MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Got to think that today's B1G report only adds pressure to the SEC to quickly further talks in back channels to certain schools, like Miami. @Boarcane has been the one all over this, along with some @Cribby nuggets as well.

What you said was in regards to SMU to begin with and how can they build an on campus stadium but UM can’t and then you broadened it to the Gables.

View attachment 200752
View attachment 200757
View attachment 200758

You went on to say that UM could pack city meetings with people, re-write the zoning ordinances and do what we want in Coral Gables but we won’t.

It just doesn’t work like you want it to.

This has already been litigated. These are your own words…

27FA715C-D00E-463C-B6FA-E77F3C95844F.png

B1EC8059-7B37-468C-ACD9-E45A8231A989.png

This has already been litigated. These are your own words…

View attachment 200782

View attachment 200783
I was actually right when I said it and wrong there. You did say it by saying that you don’t understand how SMU can build a stadium on campus and UM can’t. Your words. Then it evolved to Coral Gables as a whole and that’s fine but the impetus was a stadium on SMU’s campus and not on Miami’s

Advertisement
I was actually right when I said it and wrong there. You did say it by saying that you don’t understand how SMU can build a stadium on campus and UM can’t. Your words. Then it evolved to Coral Gables as a whole and that’s fine but the impetus was a stadium on SMU’s campus and not on Miami’s

You’re arguing with yourself now, I don’t want to be the third wheel.

You don’t want to give me credit for my correct predictions that’s understandable…there is a saying after all, “a prophet is never accepted in his own town.” Not that this applies to me, you chose the words “martyred savant” not me, but as an observation of human nature I just find it interesting and often true.

I’ll step away from this discussion. I don’t want to be responsible for derailing an interesting thread, truly. I wasn’t looking for an argument.

This is the new college football. BIG10 in play and I’m sure the SEC doesn’t want them down in South Florida. With our new commitment to athletics and our brand being what it is… I’m confident that we won’t get left out. Now it’s all about which conference our administration thinks will suit us best on and off the field View attachment 200734
We are not really discussing the incredible differences in Academics between SEC and B1X. It is huge the disparity. Football aside it’s all B1X for the U. If $$$ close I would not be surprised if the U goes B1X. I will be surprised if the U chooses the SEC.

Advertisement
Some real bizarre **** going on in this thread over issues that we completely litigated a long time ago.

See the photo below. You simply bulldoze the area enclosed in the green circle and that's moar than enough land for a Baylor-esque on-campus stadium.

View attachment 200764

It's 2022. The entire catalog of the library should be digitized and moved online. Academic buildings are just brick & mortar. You use eminent domain to seize Coral Gables High and move classes there. You then educate the displaced high school students in the Watsco Center- Hurricane Katrina style. It's high school not medical school. They should just be glad that we're leaving the a/c on for them.

Close thread.
From cardboard college to international and global acclaim to correspondence school with a football team.

Advertisement
I expect Oregon and Washington with a 1 or 2 more to join the Big 10. Just speculation.

Advertisement
Is anyone else torn as to whether the Canes should go to Big 10 vs. SEC?

Big 10 is better cultural fit, more $$$, some interesting national games, possible ND rivalry renewal, possible end of FSU rivalry, and further decline of the Gator rivalry.

SEC is better geographic fit, Gator rivalry renewal, more than likely continuation of FSU rivalry as they are likely going to SEC.

Is anyone else torn as to whether the Canes should go to Big 10 vs. SEC?

Big 10 is better cultural fit, more $$$, some interesting national games, possible ND rivalry renewal, possible end of FSU rivalry, and further decline of the Gator rivalry.

SEC is better geographic fit, Gator rivalry renewal, more than likely continuation of FSU rivalry as they are likely going to SEC.
Seems like the natural reaction of the SEC is to add Clemson, UM, FSU and UNC. Lock up the major programs on the East Coast. Down the road a few years it will be West Coast NCAA vs East Coast NCAA.

IF B1G were to add Cal, Stanford, UW and Oregon. Does that mean they're done or would expand to 24?? This next round of realignment will be very interesting!!

Advertisement
Back