MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Ridiculous example. Did you expect the other 13 SEC teams to deny Texas, the crown jewel of teams the SEC could get and a massive, massive money generator admission because TAMU wanted regional exclusivity? That's actually why everyone gets a vote, to keep petty, selfish wants by one school from preventing what is best for the conference from being achieved.

The money, rights, and everything else are equal, by rule. Once you're in, you're in. We get what Alabama gets. Which is the same thing Vandy gets.

I'll ask you again, what unfair treatment are you worried about homie?
No this is an incomplete and/or uneducated assessment of the Texas situation compared to our situation - and admittedly, with the addition of Oklahoma and the Texas schools - this may negate the historical issue of UGA, UiF and SC - who it’s a known open secret, have a gentleman’s agreement to vote with each other to keep Clemson, GT, Miami and FSU out of the SEC.

As I mentioned, adding the newer schools should help us in a vote in today’s SEC. But really, if you think that Bama and LSU and UGA and the gator are going to leave us unchecked if we are mass taking the recruits they feel entitled to, and have been getting, there’s no way those boys won’t try to level out our advantages. And they can play all kinds of games to undermine us without violating the US Constitution under the guise of fair competition. Lol

All that said, we have no choice. We have to go to one of em so whatever it is, hopefully will work out fairly.

Advertisement
The loose partnership

Attachments

• rowan-dodds-3-way-dance.jpg
    rowan-dodds-3-way-dance.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 9
  • gettyimages-180698732-170667a.jpg
    gettyimages-180698732-170667a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 9
Advertisement
I hate this so much and hope we block anything like this if it ever became serious. I hate it on its merit and it annoys me even more that the acc would be ok with the championship game being in Las Vegas. Why not Jerry World and make it a more centralized location.
Well, the Big 10 was content to play the PAC 12 in the Rose Bowl in LA every year, so who knows. Wait a minute, with the Big 10 taking away USC and UCLA, the Rose Bowl is pretty much dead as the PAC 10 is on life support. This Las Vegas Bowl game (a Desert Rose Bowl if you will), could take its place as a New Year's 6 game.

Have the PAC 10 and ACC combine to sign one big TV deal to cover both conferences. This could actually work if ND would agree to join the "alliance". The ACC could have its 15 teams (with ND) and the PAC 10 add 5 of the best Big 12 teams (say Okla St., BYU, Kansas, Baylor, and Texas Tech). Each conference plays an 8 game schedule with 2 games against the other conference (let ND play Stanford every year if they want). 30 teams all across the country. Still play 2 separate conference championship games so that money is split as well.

It could be interesting. Extremely doubtful, but then again, who thought USC and UCLA in the Big 10?

I hate this so much and hope we block anything like this if it ever became serious. I hate it on its merit and it annoys me even more that the acc would be ok with the championship game being in Las Vegas. Why not Jerry World and make it a more centralized location.
If the Las Vegas game is not a conference championship game, but rather a game against the 2 conference champions like the Rose Bowl was, I would imagine it would take the Rose Bowl's place on the New Year's 6 schedule. The Cotton Bowl is already played at Jerry's World.

How about this for an idea? Rotate the game between Las Vegas and the Orange Bowl each year?

IMHO this isn't a BIG 10 VS SEC battle, this is a ESPN/Disney vs New Fox battle. As someone who has worked for both company's I can tell you that post merger "New Fox" needs live sports more than anything else and the Murdoch's will over spend for them, hence USC/UCLA move. But subscriber growth of ESPN+ is also critical to Disney so they are in the strange position of potentially killing a sweetheart deal (ACC Rights) to improve another deal (SEC Rights).

What could make this really entertaining is if CBS or a new entity (Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) decides to get in the game and try to make Big 12 or Pac 12 carcass relevant. Considering CBS owns 247 and March Madness seems weird they've completely given up the fight in college football.

The business machinations of the future of televised sports are fascinating to me. I think our Canes are positioned well thanks to Rad, Cristobal, Frenk etc.

If I had to bet ESPN won't let go of Canes rights as they've already seen the power and potential of the brand.
So, New Fox would be killing its own deal with the PAC 12 to make the Big 10 deal that much better? Like what you are describing what ESPN is doing with the ACC?

You’re right about the SEC treating us poorly, but I wonder why you think the B1G would be any better? I don’t think there’s a conference out there that will treat us as anything but a carpetbagger team.
I agree to an extent and this is in line with @wspcane ’s points on this. I just think they’re a little less fanatical and we’d get a somewhat better shake in the B1G. I do think that they’ll have their favorites as well but I think the dirty tricks will be fewer and less pervasive given the differences in mentality we’d be dealing with.

Advertisement
No this is an incomplete and/or uneducated assessment of the Texas situation compared to our situation - and admittedly, with the addition of Oklahoma and the Texas schools - this may negate the historical issue of UGA, UiF and SC - who it’s a known open secret, have a gentleman’s agreement to vote with each other to keep Clemson, GT, Miami and FSU out of the SEC.

