MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yes, and How would that agreement be more difficult to break than US breaking the GOR AND leaving the conference as an actual FULL member including in football...

ND doesn't need the ACC to die. They can just leave the ACC and pay an exit fee (one that likely is substantially lower than we would have to pay given they aren't a football member). They don't need to worry about the GOR. **** they could give the ACC the option - either we fully leave, or we can leave our non-football sports in the ACC like they currently are (and I actually assume ND likes/prefers), but Football is moving to B10.

What a dopey post.

Any agreement can be broken. That's not the issue.

The issue is whether the courts will then uphold the contract. And they will be far more likely to uphold the "ND must join the ACC" clause than the GOR. The "must join the ACC" clause will most certainly trump ND's mere "we're leaving the ACC" notification. The ACC has already performed its side of the deal.

Notre Dame's easiest pathway BY FAR is to assist everyone else in killing the ACC. Any reasonable person with a brain can comprehend that.

Advertisement
What is wrong with you? You always choose to fight a stupid and losing battle.

Doesn't matter how "hard it is to back out of". The contract says what it says. If ND doesn't want to set up a legal battle and/or pay fees, they need the conference to be dissolved.

Why do you do this dumb ****?

The GOR will likely be easier to defeat in court. You can't "back out of it". A court is likely to say no proper consideration was given for the extension of the GOR to 2035, and there isn't a college conference GOR that has been upheld in court (yet). Whereas the contract that Notre Dame signed is a simple contract, and the ACC already provided its consideration by allowing ND to be a partial member (and a football member during 2020).

Every time I think you learned your lesson about ****posting, you go and do it again.

Pssst: 🗣️IT’S A BAY THING!

What a dopey post.

Any agreement can be broken. That's not the issue.

The issue is whether the courts will then uphold the contract. And they will be far more likely to uphold the "ND must join the ACC" clause than the GOR. The "must join the ACC" clause will most certainly trump ND's mere "we're leaving the ACC" notification. The ACC has already performed its side of the deal.

Notre Dame's easiest pathway BY FAR is to assist everyone else in killing the ACC. Any reasonable person with a brain can comprehend that.[BGCOLOR=initial]. [/BGCOLOR]
Lol y'all really think you're making good points but you aren't.

School A) must leave the conference paying a predetermined exit fee which is not extremely expensive, and is potentially less than any other school since their conference payout is 1/3rd other members...Or can have the conference dissolve.

School B ) must take the GOR to court AND leave the conference doing all the same things School A must do no matter what, except likely would have the same or even larger exit fee... Or can have the conference dissolve.

Which schools situation would you prefer to be or is in a much easier position to leave if they choose to?

Like this really isn't complicated. Acting like all of a sudden the GOR FOR FOOTBALL is just nbd whatsoever and has zero risk to get out of is obviously (well to anyone with a brain lol) ridiculous.

How is this complicated. At worst it is only as difficult for ND as it is Us. At best it is far easier for them than us.

Advertisement
The way Mario’s tenure is going so far, we might be better going back to the Big East

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

Chances FSU and Clemson are going to the B1G?

time house GIF

We’re gonna be on an island if we end up in the BIG: maybe Duke and maybe GaTech in this particular cycle. That’d be about it from this part of the country if the SEC and ESPN decide to jointly roadblock UNC and UVA

(and, yes, it’d still be about 30-40M times better than a dying ACC)

Last edited:

time house GIF

We’re gonna be on an island if we end up in the BIG: maybe Duke and maybe GaTech in this particular cycle. That’d be about it from this part of the country if the SEC and ESPN decide to jointly roadblock UNC and UVA

I’ll say 25% I think the sec doesn’t want to expand so that the tv contract doesn’t lose much value so I think a big ten invite comes post rejection

time house GIF

Right now according to the guy who has B10 contacts (@Genetics56) both ND and Miami not only have B10 invites but indications are extremely high that they will accept (ND might be either full or similar to the deal with the ACC). FSU has been approved and does have an invitation (geographic expansion as well as major football brand ... and is close to AAU accreditation). Clemson met with the B10 and no invitation resulted. FSU can make their decision on which conference they want to join (if the SEC decides to add teams once the first ACC teams bolt). According to the same source none of this is happening in a vacuum. "The SEC and B10 are collaborating at a level never seen before and that is due to the media partners and the huge amount of revenue that is involved down the road" There is apparently a lot going on and FSU could go either way at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we leave and break the GOR, we have a certain amount of time to pay the full fine? Idk how much the fine is. But it's essentially like making payments on a credit card bill?

If we leave and break the GOR, we have a certain amount of time to pay the full fine? Idk how much the fine is. But it's essentially like making payments on a credit card bill?

Leaving the ACC costs $120M. I'd imagine there is no installment plan for that.

Breaking the GOR is unknown. There are no damages, per se. Supposedly, ESPN and the ACCN would still have the rights to broadcast our games, so that is "kinda-sorta" like paying on an annual basis?

Of course (and let me blow your mind here), what if ESPN continued to broadcast SOME games of SOME of the ACC teams that just happen to join the Big 10 and/or SEC?

I mean, technically speaking, we didn't intend to give up the rights to the ACC to hold us hostage, right? I mean, the intent of the GOR was to allow the ACC to do a deal with ESPN, right?

Right?

So why would the ACC want to keep our rights after we leave the ACC? Right?

Advertisement
Back