MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

The PAC 12 doesn't have a media deal yet (not that it would keep any school that wants to leave there anyway - Oregon & Washington aren't signing a GoR for sure). At least, this would allow the ACC to renegotiate this God awful TV deal. It wouldn't be Big 10/SEC money, but it would be closer than where the Canes are now. If ND's freeloading *** is added, even closer.

Oregon and Washington are pretty **** solid football brands. Again, just an idea because the other option is to fight the GoR with the ACC and since it was created AFTER Maryland left the ACC for Big 10 country, I think it will be pretty **** airtight. Staying stuck for another 5 years or so until the benefits of a conference move outweigh the costs of getting out of the ACC doesn't seem like a good strategy to me, but we'll see.

It wouldn’t be closer. It would probably be less.

Advertisement
People in Colorado have been saying they're gone to the XII, with Utah and AZ schools.

ACC's last ditch effort will be to bring in Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal for some sort of pacific division of an All Coasts Conference.

Pac-12 still doesn't have a TV deal, these teams are gone.

Advertisement
People in Colorado have been saying they're gone to the XII, with Utah and AZ schools.

ACC's last ditch effort will be to bring in Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal for some sort of pacific division of an All Coasts Conference.

I thought that the Pac-12 conference was similar to the Big 10 as they get a large amount of money for research grants. Could be wrong, but that would be difficult for those schools to leave on the table. ACC better do something in regards to the leftovers if that does happen and maybe also try to scoop in ND as well. Pipe dream, but there's lots of desperate teams trying to not get left out.

Impressed that the big 12 did so surprisingly well after Texas and Oklahoma bailed
Timing and aggressive mindset.

Big 12 was dead after UT and OU were gone but then:
- Expanded with UH, UCF, Cinci and BYU;
- USC and UCLA bolted from the Pac-12;
- Signed a TV deal BEFORE the Pac-12 and FOR LESS than Kliavkoff (Pac-12 AD) promised to his member.

Yormark's strategy to attack the most vulnerable conference is working and will work, leading to the end of the Pac-12 and the survival of the Big 12.

That Big 12 is in good hands and I would not be surprised if when all is said and done they are the n. 3 conference in CFB.

Last edited:

Make it football (maybe basketball too) only so you don't have all of the other sports having to travel back and forth across the country. A reverse ND scenario if you will. Maybe you can then play those schools at the beginning of the year like the ACC/Big10 Basketball Challenge - maybe at a neutral location.

This is probably what should have been happening with the other realignments anyway. We all know this is about football, why is the USC soccer team going to have to fly from LA to Happy Valley.

Bro if Jim Phillip is not looking to do this ACC is DOA

Advertisement
Bro if Jim Phillip is not looking to do this ACC is DOA
I am sure he is looking, but (and I missed this if it was already discussed) how would this work with the current TV deal? Does adding teams to the league automatically blow up the TV deal and/or GoR?

If so, I would think doing that could open the door to Miami, Clemson, FSU, etc leaving.

If not, how would the TV deal be reevaluated? If I am ESPN I might say 'sure it would be nice to have those teams but not nice enough that I have to give up this sweet deal I currently have with the ACC.' Would it go to arbitration?

Maybe the GoR stays with the ACC and the contract gives ESPN right to make a proposal first before the ACC can shop the deal? But if this the case, you would think they would have just added any ole team by now to force ESPN back to the bargaining table.

The professional biography of Rad can't be written without some significant criticism for ever signing this deal and everyone overestimating the value of the ACC Network but mannnnnn....imagine the quotes we'd be seeing representing the University of Miami on this front today if this eunuch was still sitting in that seat:

Screenshot_20230303_144832_Chrome.jpg

Impressed that the big 12 did so surprisingly well after Texas and Oklahoma bailed

They basically don’t have any teams left anybody wants to poach except maybe the PAC 12, but nobody wants to join the PAC 12.

But those Big 12 teams left have enough of a rabid fanbase to where it’s economically viable to some degree.

Which puts the Big 12 in a bad spot if the point is to contend with the Big 10 and SEC both financially and on the field. They will never have a legit NC contender. They are going to struggle to have a team finish in the Top 15 in recruiting.

But because they aren’t going to be poached, and will get enough tv money thanks to the Texas fanbases, they are guaranteed to still be standing as the tallest midget when it’s all said and done. Whereas the PAC 12 and ACC will have individual teams move on to better things than the Big 12, but the conferences as a whole won’t even exist.

It’s almost like being the runt pig. You aren’t going to be treated great. But you also aren’t going to get slaughtered.

Advertisement

My Michigan buddy said BigTen is actively negotiating with those 4 PAC12 schools to join. He said he’s hasn’t heard a lot of movement with ACC schools

My Michigan buddy said BigTen is actively negotiating with those 4 PAC12 schools to join. He said he’s hasn’t heard a lot of movement with ACC schools
I mean, what is the negotiation with them? Their conference is on the brink of collapse and at best they are going to get the same amount of money they are currently getting if they got a new TV deal. Unless the Big10 is proposing giving them less of a share than the other teams, what's there to negotiate?

Or is the negotiation with the TV channels as to how much extra money the conference would get?

Advertisement
If the Big 12 somehow survives then it REALLLLLY shows the ineptitude of ACC and Pac-10 "leadership". That conference was left for and should be dead but they obviously have decided to be collectively aggressive as opposed to the left coast sissies still butthurt over USC/UCLA and the Carolina Doofus Mafia that are happy with the status quo as they somehow control a conference as basketball "powers" in a football world.

Advertisement
Back