MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I'd be in favor of a tertiary-rights agreement with Hallmark Channel if Danica McKellar agreed to be the sideline reporter...

It would also position us nicely for a Lululemon deal, and @hoops156 would be ecstatic!

EDIT: to be clear, that last part was a light-hearted joke, I'm just trying to include my guy hoops in the festivities, that wasn't a shot at him...

I love Hoops!

View attachment 248282
1690480840841.png

Advertisement
I’m
View attachment 248280

Shoutout @TheOriginalCane @Hurracanes @Cane6 and @Cribby - y’all be on this since last summer!! Now let’s just get out of this **** conference

I def know these other posters are better connected to Miami than me. But I knew the GOR wasn’t going to stop the top tier ACC schools from finding a way out, and always knew the BigTen was a key variable in the outcome

Having ties to Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan, it’s helpful to hear things from other sources.

Seeing how tv deal discussions have gone for PAC12 and Big12, AND the issues with abc/Disney/ESPN in the past 12 months, I figured there would be some movement

I'd be in favor of a tertiary-rights agreement with Hallmark Channel if Danica McKellar agreed to be the sideline reporter...

It would also position us nicely for a Lululemon deal, and @hoops156 would be ecstatic!

EDIT: to be clear, that last part was a light-hearted joke, I'm just trying to include my guy hoops in the festivities, that wasn't a shot at him...

I love Hoops!

View attachment 248282

I always loved Winnie Cooper

I’m

I def know these other posters are better connected to Miami than me. But I knew the GOR wasn’t going to stop the top tier ACC schools from finding a way out, and always knew the BigTen was a key variable in the outcome

Having ties to Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan, it’s helpful to hear things from other sources.

Seeing how tv deal discussions have gone for PAC12 and Big12, AND the issues with abc/Disney/ESPN in the past 12 months, I figured there would be some movement

I think that the interesting thing (which was hard for any of us to analyze) is seeing what the latest version of the ACC-ESPN contract looks like.

If you listened to Bubba Cunningham's comments on that terrible interweb show (which @NorthernVirginiaCane clearly did not listen to), he said that the ACC, in turn, sold the rights to ESPN. So if ESPN holds our rights, and depending on what the contract said, they could conceivably just transfer those broadcast rights into a new deal with the Big 10.

I'm NOT saying that's what WILL happen, I'm just discussing one avenue (assuming ESPN was a willing partner) that would allow us to gear-shift from the ACC over to the Big 10.

Gonna be an interesting year or two.

Gonna be some awesome year-end bonuses at certain law firms...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think that the interesting thing (which was hard for any of us to analyze) is seeing what the latest version of the ACC-ESPN contract looks like.

If you listened to Bubba Cunningham's comments on that terrible interweb show (which @NorthernVirginiaCane clearly did not listen to), he said that the ACC, in turn, sold the rights to ESPN. So if ESPN holds our rights, and depending on what the contract said, they could conceivably just transfer those broadcast rights into a new deal with the Big 10.

I'm NOT saying that's what WILL happen, I'm just discussing one avenue (assuming ESPN was a willing partner) that would allow us to gear-shift from the ACC over to the Big 10.

ESPN is about to bend over the (remaining) ACC AGAIN like a bull taking a cucks wife
I Think You Should Leave Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Last edited:

Totally agree.

The other scenario that could happen, and I bring this up based upon my background in finance and contracts, if a handful of acc teams left and struck a deal with the bigten, the onus would be on ESPN to recoup damages…. Whatever Fox/BigTen are paying it’s member schools doesn’t got frozen or transferred to ESPN

I say all this because I’d bet my house espn/abc would not want to be put in this predicament and be tasked with defending their grossly one-sided position that is the GOR

Advertisement
Advertisement

I love Hoops!

View attachment 248282
Make it a team of Danica McKellar and Lorie Laughlin and I'm on board (in more ways than one).

Things are about to get very interesting. We should know pretty quickly which schools are committed to keeping the ACC alive.
It feels like the dam is about to burst. This is what happens with these things. Big 12 knows what it has to do and is making its moves to survive. Who will be the next school to just rip the bandaid off and force the next wave. I don't see it happening, but I really hope it's Miami first. I want to feel the hate again.

Advertisement
Back