MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
That isn't stopping us. Miami is gone, my dude.

How To Bow GIF by ATARASHII GAKKO!

Do you know how confident Miami is that they will have a seat with the big boys when this all shakes out?
I'd hope they're 100% confident otherwise they should be doing everything they can to make sure the ACC survives until they're good again not leading to it's pending demise.

I'm not convinced the SEC or Big Ten want to go beyond 16 each. At this point, only Notre Dame moves the needle enough to grow the pie.

Texas is gone. USC is gone.

Better off fixing what is left.

Advertisement
Just playing devils advocate here, as I’d rather see us in either the Big Ten or SEC than the Big 12. But let’s say Big 12 adds us, Clemson, FSU, Oregon and Washington. Maybe UNC also. Does that move the needle enough to put the Big 12 in the same tier as SEC/Big Ten?

Just playing devils advocate here, as I’d rather see us in either the Big Ten or SEC than the Big 12. But let’s say Big 12 adds us, Clemson, FSU, Oregon and Washington. Maybe UNC also. Does that move the needle enough to put the Big 12 in the same tier as SEC/Big Ten?
Too much bottom tier schools. The top schools would rival or be on par with the B10 though.

Clemson and FSU are locks for the SEC imo. Oregon and Oregon State to b12. wash to the b10.

Nope, not even close. A lot of bad second tier programs in the Big 12. Let me put it this way, no matter who the Big 12 adds, if the SEC or B1G offered any team in the Big 12 a spot, those teams would jump. The SEC and B1G are getting first pick of the country. Every team left over will be just that. Leftovers.

Advertisement
No.

Edit: Clemson and FSU want in the SEC. I seriously doubt they end up in Big 12. Which means Miami won’t join. Long term, the SEC and Big 10 will always have better TV contracts and Miami needs to position itself for success. Less money isn’t the way.

Nope, not even close. A lot of bad second tier programs in the Big 12. Let me put it this way, no matter who the Big 12 adds, if the SEC or B1G offered any team in the Big 12 a spot, those teams would jump. The SEC and B1G are getting first pick of the country. Every team left over will be just that. Leftovers.
Agreed. Miami in the Big 12 with an Oregon and Washington type of lineup would actually be a decent conference. But that doesn't matter much because FSU and Clemson wouldn't join...they'd end up in SEC.

Sure, maybe the overall Big 12 conference isn't horrible and the media rights deal is a **** of a lot better than the ACC. But now you have Miami in the 3rd best conference with the rest of our top rivals in the top conferences.

That would be a wrap for Miami Football.

No.

Edit: Clemson and FSU want in the SEC. I seriously doubt they end up in Big 12. Which means Miami won’t join. Long term, the SEC and Big 10 will always have better TV contracts and Miami needs to position itself for success. Less money isn’t the way.
I agree. I was just posing a hypothetical. I’m not under the impression that any of those schools would join the B12. But I thought it would be interesting to hear others thoughts on the question. It would make the conference very top heavy imo with the AAC schools already joining.

I think us, Clemson, FSU, Oregon, Washington, and UNC joining would be as close as you could possibly get to rivaling the other two conferences. But even then I still don’t think it’s enough.

Personally, I hope we go B10. I know others want SEC because of rivalries and proximity but I think we align well with the B10 moreso than the SEC

I agree. I was just posing a hypothetical. I’m not under the impression that any of those schools would join the B12. But I thought it would be interesting to hear others thoughts on the question. It would make the conference very top heavy imo with the AAC schools already joining.

I think us, Clemson, FSU, Oregon, Washington, and UNC joining would be as close as you could possibly get to rivaling the other two conferences. But even then I still don’t think it’s enough.

Personally, I hope we go B10. I know others want SEC because of rivalries and proximity but I think we align well with the B10 moreso than the SEC
Why would the SEC and Big Ten want to go beyond 16 schools each? Eventually the pie gets too big and you need some have nots to make it worthwhile.

Advertisement

Our only option is the SEC or B1G. The Big 12 is going to be a conference of the leftovers. Hopefully we've not waited too late to invest so we can get a seat at the table.

Why would the SEC and Big Ten want to go beyond 16 schools each? Eventually the pie gets too big and you need some have nots to make it worthwhile.
The Big Ten tv contract ups the money for each new region they enter. They don’t have any schools in Florida so if we were to move there, that increases revenue while also increasing recruiting footprints in Florida for the other schools. I’d assume the allure to the SEC would be to keep the Big Ten out of Florida for those same reasons.

Our only option is the SEC or B1G. The Big 12 is going to be a conference of the leftovers. Hopefully we've not waited too late to invest so we can get a seat at the table.
I agree. Really just posing a hypothetical for the only way I can see the Big 12 competing with the other two conferences. There’s no way it ever happens, but imo that’s the only way they could be close to equal footing with the SEC/B1G

Advertisement

If you can get the quality, it's worth it. Something that doesn't dilute your product. You have more top tier content to sell. There are very few legit programs left out there, and every one you get means there is one less top program out there for your rival conference to get, making you top dog. You want that leverage when you go to negotiate.

The Big Ten tv contract ups the money for each new region they enter. They don’t have any schools in Florida so if we were to move there, that increases revenue while also increasing recruiting footprints in Florida for the other schools. I’d assume the allure to the SEC would be to keep the Big Ten out of Florida for those same reasons.

I haven't looked at all the B1G TV contract details, but if all that is true that definitely helps Miami. Does the SEC want the B1G having a market down in their region or do they lock it up by adding FSU and Miami. They'll obviously take Clemson because they already have South Carolina to sure up that state.

I haven't looked at all the B1G TV contract details, but if all that is true that definitely helps Miami. Does the SEC want the B1G having a market down in their region or do they lock it up by adding FSU and Miami. They'll obviously take Clemson because they already have South Carolina to sure up that state.
But the SEC network is already in South Carolina. Clemson doesn't expand the footprint at all.

I think very few schools left grow the pie. Texas did. USC did. Notre Dame will.

The only way it makes sense for the SEC and Big Ten to go beyond 16 each is if they want to get rid of the NCAA completely, and maybe that's the plan. But I doubt it.

Advertisement
Back