MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
They are in charge, interesting to see where they land. If ACC is smart they will give them a sweetheart deal and that probably saves the ACC. My guess is some schools will be in favor and some very opposed. My understanding is that NDs preference is the status quo then ACC, then Big 10. All about the $$ though.

Outkick doing what they typically do here- which isn't much aside from creating an entire "article" on a hunch by John Ourand- who isn't even affiliated with them.

That aside, I don't really see how Notre Dame pulls off this supposed "independence" but then also starts catering to the B1G and NBC by playing a lot more games against that conference unless they break their ACC deal.

You'd essentially be playing the 5 mandatory ACC games and then that game against Navy every year. Is the rest of your schedule just going to be a cupcake and all B1G games and you're essentially a bootleg member of 2 conferences?

Or are they assuming the ACC is going to fold in the near future anyway? At that point why not hasten it and go public that you're NEVER going to join the ACC?

Outkick doing what they typically do here- which isn't much aside from creating an entire "article" on a hunch by John Ourand- who isn't even affiliated with them.

That aside, I don't really see how Notre Dame pulls off this supposed "independence" but then also starts catering to the B1G and NBC by playing a lot more games against that conference unless they break their ACC deal.

You'd essentially be playing the 5 mandatory ACC games and then that game against Navy every year. Is the rest of your schedule just going to be a cupcake and all B1G games and you're essentially a bootleg member of 2 conferences?

Or are they assuming the ACC is going to fold in the near future anyway? At that point why not hasten it and go public that you're NEVER going to join the ACC?
They would have to leave the ACC and it’s much easier for them to do that than any other member. The ACC should agree to add them and let them keep their football money or at least more of it. My guess is the lords of Tobacco Road will be against that, but some other members will understand it’s a way to save the Conference. In the end the ACC is dead anyway unless they find some $$.

Advertisement
They would have to leave the ACC and it’s much easier for them to do that than any other member. The ACC should agree to add them and let them keep their football money or at least more of it. My guess is the lords of Tobacco Road will be against that, but some other members will understand it’s a way to save the Conference. In the end the ACC is dead anyway unless they find some $$.
I think ND likes the ACC for their other sports but not for football. I dont think they'll ever join a conf if they get a huge tv deal with nBC every time their deal is up and nothing points to that not being the case. the only way ti falls apart for them is if the conf say we wont schedule independent teams anymore which they wont do bc ND is a huge draw for anyone hosting a game against them or a huge tv draw for anyone playing them

Advertisement

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

Live look at the ACC watching the Big 10 and SEC live it up

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back