As I mentioned, adding the newer schools should help us in a vote in today’s SEC. But really, if you think that Bama and LSU and UGA and the gator are going to leave us unchecked if we are mass taking the recruits they feel entitled to, and have been getting, there’s no way those boys won’t try to level out our advantages. And they can play all kinds of games to undermine us without violating the US Constitution under the guise of fair competition. Lol

All that said, we have no choice. We have to go to one of em so whatever it is, hopefully will work out fairly.

Texas and OU don't get a vote on anything until they are fully admitted members. If the "SEC" is looking to invite us like @Boarcane says, you can be assured a straw vote has already been taken. Nothing is left to chance. This isn't a movie with a dramatic voting scene.:) TAMU even ended up voting for TX as they saw the writing on the wall, were told to get in line, as the SEC wanted a united front. PR and such.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent and this is in line with @wspcane ’s points on this. I just think they’re a little less fanatical and we’d get a somewhat better shake in the B1G. I do think that they’ll have their favorites as well but I think the dirty tricks will be fewer and less pervasive given the differences in mentality we’d be dealing with.
Don't know if you're right about that, but it is hard to picture a conference being bigger d*cks than the SEC.

Excellent point there. But it would ease the pain if UNC follows us to the SEC and loses all the favoritism and nepotism and have to scratch for everything they get since they're no longer the golden child. Not saying it would be worth it, but it would ease the pain.

I really don't like either option.

I want no part of cold weather games in the B10 and we'd switch from being the red-headed step child in the ACC to the red-headed step child with freckles in the SEC. Would that much change?
I hate the ACC good ole boys. Believe me. I lived in the mid-Atlantic for most of my adult life. It would be better to be in the SEC than the ACC because the ACC is going to become like the Big East when we left it.

Texas and OU don't get a vote on anything until they are fully admitted members. If the "SEC" is looking to invite us like @Boarcane says, you can be assured a straw vote has already been taken. Nothing is left to chance. This isn't a movie with a dramatic voting scene.:) TAMU even ended up voting for TX as they saw the writing on the wall, and they didn't want to ruin a united SEC front. PR and such.
Yup. It’s probably done or will be. I agree. I don’t think UiF, UGA and SC can stop this train given current dynamics and if they’re going to lose they’d be stupid to vote that way for PR purposes, though in the case of the gator… lol

Advertisement
Idk where ur from Bender, but those from the South know what's up. Hate to say it but just because they'll let a minority become a prrofessor in SEC schools (which admittedly is progress from 50 years ago)....but you'll be hard pressed to find a School President....or a HC for that matter.

I don't like to speak on this stuff because it only divides ppl, and we need more than ever to all come together. However, it's not that hard to see if you're willing to just stop thinking for a moment and open ur eyes. Believe what you see because it's real.

Now RVA, myself, and others might be wrong and eat crow on this one....but it's not hard to see why we would think this way.
Listen, I understand the sentiment towards the programs in the SEC, the SEC itself and Greg Sankey.

However, all these moves and the plans of these superconferences are being done with one thing in mind: Money. Not because of personal relations, not because it looks nicer, its all about the money. And they leave that money on the table letting teams join and then restricting them and making them uncompetitve.

We will join the SEC. And if we are not competitive there, it will not be because of them. And by no means am I a SEC lover, I just don't see how a conference would add teams to maximize money and then make these teams uncompetitve which would result in boring, easy-to-predict games.

Advertisement
Listen, I understand the sentiment towards the programs in the SEC, the SEC itself and Greg Sankey.

However, all these moves and the plans of these superconferences are being done with one thing in mind: Money. Not because of personal relations, not because it looks nicer, its all about the money. And they leave that money on the table letting teams join and then restricting them and making them uncompetitve.

We will join the SEC. And if we are not competitive there, it will not be because of them. And by no means am I a SEC lover, I just don't see how a conference would add teams to maximize money and then make these teams uncompetitve which would result in boring, easy-to-predict games.
I wouldn’t put anything past them but there’s no debate really as we know we need to get out of the ACC and the SEC is likely where we end up so there’s no choice. We just have to hope that it’s better for us there than Tobacco Road was and we will be able to function as we need to for our success.

This is the same exact argument that was made when the treasure troll sold us to the ACC for big money.

As we all know, that was a giant disaster, as we’ve never won the conference, and have gotten screwed over by the refs in every sport (but specially football), on a yearly basis.

These ***kers will do anything in their power to keep us down once we’re in their conference. They cannot allow Mario and Miami to flourish, for that would mean the end of the reign for the $EC blue bloods, and they will not allow that. Those ***kers eat, breathe, and sleep football, and the good ole boy network would sell their children to satan if it means that they’ll hoist the trophy at the end of each season.

All these discussions around, "what if these two conferences merge or what if the ACC got that or this team" are completely meaningless. It's over. I don't know how people don't understand that yet. Everyone not invited to the BIG10 or SEC are going to have to completely restructure college football from the ground up.

Honestly, they could make a better product than the BIG10/SEC if they accept their fate and try and return to what makes college football so fun.

Advertisement
Back