MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Money is going to be two great. Most likely 100 million per team. I believe someone mentioned in the thread that UF and USCe negotiating divisions. I’m sure not wanting to be in the same with their counterparts.
That is what I am hearing here in Columbia as well....SC does not want their game against Clemson to count in their division, same with UF, they want Miami and FSU in a different division

That is what I am hearing here in Columbia as well....SC does not want their game against Clemson to count in their division, same with UF, they want Miami and FSU in a different division

I have an easy solution, put all the ACC teams in their own pod. Toss in Vandy as well.

Advertisement
Anyone see what Lake said? He was pretty plugged during the Mario hiring process.

What did he say?

You guys know I share a lot of articles here, but there was nothing in that worth sharing. And he and Gabby even prefaced it with the disclaimer that there wasn't anything earth shattering to share right now. They were just covering the broad strokes for their readers who aren't sick fvcks like us.

Here's the thing... @RVACane is not wrong...

BUT, I think we are gonna get big-timed BY ANY CONFERENCE.

Big 10 is gonna treat us like we're the Clampetts,
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:
like we fired a shotgun in John Ruiz's backyard and hit a rich vein of money. Pac 12 would schedule all their meetings for 5 pm PST. Big 12 is Texas, we all know everything is bigger/better in Texas, and those mofos would give us all the dry brisket at the conference meetings.

Yeah, the ACC has held us down, but I wouldn't expect a warm welcome ANYWHERE. Politics and power dynamics...they are what they are.

The ONLY way that Miami would ever have power is if we stayed in the ACC, the SEC took UNC/NC State, the Big 10 took Duke/Wake, and then the remaining ACC did a hostile takeover of the Big 12.

Then and only then would Miami be able to rub its balls across the collective faces of WVU, UCF, Cincy, and the Texas wannabes.
But what fun is that. We want to do it against Semonholes, gators and other high-brows.

Is this Blake James burner account? What the **** is this nonsense? Why on earth are you scrambling to find ways to stay in an awful Basketball conference when two big boy football conferences are being formed?
Well, we're not in one of those 2 conferences yet. Hopefully we get in. Plus, I don't like how college football will be changed by basically consolidating down to 2 conferences. Some of the best parts of college football will be disrupted - rivalries, traditions, etc.

I doubt this suggestion would come close to Big 10 or SEC money. However, it would be a countrywide assemblage of TV markets, which is what seems to be a key factor in conference expansion.

Advertisement
Not sure what you are talking about. If you are talking about prestige or grant funding, may be. Hate to say it, but Miami is also a new kid on the block in terms of prestige. And I am an alum.
So is FSU.

The World News rankings don't fully address academic standing and takes into account numerous non-academic factors. It's used mostly for bragging rights. This has been discussed numerous times on this board. @TheOriginalCane or @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can opine at this better than I can.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The main problem with this is that, even though this super conference would make more revenue than PAC-12/ACC alone, when you divide it amongst 30 schools, you're not making much more (ACC probably makes more because current deal is that ******, but nothing compared to SEC/B1G money). To up the share of money each school brings in, you need to bring in football programs people want to watch. Teams added need to be worth more than your current average team to increase the conference revenue. Making a huge mediocre conference doesn't help much.
More than likely you are correct, but it would be interesting to see what kind of TV contract would be offered. If TV markets are key, this conglomeration would cover the entire US, every major market on the East Coast and West Coast, along with Mountain Time Zone, and Texas.

Miami, ND, Clemson, FSU, VT, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Oklahoma State, and Baylor would be a pretty decent slate of schools.

Advertisement
So is FSU.

The World News rankings don't fully address academic standing and takes into account numerous non-academic factors. It's used mostly for bragging rights. This has been discussed numerous times on this board. @TheOriginalCane or @OriginalCanesCanesCanes can opine at this better than I can.
If indeed we have sunk to FSUs level academically, some parents should be asking for some $$$ back.

Miami shoot themselves in the foot when the ACC came out with the schedule change through 2026. Miami is now stuck

Advertisement
Back