MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
That would happen only if somehow the ACC's GOR was able to broken. Otherwise, they'd be moving to a conference where they wouldn't receive any TV money.
The current theory is the schools want to pay for their own buyout over 10 years time. The difference in revenue supposedly makes it worth it.

Advertisement
The current theory is the schools want to pay for their own buyout over 10 years time. The difference in revenue supposedly makes it worth it.
Bingo

If I recall, the bigten tv deal is up again around 2030, so assuming tv money continues to increase, the delta in amortizing $300mm over 10yrs vs annual big ten payouts would totally make sense for a school to navigate in such a fashion

Bingo

If I recall, the bigten tv deal is up again around 2030, so assuming tv money continues to increase, the delta in amortizing $300mm over 10yrs vs annual big ten payouts would totally make sense for a school to navigate in such a fashion
As long as we have a stipulation that if 8 of the current ACC members leave the conference (same thing as if we voted to dissolve) that our balanced owed gets cut to $0.

Bingo

With the hope that somewhere along the way, litigation and negotiation will help reduce if not completely eliminate the buyout.

Advertisement
With the hope that somewhere along the way, litigation and negotiation will help reduce if not completely eliminate the buyout.

This is purely my speculation

Miami fsu Clemson unc band together and negotiate a reduced exit fee, somewhere between $50mm to $100mm each

The other 2nd tier schools pay a much less exit fee in exchange for joining the new consolidated big12 acc leftovers

This is purely my speculation

Miami fsu Clemson unc band together and negotiate a reduced exit fee, somewhere between $50mm to $100mm each

The other 2nd tier schools pay a much less exit fee in exchange for joining the new consolidated big12 acc leftovers
But if you have the top 4, Plus ND, you only need 3 2nd tier schools to leave in order to not have to pay any exit fee.... cause you'd be at 8 votes...

Why would the Big 10 not want UNC?
I’ve always thought that the foursome of UNC-Duke-NCST-Louisville went to the SEC. Duke is the only team that doesn’t fit the SEC profile but then again they add a basketball powerhouse and someone to pair with Vandy to help with the academic profile. They’d clean up in NC, and also have the state of Kentucky. Perhaps they’d take UVA/VT as well to finish off the barrier.

But what doesn’t make sense is allowing Clemson to walk when they are arguably the best fit and best team in the ACC. Perhaps take Duke off and add Clemson…idk…but I will be shocked if Clemson winds up B1G and not SEC. Similarly shocked if UNC doesn’t wind up SEC, as imo Clemson/UNC are the top two for SEC consideration based on fit and geographic location.

Advertisement
I thought UM was a lock for the Big10 - if FSU and Clemson are taken first and we are a next wave team that is not great. I assumed the FSU Clemson leak was to force the SECs hand to expand earlier but UM needs in either conference or it’s game over

Advertisement
I thought UM was a lock for the Big10 - if FSU and Clemson are taken first and we are a next wave team that is not great. I assumed the FSU Clemson leak was to force the SECs hand to expand earlier but UM needs in either conference or it’s game over

Are you saying a second wave?….

You know how we do with second waves around here!!!

UM has a slot in the B10 regardless of "when" they pull the trigger. The B10 projected payouts per team certainly look attractive and DO leave room for paying a "negotiated settlement" over the remaining GOR term (ie like Swaim 'reported' something like a $300 M settlement with annual payments).

BIG ESTIMATED PAYMENTS PER SCHOOL
-2024- $73 M
-25 - $75
-26 - $87
-27 - $89
-28 - $92
-29 - $95
-30 - $98
-31 - $104
-32 - $104
-33 - $107

Another HUGE factor is RECRUITING. Once the B2 has THE prime programs tv slots will be filled with B10 and SEC games almost exclusively, the B2 conferences will have more money, and virtually every 4-5 star recruit will be headed to the Big 2 while the other conferences become effectively farm teams where their best players bail via the portal for their last 1-2 seasons. UM has to get out of the ACC.

Advertisement
Back