MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

What about tampering? Someone is tampering!!!

1690476046950.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
As soon as there is any chance of punching holes in the GOR agreement - Miami, Clemson, and FSU will bolt for greener pastures the next day together.

If one announces they're leaving the ACC, everyone else will soon follow.

Advertisement
It does seem to provide balance. USC/UCLA out west, then Miami/FSU. If they fill in a bit it's a true national college football conference with big names everywhere.
I've never really bought into the notion of UiF having enough juice alone in the SEC to keep out the other Florida schools but with the potential dynamic you described it would be hilarious if true.

A situation created where the B1G could be the more lucrative/powerful national conference that also now has TWO schools in the most fertile recruiting ground in your regional conference.

mom son GIF

Advertisement
SEC is going to regret allowing us to go to Big 10. This isn’t the ACC.
The collective puckering of their sphincters when the B1G announces a rotation of their conference championship game that includes a stadium in Florida is going to create such a vacuum effect in the South that the hair dye might get sucked right off of Sabag's dome.

Advertisement

That’s too late, bro.

George Kliavkoff: Someone call the ACC! Let's do a bi-coastal thing or something! I'm all out of ideas, fellas. We've been bluffing about tv "deals" for over a year now. The best offer I got was for $80k a year per school from the Hallmark Channel and they can't guarantee they won't show our games on taped delay come holiday season if Dean Cain or Danica McKellar puts out a new Christmas or Thanksgiving movie.

Probably 90% of the population growth in the State of Florida over the past 20 years (outside of Miami / Dade) has been people from the Midwest and Northeast moving into SW Florida (Tampa to Marco Island), Jacksonville to Boca, and the Orlando area. One individual did an economic evaluation and estimated that some crazy number like $100 Billion in 'wealth' had relocated from the MW / NE to Florida over the past five years. These are all people from B10 country so the B10 fanbase in Florida is most likely larger than any single B10 state in the Midwest or Northeast.
I’m born and raised outside of Chicago but live down here. I went to Siesta Key for a buddy’s wedding a couple months back. Holy **** if it didn’t feel like a Midwest reunion but on a tropical island. I was shocked. Every other person I talked to was from around Chicago or the Midwest. Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin gear all over the place.

I'll be moving to SW Florida from Maryland when I retire as well. Still a long ways off (20+ years probably) so it depends on how much changes but I vacation down to Florida 2 or 3 times a year.

George Kliavkoff: Someone call the ACC! Let's do a bi-coastal thing or something! I'm all out of ideas, fellas. We've been bluffing about tv "deals" for over a year now. The best offer I got was for $80k a year per school from the Hallmark Channel and they can't guarantee they won't show our games on taped delay come holiday season if Dean Cain or Danica McKellar puts out a new Christmas or Thanksgiving movie.

I'd be in favor of a tertiary-rights agreement with Hallmark Channel if Danica McKellar agreed to be the sideline reporter...

It would also position us nicely for a Lululemon deal, and @hoops156 would be ecstatic!

EDIT: to be clear, that last part was a light-hearted joke, I'm just trying to include my guy hoops in the festivities, that wasn't a shot at him...

I love Hoops!

1690480756978.png

Advertisement
Back