, if Florida State goes to the SEC, then Miami is their entire entrée into Florida. Not to mention more Big 10 alums retire to Florida than LA. So what exact point are you trying to make, because the current one holds no water.

What a load of horse****. Setting aside what a piece of trash the "Action Network" is, the SOURCES saying that Oregon and Washington were "vetted and approved" were OREGON AND WASHINGTON.

Yes, Oregon and Washington are AAU institutions. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO VET?

What a joke. Yes, sure, Oregon and Washington were already approved for Big 10 membership AND THEN the Big 10 discovered there was an eastern seaboard of the United States.

Yep, that's EXACTLY how it happened...

Good lord, some of you are dopey and desperate enough to believe ANYTHING that is printed on the interwebz, no matter how ridiculous it is...

Advertisement
It's always great to see a dip**** like Dan Wetzel, who's had zero sources or impact on the conversation up until now, suddenly developing some top inside information during the eleventh hour...

Actual photo of Dan Wetzel at a recent sportswriter conference:

View attachment 249108
I actually thought that was a photo of Juanito Colon. Remember him? The Big Boy actually gave a signed LOI to both the Canes and the Turds. Of course he really wanted to be a Gator. He had the desktop screensaver and mouse pad to back it up.

Advertisement
Back