MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Relax lol. Most national people didn’t pay attention til it mattered and that was the 80’s

I don't give a **** about "most national people". That guy did a lot of research, he has graphs and charts, and his VERY FIRST SENTENCE is factually incorrect.

Advertisement
I don't give a **** about "most national people". That guy did a lot of research, he has graphs and charts, and his VERY FIRST SENTENCE is factually incorrect.
So you’re lashing out on a guy that basically made one mistake in two hours of essentially praising how much Miami fits big10.

Sorry you’re being ridiculous. Still love your crotchety *** but take an edible or something

"There were tens of thousands of comments today from followers and non-followers. Too many to get to. Thus, I will just respond in a single tweet.

RE: AAU news for today. What does it mean for Big Ten expansion?

Remember a few days ago when I shared Big Ten expansion information. Today's news doesn't change what they will want to do. It just provides a public statement of what the Big Ten is working on.

Folt is the leader at USC. IL president is the leader for the Big Ten presidents. They are the top two folks on the AAU board. Notre Dame and Miami didn't get lucky to be awarded AAU status. It's a public statement that they are institutional fits for the Big Ten and for AAU membership.

I'm sure Florida State fans may feel down by not getting AAU status today but don't worry, it's very possible FSU is one of the top 3, if not the very top university in a position to get AAU status whenever they award those again.

Miami getting AAU status helps Florida State for admissions to the Big Ten if that is that is what Florida State decides it wants and can work it out with ESPN/FOX/CBS/NBC.

Why? Because the Big Ten can now have an AAU member in the state of Florida and they can add a major TV addition with Florida State to make more money as a conference and for BTN.

What does this mean for Clemson? Nothing changes. It's all I am going to say since they are a big TV draw that brings in the money.

It also "cements" that the SEC is better off going into North Carolina and Virginia.

Notre Dame and Miami are essentially locks to the Big Ten now. They were before today fwiw.

It's a matter of being patient, let the folks get things worked out behind closed doors, and then it is fireworks time and we move onto the P2 era in it's completion.

When two leaders of the AAU are in the Big Ten, these moves are speaking to you."

🙌

Notre Dame and Miami are essentially locks to the Big Ten now. They were before today fwiw.

It's a matter of being patient, let the folks get things worked out behind closed doors, and then it is fireworks time and we move onto the P2 era in it's completion.

When two leaders of the AAU are in the Big Ten, these moves are speaking to you.”

So you’re lashing out on a guy that basically made one mistake in two hours of essentially praising how much Miami fits big10.

Sorry you’re being ridiculous

No, I'm pointing out that his first sentence was wrong.

Why are you so triggered? Why are you white-knighting for this guy?

Are you rustled because I used the words "WTF" and "nonsense"? And I posted as soon as I heard it, I didn't have to listen to two hours before I identified a mistake. What was I supposed to do, ignore his factual error because he said nice things?

Tell me where I "lashed out", the whole second paragraph is simple facts:

"WTF is this guy talking about with the "shortest rivalry" nonsense about Miami and Notre Dame?

We were both major independents. Miami started playing Notre Dame in the 1950s, and before we joined the Big East, we played ANNUALLY for 19 out of 20 years in a row (only NOT playing Notre Dame in 1986 over a 20-year span)."

Advertisement

"There were tens of thousands of comments today from followers and non-followers. Too many to get to. Thus, I will just respond in a single tweet.

Remember a few days ago when I shared Big Ten expansion information. Today's news doesn't change what they will want to do. It just provides a public statement of what the Big Ten is working on.

Folt is the leader at USC. IL president is the leader for the Big Ten presidents. They are the top two folks on the AAU board. Notre Dame and Miami didn't get lucky to be awarded AAU status. It's a public statement that they are institutional fits for the Big Ten and for AAU membership.

I'm sure Florida State fans may feel down by not getting AAU status today but don't worry, it's very possible FSU is one of the top 3, if not the very top university in a position to get AAU status whenever they award those again.

