MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Agree with Vandy. Old school. In the last 20 years UF, UM, TX are the next group. When did TX and GA make a jump? UF and FSU made a jump too. The new USNWR ranking is kind of suspect.

Don't forget Texas A&M, which is a member of the AAU. That's why it's hard to trust US News for "academic" rankings.

Advertisement
Those "A-C-C!" chants were always sarcastic/mocking in nature.
You’re giving the fan base too much credit.

Scroll through this thread a bit to see that it turned from breaking news of Miami and Clemson leaving the ACC to fretting about lack of Thursday Night games, a softball program we don’t have and the US News and World Report rankings amidst other ramblings…

Advertisement
^​
What the **** happened to that guy? I feel like he dropped off the face of the earth.
May has still been involved with broadcasting since he was laid off from ESPN. He has a show with legendary football coach Lou Holtz called The Crowd’s Line College Football Show where they breakdown different football games and talk about other topics surrounding college football and the NFL. May is very active on social media as well. He has had a lot of experience playing football and talking about the game.

Never heard of that show, although not surprised Lou Holtz is involved.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube. No content since the Super Bowl.

Advertisement
^​

May has still been involved with broadcasting since he was laid off from ESPN. He has a show with legendary football coach Lou Holtz called The Crowd’s Line College Football Show where they breakdown different football games and talk about other topics surrounding college football and the NFL. May is very active on social media as well. He has had a lot of experience playing football and talking about the game.

Never heard of that show, although not surprised Lou Holtz is involved.

EDIT: Found it on YouTube. No content since the Super Bowl.
Guy fell off the face of the earth. Never seen such a well known CFB personality become irrelevant so quick.

Good friend of mine is decently plugged into the Oregon St program and he was just telling me he is hearing the Pac12 and ACC are talking merger, WITHOUT the Big12. TV markets and school quality of the Big12 sucks and neither coastal conference seems to be interested in adding them. Surprisingly, he doesn't think B1G is really interested in Oregon, the Ducks don't have a good TV market or good academics, and B1G doesn't want to split the pot with them. Could an ACC/Pac12 merger (including Notre Dame) be competitive?
Gross

Didn’t B1G say F off to Alliance? This BS about ACC and PAC-12 trying a loose alliance is crap.

Advertisement
By no means is B1G conference a symbol of egalitarianism; however, aside from the atrocities that occurred at PSU, you cannot compare the institutions and their fan bases.

I care (moderately) and prefer the B1G, but our survival and prominence outweighs my bias.
While I agree it’s not only what occurred at Pedo State, just ask some former OSU and MSU athletes

I really don't understand all this hate for the sec. It's literally only one of two life rafts left for us.
Confused Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

Advertisement
Another cultural fit bull**** with stereotypes of everyone in the south. Not everyone is a redneck, hick, racist hillbilly in the south. Stop this nonsense. There’s people that don’t like minorities all over the world and there’s racist minorities against white folks as well. If you don’t want to divide people than stop focusing on it.
Most are

Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma would be in the same boat as there not the original set of members. This is an arms race against the B1G. Why would handcuff one of their biggest markets teams?
You saw Saban crying about aTm’s recruiting - and his school has been one of the worst under the table bag schools. You saw the gator cry about Rashada and the non-stop attacks they’ve made on Ruiz as if he’s a criminal when the reality is, he’s following the law, their collectives aren’t.

We just took Mauigoa, we may take Wayne in the next week, maybe Aguero… UiF bagged Marshall from us pre-NIL. Now they’re getting ***** slapped by us… and we’re gonna take more from them, Bama and UGA.

There’s no way in **** these fine Southern Gentlemen are gonna be cool with it. Lol. They care about themselves first and they will use whatever means they can, overt and covert, to even up any advantages we gain.

They’re not looking at it as Miami is the top team this is great. They want to keep what advantages they’ve had and put us in check so that we compete with the pack but not run it.

And I agree that the SEC makes sense geographically. I think in the SEC - if not put in check - our recruiting could become insanely great. Like they no longer have that SEC SEC SEC argument and we’d be better exposed to their high school players who would be more receptive to us. I just don’t trust them. They’re like the Tobacco Road Boys on steroids.

I think we go there most likely and I just pray that my fears are unfounded and the positive minded people here like you and @Bender are correct and the doomsdayers like @CaneThang2020 ,@WaterburyCane , @Liberty City El , @wspcane and I are wrong.

Advertisement
Back