MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Man I was looking for a gif of someone throwing **** at a wall earlier to post in here. Went down a rabbit hole I regret following.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF
Heavy is the head that wears the crown sir!

Advertisement
Just dropping in to say 🖕🏼 to all the FSU losers stopping by who somehow think that Miami is not going to the Big Ten yet then come here for info.

i see you non AAU pussies on your circle jerk threads on your boards with your dismissal of actual facts about comp tv ratings draws and how miami is never gonna come back blah blah

now get back to your job and get the ph levels in the pool right and don’t forget the second coat of wax on my car

Besides not having a giant enrollment and being a public university, Miami checks every single box for BigTen….

Every

Single

Box

I’ll bet my house and 401k and throw in both kids that Miami moves to big ten

If you’re smart, you’ll remember rumblings from a few other big ten schools, such as Ohio st, Penn st and Mich saying they’d be in favor of adding Miami.

I’ve told you guys going back months that I know Miami has been directly conversing with several big ten schools

FSU has decided to go bull in a China shop to speed up the process

Advertisement
If memory serves, notice has to be given to the ACC by August 15th, and they have 10 months to make it happen, correct? That means 10 months of negotiations.

If memory serves, notice has to be given to the ACC by August 15th, and they have 10 months to make it happen, correct? That means 10 months of negotiations.

At least 10 months. As fast as 10 months.

So we could all choose to leave in 2025 or 2026, if all the relevant parties decided to do so. Sometimes you do that "for the kids", so that the "divorce" goes smoother. You could always re-accelerate the departure date, as Texas/Oklahoma did.

EDIT: Miami has been targeting 2026 for a while now. Could be faster.

Last edited:
from Pete Thamel today

Florida State has long been the unhappiest of the unhappy ACC schools. If FSU, Clemson, Miami or any other aggrieved ACC school wants to, in theory, duck out for the 2024-25 school year, they'd have to notify the league in writing by Aug. 15.

That's a short time to find a home, as that notice would hypothetically give them a chance to play in a new league for 2024. But no one knows what that league could be, which is perhaps the biggest issue: If you leave, where do you go? And will you win the legal battle to own your rights?

The SEC has been devout about staying put at 16 teams in the short term. And no league wants or can legally afford the exposure of taking a team before it untangles itself from its prior conference situation.

The only thing certain about the ACC is that any defections would create a flurry of lawsuits because the grant of rights tied to the television contract runs more than a decade. There's always been an inevitability attached to when -- not if -- those would be tested.

Advertisement
First offer is zero-point-zero. Unenforceable GOR. We can negotiate from there.
The fact that these things tend to end up being negotiated done tells a non-lawyer like myself that they feel it may not be enforceable. No reason to negotiate it down if you legally you get everything.

from Pete Thamel today

A lawsuit should not and does not scare Miami and the other acc schools. It’s actually one of their best options and does not stop a school from joining and getting paid by a new conference

However, I could understand why the big ten would prefer to have this matter resolved prior to adding new schools

The other component that has somewhat been mentioned is that FOX is very much looking to punch ESPN in the mouth, and blowing up the acc or taking its top 4 teams would do that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting fact is Clemson is tied with Penn State in National Ranking of Universities at #77.
Surrrrre, take those rankings for what they're worth but it's been a verrrry precipitous decline for Pedo State on that front. Hate to see it.

Advertisement
Back