Miami getting AAU status helps Florida State for admissions to the Big Ten if that is that is what Florida State decides it wants and can work it out with ESPN/FOX/CBS/NBC.

Why? Because the Big Ten can now have an AAU member in the state of Florida and they can add a major TV addition with Florida State to make more money as a conference and for BTN.

What does this mean for Clemson? Nothing changes. It's all I am going to say since they are a big TV draw that brings in the money.

It also "cements" that the SEC is better off going into North Carolina and Virginia.

When two leaders of the AAU are in the Big Ten, these moves are speaking to you."

Has anyone figured out of this account is plugged in or just somewhat adept at drawing a color by number of what’s already known over the endless expanse of what isn’t?

I’ve thought Miami was going to end up in the B10 for awhile, not with much info, mostly from game theory. I’ve looked at this account with as much validity as I’ve given myself. Happy to be wrong if theres evidence otherwise.

I believe you are quoting the guy right?

He's been right on a lot of stuff, but it's comical to see him argue that UM-ND to the AAU:

a) makes F$U-Clemson to the Big 10 MORE likely
and
b) "cements" UNC and UVa to the SEC

That's just crazy talk.

No, I'm pointing out that his first sentence was wrong.

Why are you so triggered? Why are you white-knighting for this guy?

Are you rustled because I used the words "WTF" and "nonsense"? And I posted as soon as I heard it, I didn't have to listen to two hours before I identified a mistake. What was I supposed to do, ignore his factual error because he said nice things?

Tell me where I "lashed out", the whole second paragraph is simple facts:

"WTF is this guy talking about with the "shortest rivalry" nonsense about Miami and Notre Dame?

We were both major independents. Miami started playing Notre Dame in the 1950s, and before we joined the Big East, we played ANNUALLY for 19 out of 20 years in a row (only NOT playing Notre Dame in 1986 over a 20-year span)."
There’s a lot of irony in you saying I’m triggered here lol

Has anyone figured out of this account is plugged in or just somewhat adept at drawing a color by number of what’s already known over the endless expanse of what isn’t?

I’ve thought Miami was going to end up in the B10 for awhile, not with much info, mostly from game theory. I’ve looked at this account with as much validity as I’ve given myself. Happy to be wrong if theres evidence otherwise.
I’m fairly sure he’s plugged in. And he always says what things he knows nothing about and doesn’t try to act like his speculation on those things is worth any more than anyone else’s

Could be wrong but I’m guessing he has a few good connections and like anyone else no one is perfectly infallible

Advertisement
There’s a lot of irony in you saying I’m triggered here lol

Well, sadly, you lack self-awareness.

I made a valid comment on his misstatement and you leapt to his defense as if I had slapped your man-crush in the face.

I could care less about irony, but you're the one who got bent out of shape by me accurately criticizing a misstatement by a person WHO IS NOT EVEN YOU.

You should be lucky that I'm not a Gaytor fan who encourages people to drink Clorox products...

Last edited:
Great finding out we got into the AAU. This absolutely signals B10 are making us the priority with Notre Dame imo. I think what is happening is the B10 assumes (correctly imo) that Clemson and FSU will be much hard to pull from the SEC than we would be. I think that ND is their #1 priority which should be obvious. And Us, Clemson, and FSU are all in that same tier, but we fit culturally by far the best, so they likely are prioritizing us. I'm sure they're going to do whatever they can to add all 4 of us, but even if they go all out for Clemson and FSU, those two still are likely to choose SEC imo. Then from there UNC and UVA obviously make the most sense, with NCSt and VTech being the next 2 - which I can 100% see the SEC targeting if the B10 gets UNC and UVA...

VTech, NCSt, FSU, and maybe Louisville (as far as ACC schools) aren't likely super far off from being AAU members now either.

But yeah from AAU perspective - which is mainly research - we've always been FAR superior to FSU (and Notre Dame).

