MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Probably Washington and Oregon, too
Im not sure they end up joining the Big 10. I know there was interest originally but Ross Dellinger said that USC & UCLA told the Big 10 that they don’t want any other schools from the west coast joining the Big 10.

It’s also been put in here that the Big 10 sees more value adding teams from Florida and the east coast, more than the west coast.

That can all change though!

Also I think if the PAC-12 new TV deal is signed, Oregon & Washington to Big 10 is dead

The tea leaves do seem to support your theory. Miami gives the B1G a premiere brand down in Florida and inwards into a fertile recruiting area. I believe the B1G is most likely adding ND as well. I was more for the SEC when this topic was hot and heavy last year because of keeping games in the region, but there's definitely some traditional rivalries that would be super attractive for Miami and the B1G conference.

Miami vs ND
Miami vs Penn St
Miami vs Ohio St
Miami vs Nebraska
Miami vs USC
Miami vs UCLA

All those games would bring in big numbers for viewership.

Right? People keep talking about the "boring" B1G.

Imagine a conference with MIAMI, ND, O$U, MICH and USC? Massive, iconic national brands.

Then layer on PSU, UCLA, and NEB as you said. WISKY would be fun too. Great college town.

And we'd play games at Rutgers and MD which is good for the alumni. That's NYC and DC. And NW and ILL as well, Chicago/alumni trips.

Plus who we bring with us. Not bad.

Imagine a conference with MIAMI, ND, O$U, MICH and USC? Massive, iconic national brands.

Then layer on PSU, UCLA, and NEB as you said. WISKY would be fun too. Great college town.

And we'd play games at Rutgers and MD which is good for the alumni. That's NYC and DC. And NW and ILL as well, Chicago/alumni trips.

Sure, there's some boring options as well

Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Northwestern
Illinois
Iowa

However, the SEC would have boring teams also

South Carolina
Missouri
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Mississippi St.

If we're actually progressing to the point where the "less desirable" schools like Vag Tech and NC State can see the writing on the wall and are possibly scurrying like rats on a sinking ship to try to save themselves and join "alliances" thennnnn we're probably a whole lot closer to things happening and a nightmare crashing down on the Dooks, Wakes, etc of the ACC world.

My only regret if this plays out the way I anticipate/hope is that ALL of the Carolina schools won't get screwed. They ran this godforsaken conference as a hoops mafia and they all should pay the price and be left like the Big East schools that were abandoned.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wanna talk boring? Throw up Auburn vs Kentucky on my screen on a Saturday afternoon with Gary Danielson on the broadcast.

F outta here. The "potential" B1G would be 1000x more interesting than a regional conference appealing to the NASCAR crowd and sponsors.

Wanna talk boring? Throw up Auburn vs Kentucky on my screen on a Saturday afternoon with Gary Danielson on the broadcast.

F outta here. The "potential" B1G would be 1000x more interesting than a regional conference appealing to the NASCAR crowd and sponsors.

If you ain’t cheatin, you ain’t tryin… Saturdays and Sundays..

face it the ACC schedule has always been terrible for our local fanbase. just not interesting annual home slate of games.

Advertisement

I wouldn't lump Auburn into the same category as UK. Auburn would be on par with a Penn St of the B1G. In addition, they just hired Hugh Freeze who is a **** of coach that puts a decent offense on the field.

face it the ACC schedule has always been terrible for our local fanbase. just not interesting annual home slate of games.
I wouldn't argue against that. Thankfully we at least have always scheduled strong OOC and have a legit rivalry game. If you're just a generic ACC school that doesn't have a strong rivalry game and doesn't/can't schedule big OOC games then it must be/have been often miserable.

Advertisement
Some obvious points:
- Any conference we land will bring new opponents.

- There would definitely be a step down of those opponents in the Big 12.

- BIG and SEC have some big time programs, in college football towns, that will bring good crowds to Miami and be a fun cycle for away games…

I prefer the BIG with ND…

Let’s ******* walk in and win!

I would love it if espn was forced to carry the ACC network with only wake Forest, BC and Georgia Tech thru 2036

Obvi that won’t happen, but F espn

That seems like an eminently fair and karmic solution to the rectal penetration ESPN delivered to the ACC a few years ago.

You, sir, have the wisdom of Solomon.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, one of them is Dan.

I think the primary push was to get the ACCN. At the time, we were the last of the P5 to get a network.

ESPN took advantage of our desdesperation.
And then delayed the actual creation of said network.

Carolina Cokehead John Skipper can go eff himself. No wonder he likes David Samson. Two scumbags. One just masks it better with a faux genteel accent.

I would prefer a situation where we play in the Big 10, but play FSU & UF every year for a state championship. But that is a heck of an OOC schedule to be guaranteed every year... it's easier to pull off when FSU is in conference. Basically would lock in the OOC e every year to look like UF, FSU, Bethune Cookman and Temple. It's not totally different from what we do now, it's just after a few years the OOC would be really boring and I think we'd want to play different SEC teams.

Unfortunately, one of them is Dan.

I think the primary push was to get the ACCN. At the time, we were the last of the P5 to get a network.

ESPN took advantage of our desperation.
I may be wrong, but it wasn't even the initial deal to push ACCN though that was so bad. That would have expired in 2-3 years. It was extending it to 2036 that was insane.

Advertisement
Back