MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This YouTuber T.J. Pittinger is a Nole, so take it FWIW.

He says the so-called "Magnificent 7" only need one more school (possibly the Leprechauns, Louisville or Pitt) to become No. 8. Said he's talked with a lawyer who's seen the GoR.

"You need one more team to vote to dissolve the grant of rights and we're done, we're out. You don't play the S120M buyout. You're not on the hook for $300-400M up to $700M (GoR penalties) for the media rights deal that ESPN and the ACC own. You're one team away from being out scot-free — and being able to move past this nightmare of a media rights deal that Florida State, Miami and others have been hampered by."

Also said Notre Dame has talked to both the B1G and SEC.

ACC Finished?

The discussions being had now are what happens to the bottom half of acc schools. None of them would vote “yes” until they knew what their new future looked like

Hence the heavy war room type meetings and negotiations going on with the other conferences

Advertisement
Once the ACC crumbles, there's a Zero.Point.Zero chance the Gators or Noles schedule us in football if we're not in the SEC with them.
Agree. Being in the BIG might mean dropping an FCS opponent so there could potentially be an open week, but I imagine there will be more conference games in the Super Conference era. Hard to imagine what the non-conference games would look like. Any games with FSU or UF would likely be an occasional home/home series.

There was others here too but yeah. Ferman and others said “ those rumors were crazy“.
Cribs you think we find out sooner rather than later where this is heading as it relates to the ACC? Saw something that Louisville jumped on board as an 8th school along with the other 7. Just curious if this is still years away or if you think this ball gets rolling sooner now that the “media” is reporting it

I believe UM already has a deal in place with the B1G, if they were to successfully leave the ACC. I don’t think Rad would leave the ACC and have us assed out. People have been saying that UM is appealing to the B1G for a while now, including some media members. And I don’t think they’re saying that for no reason.

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

We can still reach our goals in the B1G, and, crucially, we'll be on equal financial footing with the top programs.

I'll probably miss football games against FSU and UF as much as anybody on this board, but so be it. Life goes on.

I'll just root for other teams to kick the ever-living **** out of the Gators and Noles. That's not gonna change.

Advertisement
So if 8 teams agree to dissolve the ACC does that mean that it is effective immediately? Or do you think they will all say we all have agreed to dissolve the ACC in 2024 or 2025?

I would imagine it is too late to join another conference this year, but I don't see how you can vote to dissolve the ACC without it being immediate.

Wouldn't be the end of the world.

We can still reach our goals in the B1G, and, crucially, we'll be on equal financial footing with the top programs.

I'll probably miss football games against FSU and UF as much as anybody on this board, but so be it. Life goes on.

I'll just root for other teams to kick the ever-living **** out of the Gators and Noles. That's not gonna change.
I’d hope that we can keep FSU on schedule to boost the Out Of Conference resume. But at that point, idk if it’ll matter still

So if 8 teams agree to dissolve the ACC does that mean that it is effective immediately. Or do you think they will all say we all have agreed to dissolve the ACC in 2024 or 2025.

I would imagine it is too late to join another conference this year, but I don't see how you can vote to dissolve the ACC without it being immediate.

You can dissolve the conference "as of" an effective date. There are still "notice provisions" and signed contracts involving the 2023-2024 season for all sports.

Now we just need to dissolve our adidas contract.

Advertisement
I believe UM already has a deal in place with the B1G, if they were to successfully leave the ACC. I don’t think Rad would leave the ACC and have us assed out. People have been saying that UM is appealing to the B1G for a while now, including some media members. And I don’t think they’re saying that for no reason.

The tea leaves do seem to support your theory. Miami gives the B1G a premiere brand down in Florida and inwards into a fertile recruiting area. I believe the B1G is most likely adding ND as well. I was more for the SEC when this topic was hot and heavy last year because of keeping games in the region, but there's definitely some traditional rivalries that would be super attractive for Miami and the B1G conference.

Miami vs ND
Miami vs Penn St
Miami vs Ohio St
Miami vs Nebraska
Miami vs USC
Miami vs UCLA

All those games would bring in big numbers for viewership.

Dabo is not present at the meetings this year. The conference fined him $10K for missing it. Seems the conference meetings were moved to an earlier date this year and Sweeney had a family European vacation planned for a long time and declined to alter his plans.
Not a fan of him in general, but if this is true - good for him

Advertisement
The tea leaves do seem to support your theory. Miami gives the B1G a premiere brand down in Florida and inwards into a fertile recruiting area. I believe the B1G is most likely adding ND as well. I was more for the SEC when this topic was hot and heavy last year because of keeping games in the region, but there's definitely some traditional rivalries that would be super attractive for Miami and the B1G conference.

Miami vs ND
Miami vs Penn St
Miami vs Ohio St
Miami vs Nebraska
Miami vs USC
Miami vs UCLA

All those games would bring in big numbers for viewership.
Add you can add new games like Michigan, which is a huge brand as well. Can add Wisconsin and that’ll be a “oh **** not you again” game lol

That’s been in place for like 5 years or so now then right?

Yes. The 4-pager that floats around on the internet was apparently UNC's copy, which they left lying around, apparently.

I have not yet seen the longer, more recent version anywhere. Yet.

Though with THIS news, someone is bound to leak it soon.

Advertisement
Add you can add new games like Michigan, which is a huge brand as well. Can add Wisconsin and that’ll be a “oh **** not you again” game lol

Lol on Wisconsin. We really need to beat those guys. Yeah, we've not played Michigan enough to build a rivalry, but yes those are huge matchups as well.

No one is leaving anywhere or dissolving anything without a landing place and the future all mapped out. It might be publicly done in stages, but its all pre-engineered.

Advertisement
Back