Great finding out we got into the AAU. This absolutely signals B10 are making us the priority with Notre Dame imo. I think what is happening is the B10 assumes (correctly imo) that Clemson and FSU will be much hard to pull from the SEC than we would be. I think that ND is their #1 priority which should be obvious. And Us, Clemson, and FSU are all in that same tier, but we fit culturally by far the best, so they likely are prioritizing us. I'm sure they're going to do whatever they can to add all 4 of us, but even if they go all out for Clemson and FSU, those two still are likely to choose SEC imo. Then from there UNC and UVA obviously make the most sense, with NCSt and VTech being the next 2 - which I can 100% see the SEC targeting if the B10 gets UNC and UVA...

VTech, NCSt, FSU, and maybe Louisville (as far as ACC schools) aren't likely super far off from being AAU members now either.

But yeah from AAU perspective - which is mainly research - we've always been FAR superior to FSU (and Notre Dame).
They value UNC more than UM.

Advertisement
Seeing a decent amount of banter regarding Georgia Tech's prospects. Not saying it would necessarily come down to an either/or with them and Pitt for a B1G invite but I think there might be some too hasty conclusions about who would actually win that battle- probably also fueled by baseless Big 12 speculation involving Pitt.

They're obviously not in first tier of coveted ACC programs but I wouldn't sleep on them getting a B1G invite IF that conference goes to max expansion and getting one over the likes of the Georgia Tech type schools.

They're a top 15 med school heavy into research in a decent size media market with a built in Pedo State rivalry AND now have both a chancellor and an AD (both women) with B1G ties. I think there would be more of a comfort level there with a lot of the current B1G leaders than with some of the potential alternatives in the South.

Seeing a decent amount of banter regarding Georgia Tech's prospects. Not saying it would necessarily come down to an either/or with them and Pitt for a B1G invite but I think there might be some too hasty conclusions about who would actually win that battle- probably also fueled by baseless Big 12 speculation involving Pitt.

They're obviously not in first tier of coveted ACC programs but I wouldn't sleep on them getting a B1G invite IF that conference goes to max expansion and getting one over the likes of the Georgia Tech type schools.

They're a top 15 med school heavy into research in a decent size media market with a built in Pedo State rivalry AND now have both a chancellor and an AD (both women) with B1G ties. I think there would be more of a comfort level there with a lot of the current B1G leaders than with some of the potential alternatives in the South.

All those things are valid.

But.

The Big 10 already has a school in PA, and no school in GA. If they are looking to expand the footprint...

All those things are valid.

But.

The Big 10 already has a school in PA, and no school in GA. If they are looking to expand the footprint...
Absolutely valid too. I just think that if we're at the point of valuing things like AAU membership and "culture" fits when trying to channel the B1G mindset on this front that it might not be a giant leap to think their main concern in the "deep" South (that term loosely applied just for the sake of this conversation) is just the Florida imprint.

Not saying it would be my specific strategy (I'd f*ck with the SEC wherever I could) but they also might gauge the value of the Georgia imprint in both tv and recruiting based specifically upon perceived notions of GT's ability (or inability) to be remotely competitive with UGA in relevance in the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Well, sadly, you lack self-awareness.

I made a valid comment on his misstatement and you leapt to his defense as if I had slapped your man-crush in the face.

I could care less about irony, but you're the one who got bent out of shape by me accurately criticizing a misstatement by a person WHO IS NOT EVEN YOU.

You should be lucky that I'm not a Gaytor fan who encourages people to drink Clorox products...
okay, not gonna be the latest to fall into a 49 page argument with you

That was my exact first thought as well. Seems like the clues are being dropped that it's going to be B1G for us. I couldn't be more excited especially if ND joins as well. That will be an amazing move for us and the pod structure that someone posted the other day with us in a division with Penn State, UNC and 2 others was a great idea.

maybe, but i doubt it.
Just want to point out that Carol Folt, current president of USC and noted as being on the AAU board, is the former president of UNC....... They are desirable for both academic and athletic reasons...

An aside to this, UNC has the largest fan base for 247 sports - greatest number of subscriptions....

Advertisement
Back