MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

So it’s Notre Dame has to announce or decide and then we can join????
Notre Dame might not be so quick to decide.
Might mean their tv deal generally? If they get close to what they want with nbc they stay independent. For now.

Advertisement
Might mean their tv deal generally? If they get close to what they want with nbc they stay independent. For now.
I don’t see them getting that though they might stay independent because they value that and they are so flush with cash that they can do that. I think it should hurt them for the playoffs if they don’t play a grueling schedule like others. Somehow they’re above that fate though.

I don’t see them getting that though they might stay independent because they value that and they are so flush with cash that they can do that. I think it should hurt them for the playoffs if they don’t play a grueling schedule like others. Somehow they’re above that fate though.
def Not getting big 10 money but if they get 65-75 mil I bet they stay for now as is. Think they are willing to pay a $20 mil penalty in effect to stay indie

I don’t get it personally, they have most of rivals in big ten, and even if Stanford doesn’t join, they make usc a permanent rival and schedule Stanford and navy ooc. Get Miami and fsu maybe in rotation. But nd gonna nd

It’s okay to call me whatever you want, all it shows it how you really feel.

I’m good, insult me as much as you want, just make sure yall don’t catch amnesia when I decide to take the gloves off too.

I don’t because it’s usually not worth it, but if & when I decide that it is, yall are REALLY not gonna like it then...
Oh I’m pretty sure I’d like it.

Advertisement
They probably wouldn’t join if they got that. They’re in a special situation compared to virtually everyone else.
Yes, it has been reported they would be happy with a minimum of $75 million per year for football from NBC. With their basketball portion from the ACC, it would get them within shouting distance of the SEC and Big 10. However, if they get less than $75 million or the ACC implodes, all bets could be off.

I don’t because it’s usually not worth it, but if & when I decide that it is, yall are REALLY not gonna like it then...
do it jewish GIF

Oh I’m pretty sure I’d like it.
Yeah, I’m relishing it. I’ll have @Memnon Support gifs out the Yang if he starts brutalizing attack dogs on here. In fact, I hope he expands it to anyone who initiates the attacks. I’ll fight side by side goat by gif with LCE the Vigilante.

In fact Dejaz, please change your name to LCE the Vigilante and make like @Empirical Cane and smoke these attack muppets. 😂

WOMtHaHt.gif

Advertisement
Yes, it has been reported they would be happy with a minimum of $75 million per year for football from NBC. With their basketball portion from the ACC, it would get them within shouting distance of the SEC and Big 10. However, if they get less than $75 million or the ACC implodes, all bets could be off.
That’s a problem if we need them to leave the ACC. If we don’t then whatever.

It’s okay to call me whatever you want, all it shows it how you really feel.

I’m good, insult me as much as you want, just make sure yall don’t catch amnesia when I decide to take the gloves off too.

What I miss??

oS8pRFxbD0d44.gif

Advertisement
I have no problem with that.

I probably shouldn’t have said “Never”, but just the odds aren’t as favorable even with an expanded playoffs.

Unless it goes to something like 16 teams lol
Deja....

Would you agree Mario is supposed to position Miami to compete with any team across CFB?

If not, what the **** is Miami doing then right?

Advertisement
They probably wouldn’t join if they got that. They’re in a special situation compared to virtually everyone else.
It's a situation permitted by what has consistently been beyond feckless "resistance"- see the ACC dealing with them during Covid.

IF the B1G reallllly wanted to force the hand of these Irish hypocrite clowns and start using the stick instead of the honey then they could essentially end this independence nonsense in like a day.

You quietly go to them and simply say that as of a certain date no B1G member school will schedule you in football again unless you join the conference and we even may buy our way out of some currently scheduled games.

Who you going to play, toughguy? Not USC any longer. More than likely you won't even be able cry to any of the marquee ACC schools because that conference is dead. You going to join the SEC to spite us? Please. You know your fanbase wouldn't even accept you being forced to try to schedule an entire "independent" schedule with SEC filler after you play the service academies and Boston College (soon to be of the Big 12).

You going to cry to the TV networks? You don't think Fox is completely onboard with forcing your hand. You think NBC is going to give you moarrrr money when you're finally being iced out? ESPN? You had your chance with them when you were being begged by the ACC to join.

Soooooo....your little run of thinking you call every shot is over now because it finally dawned on us that WE control YOUR destiny unless you guys want to start calling Arkansas to see if they're interested in a home-and-home.

We can pick this up next time and start discussing how your influence with the Playoff system is going to be changing OR we'll just send you those B1G uniform patches over now so you can have them ready to be sewn on in time for the 2025 season.

Good day, sir! You get nothing!!!! (Aside from a full conference share and probably super preferential conference scheduling).

The poster formerly known as Caneinorlando too. 😂

I’ve literally disqualified myself from dealing with some of these guys as I’m tired of hurting friendships on here and if we’re being honest - my best friends on here are a lot of the offenders on the most reported and most ignored list.

Truth is, the very best posters can give as good as they get. We may step over the line occasionally, but it's honest. We don't hide behind schtick or alt accounts or fake tough-guy acts.

I don't think @Memnon is bothered if people disagree with him, as long as the name-calling is kept to a minimum.

If the Ducks and Dogs would be offered partial payouts by the Big 10 (at least for a while), what's to keep them from offering the same to Miami?
Different situation entirely. The B10 has Miami / FSU as PRIME TARGETS for geographic expansion into the State of Florida ... huge population of B10 fans ... rich recruiting area ... helps with the national conference goal. Oregon / Washington are way down on their list ... their reported plan was to add 4 ACC programs and ND with a scheduling agreement first, then, in 4-5 years, add Oregon / Washington. The process has been accelerated by the Pac 12 collapse and the threat that Or / Wa would go to the B12 and FOX didn't want to risk losing that broadcast market ... hence ... the B10 will take them now but at a reduced share (50%) for an initial period to lessen the burden. FOX / CBS / NBC are all aware of the ACC exit issues and will guarantee Miami a full share, and there have even been rumors that the media partners might assist in helping cover some of the exit costs.

Advertisement
Back