MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Let assume both Big Ten/SEC both stop at 24 teams piece. What happens to other 70 somthing teams, bowl games, ncaa tournament?
Our both conference just playing 12 game conference schedule. How does that effect the school like fiu, fau, cookman and famu??
my guess is that those teams would continue to play their Go5 schedules, with maybe a separate Go5 playoff.

Advertisement
Well, the Big 10 was content to play the PAC 12 in the Rose Bowl in LA every year, so who knows. Wait a minute, with the Big 10 taking away USC and UCLA, the Rose Bowl is pretty much dead as the PAC 10 is on life support. This Las Vegas Bowl game (a Desert Rose Bowl if you will), could take its place as a New Year's 6 game.

Have the PAC 10 and ACC combine to sign one big TV deal to cover both conferences. This could actually work if ND would agree to join the "alliance". The ACC could have its 15 teams (with ND) and the PAC 10 add 5 of the best Big 12 teams (say Okla St., BYU, Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech). Each conference plays an 8 game schedule with 2 games against the other conference (let ND play Stanford every year if they want). 30 teams all across the country. Still play 2 separate conference championship games so that money is split as well.

It could be interesting. Extremely doubtful, but then again, who thought USC and UCLA in the Big 10?
The main problem with this is that, even though this super conference would make more revenue than PAC-12/ACC alone, when you divide it amongst 30 schools, you're not making much more (ACC probably makes more because current deal is that ******, but nothing compared to SEC/B1G money). To up the share of money each school brings in, you need to bring in football programs people want to watch. Teams added need to be worth more than your current average team to increase the conference revenue. Making a huge mediocre conference doesn't help much.

Advertisement
Do you really believe we haven't won the ACC Championship because we got some sort of targeted "Tobacco Road ******** Over?" I'd say it had a helluva lot more to do with our coaches, schemes, resources and players.
I don't think he was saying we haven't won because of officiating. Just two separate events. We haven't won while we've been here which is embarrassing, and the officiating has been terrible

IMHO this isn't a BIG 10 VS SEC battle, this is a ESPN/Disney vs New Fox battle. As someone who has worked for both company's I can tell you that post merger "New Fox" needs live sports more than anything else and the Murdoch's will over spend for them, hence USC/UCLA move. But subscriber growth of ESPN+ is also critical to Disney so they are in the strange position of potentially killing a sweetheart deal (ACC Rights) to improve another deal (SEC Rights).

What could make this really entertaining is if CBS or a new entity (Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) decides to get in the game and try to make Big 12 or Pac 12 carcass relevant. Considering CBS owns 247 and March Madness seems weird they've completely given up the fight in college football.

The business machinations of the future of televised sports are fascinating to me. I think our Canes are positioned well thanks to Rad, Cristobal, Frenk etc.

If I had to bet ESPN won't let go of Canes rights as they've already seen the power and potential of the brand.
Was thinking the same things. The only two that would not collaborate are Disney/Comcast. All others in concept could happen. The next deals for the Big 10 and Notre Dame will drive this, along with the panic moved of the 3 outside conferences. I doubt ESPN just lets go of CFB.

Advertisement
According to The Athletic (Matt Fortuna and Andy Staples) the four teams targeted by the SEC *could* be FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA.
Miami not mentioned, FWIW.

If this is the ACC response to the Big 10, they might as well pack it up and head home. No way in **** should we go for this.
Exactly. GTFO on anything deemed a "loose" partnership in this era. This would be about as beneficial for us as the "alliance" was.

Anything that doesn't begin with a formal announcement of Notre Dame joining the ACC as a full member (and even that would have questionable long-term efficacy) is nothing more than delaying the inevitable and will hurt any school that stays with the sinking ship a moment longer than their options allow.

Advertisement
According to The Athletic (Matt Fortuna and Andy Staples) the four teams targeted by the SEC *could* be FSU, Clemson, UNC and UVA.
Miami not mentioned, FWIW.

Take what UF Andy and his Gayturd sauces say with a grain of salt. This UNC narrative they've ALL glommed onto is quite comical as well. Yes, UNC is definitely an attractive school overall but these clowns are essentially putting it just a notch below Notre Dame in these discussions.

When Feldman corroborates any of this "reportage" at The Athletic then pay attention. All I've heard him say is Miami is an attractive school/market to both conferences but the main thing right now (and for all ACC schools) is killing the GoR.

Take what UF Andy and his Gayturd sauces say with a grain of salt. This UNC narrative they've ALL glommed onto is quite comical as well. Yes, UNC is definitely an attractive school overall but these clowns are essentially putting it just a notch below Notre Dame in these discussions.

When Feldman corroborates any of this "reportage" at The Athletic then pay attention. All I've heard him say is Miami is an attractive school/market to both conferences but the main thing right now (and for all ACC schools) is killing the GoR.

National media won’t let that Tobacco Road mafia die in silence.

Advertisement
Come on guys. How great will it be to start an SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!! chant late in the 4th quarter of a huge home win over Bama, Georgia, or Florida? This would be an epic troll, especially once we are also members.

Ruling: chant permitted when trolling and making fun of said chant from within.

Last edited:
The main problem with this is that, even though this super conference would make more revenue than PAC-12/ACC alone, when you divide it amongst 30 schools, you're not making much more (ACC probably makes more because current deal is that ******, but nothing compared to SEC/B1G money). To up the share of money each school brings in, you need to bring in football programs people want to watch. Teams added need to be worth more than your current average team to increase the conference revenue. Making a huge mediocre conference doesn't help much.

Guys, it’s not complicated. Everyone stop overthinking this.

New CFP landscape:

Power-2
Group of everyone else

1657113265138.png

I'm tired of the irrational attacks on Shalala.

What were our options? HONESTLY?

The Big East was garbage, particularly on the money side. The ACC money was fantastic, and we have not "never won the conference" because of the refs. Plus, we've won the conference in basketball and baseball, so it's obvious that we have a FOOTBALL problem, not an "ACC" or an "ACC refs" problem.

The SEC was not going to take UM in the 2000s. The Big 10 was not going to take UM in the 2000s. And I have been predicting the demise of the Big 12 since the 2000s, because their business model (overreliance on Texas) was insane.

So please stop with "the treasure troll sold us to the ACC for big money" stuff. It was the best possible move at the time. SERIOUSLY, what were our alternatives? I'm really curious here.
Not to mention Shalala was instrumental in starting UHealth, which has turned into a cash cow for UM and is a big part of why football is getting the funds now it never has before.

Advertisement
Back