MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Im not saying that as a bad thing. Both are UM guys, program builders, excellent recruiters and had lots of success elsewhere. I actually think Schiano is a good college coach so not sure why so many are taking it as an insult. I haven't ever claimed Schiano is a bad coach, I though he would have been a solid replacement for Richt- much, much better than Diaz. Program would probably would be roughly same place with Schiano as we are now with Cristobal. Flipped though - better defensive recruiting, not as good recruiting on OL. The big knock is salary difference, Cristobal makes about twice as much as Schiano, so the real question is whether he's twice as good. I leave that to the peanut gallery to decide.

Advertisement
UM is a national brand, so I like that the B1G will be a coast to coast conference. We should get a bunch of exposure in California in the B1G, so if you give Cristobal access to Cali recruits and S FL recruits, it's going to be lit. Would be nice to have a Texas market too, but I don't see any school that could be part of B1G except Baylor (not a big fan base) or Houston (huge market but not academic profile).

UM is a national brand, so I like that the B1G will be a coast to coast conference. We should get a bunch of exposure in California in the B1G, so if you give Cristobal access to Cali recruits and S FL recruits, it's going to be lit. Would be nice to have a Texas market too, but I don't see any school that could be part of B1G except Baylor (not a big fan base) or Houston (huge market but not academic profile).

Texas was incredibly desired by the Big 10. That's why the SEC worked in secrecy.

Wanna talk boring? Throw up Auburn vs Kentucky on my screen on a Saturday afternoon with Gary Danielson on the broadcast.

F outta here. The "potential" B1G would be 1000x more interesting than a regional conference appealing to the NASCAR crowd and sponsors.
And, to piggy back a little, though he may be more cross-eyed than a bat, Gus Johnson is the best announcer in all of sports.

Advertisement
so were going to the acc to dominate waaaaay back when now were going to 10 or sec for money…got it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back